Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

15 minutes ago, Mana said:

And Lampard would? What makes you think he would be given time over Howe?

Absolutely not. Have you seen what Howe did with Bournemouth? Or do I have to go through it with you?

Yes, that's why I am making the point. I believe the board would be more willing to give time to a club legend than effectively a nobody. 

Don't need to go through anything, thanks. Bournemouth's last three final standings were 9th, 12th, 14th (spent £80M! in the season just gone), so could you please show me the progress and signs of CL material?

It might be best to look at the bigger picture in future. 

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

West Ham spent more than Bournemouth across four seasons and Bournemouth finished above them twice.

That might have something to do with having a stadium almost 6x the size in capacity. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I find Eddie Howe to be overrated, TBH. His Bournemouth side play good football but as you said, they can't defend (you can't just brush it off like it's nothing if we want to succeed at the highest level) and Howe doesn't seem to offer much in terms of tactical variety.

Furthermore, since he got Bournemouth to the Premier League in 2015, he has spent £136.5 million - which is quite a lot when you consider some of the smaller sides don't even get to spend that much - and finished 16th, 9th, 12th and 14th, with a return of 42, 46, 44, 45 points respectively.

Didn't say I wanted him here, just that if we're looking within the league I'd rather him than Gracia.

Honestly, none of the available options are better than Sarri. Not Allegri, not Blanc, not Lamps,  not Gracia. None of them.

Anyone we get is going to struggle without the transfer window to freshen things up. That's why keeping Sarri is the best course of action. At least he knows the squad well.

Just now, Mana said:

There is a reason why they can't defend. They have crappy defenders. Bournemouth are not a big club or even a medium-sized club (although year after year, they are becoming that). West Ham spent more than Bournemouth across four seasons and Bournemouth finished above them twice.

They might have crappy defenders but if there's proper tactical organization, it can help mask the deficiency. But I don't think we have seen that and even if they have finished above the likes of West Ham, look at their points return. Just above the 40s, doing just enough to stay in the league and that's it. I don't get the sense that they're going anywhere. Reminds me of Tony Pulis at Stoke, where he did just enough to keep them up, played the same dull football year in year out and eventually got booted out. 

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Didn't say I wanted him here, just that if we're looking within the league I'd rather him than Gracia.

Honestly, none of the available options are better than Sarri. Not Allegri, not Blanc, not Lamps,  not Gracia. None of them.

Anyone we get is going to struggle without the transfer window to freshen things up. That's why keeping Sarri is the best course of action. At least he knows the squad well.

That last notion there is a bit silly when in terms of results, Conte came in and straight away won the league and Sarri took us to the third and won the Europa League. That's just our last two managers. 

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Have you forgotten Di Matteo? So no, I strongly disagree. They will not give him more time.

Di Matteo was a stop gap last time I checked and only got the job because of his triumph in Munich. Not exactly the same.  

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

WTF. Bournemouth were never going to reach CL with their budget, no matter how good Howe is. They need to spend way more than £80m to challenge for even EL.

That clearly wasn't the point I was making. Howe has been given considerable backing and there is no sign of progression.

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Yes, that's why I am making the point. I believe the board would be more willing to give time to a club legend than effectively a nobody. 

Why would this club give time to an inexperienced manager vs experienced managers? How is that financially viable? Since when has this club ever leaned towards sentimentals vs efficiency? 

Why would this club give time to an inexperienced manager vs experienced managers? How is that financially viable? Since when has this club ever leaned towards sentimentals vs efficiency? 

There's an exception to every rule. We'll find out should Lampard get the job.

9 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

There's an exception to every rule. We'll find out should Lampard get the job.

I expect Lampard to get sacked if we are trophyless or fail to make top 4. And I expect the fans to turn on him the moment Alonso or Willian get a run of games. 

I don't base my facts on conjecture. I base it on history. 

46 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Don't need to go through anything, thanks. Bournemouth's last three final standings were 9th, 12th, 14th (spent £80M! in the season just gone), so could you please show me the progress and signs of CL material?

It might be best to look at the bigger picture in future. 

That might have something to do with having a stadium almost 6x the size in capacity. 

His playing career should have no bearing on his managerial career at all... if he comes in doesnt do well he doesnt deserve a tonne more time because hes Frank Lampard... ridiculous.

Weve binned top managers such as Ancelotti - who has achieved more than most in the modern game - for finishing 2nd. Also Robbie Di Matteo, not a top manager fair enough but a hugely popular ex player who won a CL and FA cup the previous season sas sacked after 6 months. 

Why does Lampard deserve special treatment based on his playing career? He will know the risks coming into it if we go for him. To get sentimental and use his playing career as a gambit for much more time than others who have done tenfold that what he has as a manager? Would be crazy.

Regarding Eddie Howe, he is a decent coach but nothing more. He has done well in the football leagues and has earned his place in the PL though. Hes still got enough time to get a bigger club but he would need to do a lot better next season at Bournemouth and have a really good year considering biggish outlays on players such as Ake, Lerma, Jordon Ibe, David Brooks, Dom Solanke, Lloyd Kelly over the years for a club like Bournemouth. For instance if he had spent that sort of cash at the likes of an Everton he would probably get slated for finishing once in the top ten.

18 minutes ago, Mana said:

How do you know the players he got was his own doing? Also one of their highest paid players Solanke only played 10 matches the whole season.

How do you know otherwise? Trying to rebut the points without any actual proof is of no worth to the discussion. 

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I expect Lampard to get sacked if we are trophyless or fail to make top 4. And I expect the fans to turn on him the moment Alonso or Willian get a run of games. 

I don't base my facts on conjecture. I base it on history. 

They are presumptions, nonetheless.

53 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

There seems to be some bizarre notion that Lampad will be given time from the board and the fans. And that the players will all of a sudden put in 110% shifts every week. Just because it's Lampard. 

It's not bizarre that the fans would give one of our own more time than most others that could come in. 

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

His playing career should have no bearing on his managerial career at all... if he comes in doesnt do well he doesnt deserve a tonne more time because hes Frank Lampard... ridiculous.

Weve binned top managers such as Ancelotti - who has achieved more than most in the modern game - for finishing 2nd. Also Robbie Di Matteo, not a top manager fair enough but a hugely popular ex player who won a CL and FA cup the previous season sas sacked after 6 months. 

Why does Lampard deserve special treatment based on his playing career? He will know the risks coming into it if we go for him. To get sentimental and use his playing career as a gambit for much more time than others who have done tenfold that what he has as a manager? Would be crazy.

Please point me in the direction where I stated he is deserving of more leeway? 

People keep going on about the past despite it having little relevance to today. It's clear Roman/Board want to go down a different patch, which is emphasised by Cech's imminent arrival.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Solanke, one of the players they bought in this (past) season definitely played only 10 games for Bournemouth. That's not guesswork, that is a fact.

In my eyes, Howe bought him just like Ibe. Money down the drain 

Just now, Mana said:

Lol, I'm telling you right now. If Sarri didn't win the EL, the board would mos likely given him the boot. In fact, towards the end of the season there were rumours of him getting sacked.

There were rumours after losing 4-0 to Bournemouth, there were rumours after 6-0 to City, etc. I'm sure Sarri's objective was a top 4 finish with anything else being an added bonus.

Roman personally scheduled that friendly, so I highly doubt the EL was on his agenda at all.

20 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Please point me in the direction where I stated he is deserving of more leeway? 

People keep going on about the past despite it having little relevance to today. It's clear Roman/Board want to go down a different patch, which is emphasised by Cech's imminent arrival.

Well to requote, you said you believe the board would be willing to give him extra time. Okay you didny say it but you beliebe the board would be willing to? Basically? Cmon we seen it with Villas-Boas before who again had just won a treble with Porto the previous season... there is no such thing as properly giving a manager time here. Again though, my question is what does Franks playing career have to remotedly do with his managerial career? He knows the club yes being a legend here but it has no other bearing on anything. 

Appointing Cech barely signals a change in direction, we didnt replace Emenalo who was basically sporting director, didnt manage to get Campos or Monchi in who were previously linked (even then who knows did we even go for them?) so I would hardly say appointing Cech is a massive change. Its a position that has needed filled since Emenalo left clearly based on some of the dross weve signed over the years.

Just because the club wants to do what the likes of other clubs have been doing for years, keep integrating ex players and club legends into its running in some capacity its barely anything revelutionary or cutting edge, clubs have been doing it for years. Even then we have got ex players and have had them involved in some capacity: Jody Morris, Carlo Cudicini, Paulo Ferreira, Henrique Hilario, Joe Cole, Tore Andre Flo, Gianfranco Zola, Andy Myers off the top of my head all involved in different capacities at the club. Its hardly a signal of change is it when weve been doing it before across the board?

19 minutes ago, Mana said:

Lol, I'm telling you right now. If Sarri didn't win the EL, the board would most likely given him the boot.

This is gold. You state a fact and then finish it with speculation. Sarri might have agreed to join Juve before the final if so the board wouldn't have sacked him in fact the complete opposite (again speculation not fact ).

5 hours ago, Costa19 said:

Momblano: According to the agent Ramadani, Sarri frees himself from Chelsea today.

Momblano: Again according to this agent, Sarri will be announced as a new Juventus coach by Wednesday

Momblano: This version found no denials from Juventus.

[Momblano] “Chelsea will let Sarri go today & before wednesday he will sign for Juventus...according to the manager of Sarri. But I have different info.”

Momblano: Today I can only remain on the name of Guardiola. Because I believe that Juve has worked on those levels.

Momblano: Juve's attempt on Guardiola does not depend on the sentence but on the will of Guardiola himself.

Momblano: If Juve signs Sarri tomorrow it's because Guardiola says "I don't feel like it". But I believe in it little.

Momblano: From what I guessed Sarri and Sarri's entourage feel they are Juve's first choice.

Momblano: There are two press releases that will decide, let's see what comes first. The Chelsea communiqué or the Uefa ruling on the City.

Apparently this "Momblano" is some Juve ITK journalist. Found these quotes on a Juve forum coming from a TV show this "Momblano" is doing live at the moment.
Looks like Juve trying/tried to sign Pep because he have a clause releasing him from his contract at City if they fail to qualify for CL and they might get banned by UEFA.

and Pep has rubbished every single rumour and was even told this Momblano got the Cr7 rumour right and replied "well sorry, but hes wrong this time, im going nowhere, i will manage man city next season"  Even said he is fed up of answering it, its total nonsense

But this Momblano plonker still peddles his BS.

Reading that, it smacks of someone backtracking and covering his arse

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Both have pros and cons but overall Allegri is better than Sarri at the moment imo.

Just now, RoyalBlues said:

Both have pros and cons but overall Allegri is better than Sarri at the moment imo.

yeh, allegri is better than Sarri.  And you'd have to possibly include Blanc because although he won Ligue 1 with PSG, he won it with bordeaux, too