Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

59 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I was the one to criticise him too quite heavily, but critique is to see improvement, not to see him leave.

He was flawed, but IMO its a mistake to let him go now. He knows the team better than any other manager. We wont be able to bring many players if any and we lost our best player. 

I just hope we dont revert to playing hoof park the bus football. Not because I didnt like that style, but because its not working anymore.

Who is going to take over? Lamps with almost none experience? Allegri? He is boring and predictable. The likes of Poch are never coming here so why sack Sarri? Id give him one more year to see improvement or let him go then.

The board made so many mistakes, its hard to trust them to make a right decision here.

We're not sacking him bud, he's asked to leave, to jump ship.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think this is massive alarm bells for any manager coming in in the future. Who would want to come into a club where the fans and various media outlets have slaughtered a manaeger despite successfully getting third place and getting to 2 cup finals? People wanted a different style after Conte we got that, now there was a blip mid season but it sorted itself out and we finished strongly. The whole family reasons is a smoke screen for me, why would anybody stay where they clearly arent wanted? Juve really want him.... Marina clearly doesnt seem that fussed either so that shows the mentality of the club at the minute and what they actually think of Sarri. So yeah 100% if it were me or another sane person, theyd be off. He was very clear if his future was hinged on the Europa League final result they should sack him as it would be better for him to go.

Actually quite annoyed hes going to leave, he needed time to continue working on our team (like whoever will take over after), hes made big steps in terms of changing the teams playing style and he deserves more time after how the season finished to get us to where he wanted us to be but I do see why he wants to go as well. Think a portion of fans and the media need to have a long long hard look at themselves. Embarrassment to the club and themselves. The club has also got to reevaluate thing upstairs. 

Good luck to him in the future and hopefully he can start winning more trophies along with implementing his style wherever he goes. That was his one criticism he hasnt won anything but now he has so lets see if he can continue to do so to enhance his reputation.

1. We have sacked managers in the past, even after they have won trophies with us. I hardly think Sarri leaving is gonna place any sudden alarm bells on the job when it's been there for years.

2. When you said fans slaughter the manager, are you talking about the ones in stadiums? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the fans actually only protested publicly like twice - United at home and Cardiff away. Online criticism shouldn't even be relevant when it happens everywhere. And moreover, you're making it out as if this only happens at Chelsea when it happens at other clubs as well. If he's really quitting because of things like this, not saying it's good, then he's probably gonna have it worse in Italy with the Ultras there if things go south at Juventus. 

3. Marina not fussed about letting Sarri go? She was the one who brought him in and like it or not, we have never been a club that prevents people from leaving if they really want to. And reports have suggested that the board actually aren't going to sack Sarri if he wants to stay because of the encouraging end to the season.

“How many times do I have to say, I’m not going to Juventus?” he said. “I am not going to move to Italy, I’m staying here two more seasons.

How can a Juventus supporter read those words from Pep and still believe bloggers who say he is going there!!  Give your heads a wobble

Apparently the rumours coming out of Italy are that Guardiola has something in his contract allowing him to walk if City aren't in the Champions League and if they get this ban it would allow him to walk, hence the Juventus links.

Seems a bit of a reach to me. I can actually see him going to Juventus eventually, just not at present.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

Apparently the rumours coming out of Italy are that Guardiola has something in his contract allowing him to walk if City aren't in the Champions League and if they get this ban it would allow him to walk, hence the Juventus links.

Seems a bit of a reach to me. I can actually see him going to Juventus eventually, just not at present.

Gab Marcotti mentioned on ESPN that Juventus actually also have eyes on Pochettino. Will be harder to get him due to the compensation (and Daniel Levy!) but IF Spurs win the Champions League, wonder whether Pochettino will decide to quit...

United made a mistake in not waiting for Pochetino because I believe the same, poch is leaving after this final. 

I'm surprised that juventus want Sarri instead of Pochetino but maybe Barcelona will go for him? 

55 minutes ago, Jason said:

1. We have sacked managers in the past, even after they have won trophies with us. I hardly think Sarri leaving is gonna place any sudden alarm bells on the job when it's been there for years.

2. When you said fans slaughter the manager, are you talking about the ones in stadiums? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the fans actually only protested publicly like twice - United at home and Cardiff away. Online criticism shouldn't even be relevant when it happens everywhere. And moreover, you're making it out as if this only happens at Chelsea when it happens at other clubs as well. If he's really quitting because of things like this, not saying it's good, then he's probably gonna have it worse in Italy with the Ultras there if things go south at Juventus. 

3. Marina not fussed about letting Sarri go? She was the one who brought him in and like it or not, we have never been a club that prevents people from leaving if they really want to. And reports have suggested that the board actually aren't going to sack Sarri if he wants to stay because of the encouraging end to the 

When have the fans ever protested here in the last 10 or 15 years other than when we appointed Rafa? So twice in a season is bad enough and considering it was quite daft and a by product of poor form too shows exactly where we are at. I doubt anyone cares about the online stuff but the studd you see some of these people go to the games and the booing and whatever else weve also heard this season is quite pathetic, particularly when Jorginho was bood.... Plus you were saying that the protests regarding CHO and RLC prompted him to play them to "save his job".... the alarm bells should be there, theyve been for a few seasons regardless but if someone like Sarri, a guy who we went through the ringer to appoint, doesnt want to be here because he hasnt got the necessary backing or whatever then what does that say about the club? This is a guy who has no interest in the transfer market as he said himself but again, he wants the club to back his stance on how he manages the players and how the team plays... shouldnt that not be a given at a club anyway? Also if the board werent going to sack Sarri, which I agree on after the ending to the season, they should throw their weight behind him and convince him they want him to stay but they havent, theyve probably not even tried. Even during the dip, similarly like with Villas-Boas, the club had every chance to show they backed him or show some sort of indication they supported him publically but they didnt (and no not actually sacking him is hardly the true show of support I was talking about). These sacking rumours didnt go away and ultimately now Sarri will probably have the last laugh because he will likely go to Juventus, which right now is a better job at a much better run club where hes actually wanted and will be given full support. Theres been alarm bells for years but to let a manager go due to his request as he hasnt felt hes recieved the adequate backing and support throughout the season.... what sort of imagine does that paint to his successor? 

Poch is an ultimate bottler though. You can repeat that semis against Ajax ten times, and I would say 8 out of 10 Ajax would have win it and gone through. They are very, very lucky to be in the final. 

15 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

When have the fans ever protested here in the last 10 or 15 years other than when we appointed Rafa? So twice in a season is bad enough and considering it was quite daft and a by product of poor form too shows exactly where we are at. I doubt anyone cares about the online stuff but the studd you see some of these people go to the games and the booing and whatever else weve also heard this season is quite pathetic, particularly when Jorginho was bood.... Plus you were saying that the protests regarding CHO and RLC prompted him to play them to "save his job".... the alarm bells should be there, theyve been for a few seasons regardless but if someone like Sarri, a guy who we went through the ringer to appoint, doesnt want to be here because he hasnt got the necessary backing or whatever then what does that say about the club? This is a guy who has no interest in the transfer market as he said himself but again, he wants the club to back his stance on how he manages the players and how the team plays... shouldnt that not be a given at a club anyway? Also if the board werent going to sack Sarri, which I agree on after the ending to the season, they should throw their weight behind him and convince him they want him to stay but they havent, theyve probably not even tried. Even during the dip, similarly like with Villas-Boas, the club had every chance to show they backed him or show some sort of indication they supported him publically but they didnt (and no not actually sacking him is hardly the true show of support I was talking about). These sacking rumours didnt go away and ultimately now Sarri will probably have the last laugh because he will likely go to Juventus, which right now is a better job at a much better run club where hes actually wanted and will be given full support. Theres been alarm bells for years but to let a manager go due to his request as he hasnt felt hes recieved the adequate backing and support throughout the season.... what sort of imagine does that paint to his successor? 

How do you know the club didn't try to convince him to stay? We don't even know exactly what they discussed in the meeting on Friday.

I'm not saying the booing is great and all but it wasn't even constant and it happens elsewhere. You see managers stick with to their job and try prove the doubters wrong. Sarri could have done so but has chosen to quit. Also, let's not pretend this fans' protest thing is the MAIN reason he wants to leave. Wouldn't even be surprising if he wants to jump ship because of the transfer ban and the attraction of managing Juventus is better than managing us.

The club have also backed him in the way he wants to play. Signed Jorginho last summer for big money, Kovacic and then Higuain in January for him. 

What I do agree with you is the communication from the club and this is where I hope getting that Director of Football will help solve the issue. Would be helpful if someone from the club can actually let us know their thoughts on matters from time to time rather just be silent the whole time and let media agendas dominate the headlines surrounding the club.

Roman is so used to fire managers...Sarri asking to leave must be a huge blow for him.

At the end or the day Sarri going back to Italy is an onbvious choice. He is respected there, and lets be honest: right now Juventus has a better chance of winning things than us.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Gab Marcotti mentioned on ESPN that Juventus actually also have eyes on Pochettino. Will be harder to get him due to the compensation (and Daniel Levy!) but IF Spurs win the Champions League, wonder whether Pochettino will decide to quit...

marcotti is full of absolute shit though.  Knows fuck all

I think with stadium now done and having a year of no spend Spurs will give Poch a tidy kitty infact this summer.  He will still be there next year, because Spurs would ask for a  very large compo package i reckon.  

At this moment my money is on sarri... way more concrete news.   Guardiola stuff is absolute shite, he must be so pissed off denying it categorically that he will go juventus, and muppets on twitter still banging on about it

2 hours ago, Jason said:

How do you know the club didn't try to convince him to stay? We don't even know exactly what they discussed in the meeting on Friday.

I'm not saying the booing is great and all but it wasn't even constant and it happens elsewhere. You see managers stick with to their job and try prove the doubters wrong. Sarri could have done so but has chosen to quit. Also, let's not pretend this fans' protest thing is the MAIN reason he wants to leave. Wouldn't even be surprising if he wants to jump ship because of the transfer ban and the attraction of managing Juventus is better than managing us.

The club have also backed him in the way he wants to play. Signed Jorginho last summer for big money, Kovacic and then Higuain in January for him. 

What I do agree with you is the communication from the club and this is where I hope getting that Director of Football will help solve the issue. Would be helpful if someone from the club can actually let us know their thoughts on matters from time to time rather just be silent the whole time and let media agendas dominate the headlines surrounding the club.

He said a week ago he wanted to stay at Chelsea though. If the club really wanted him to stay and had made a sufficient effort, why has he asked to leave? Family reasons for me doesnt cut it, this is a smokescreen in my eyes. He wanted reassurances regarding support, he wouldnt be asking to leave if they had said theyd stand by him and made assurances. 

Fair enough Juventus are massive and wouldnt be surprised but its very weird for a manager to say one week before he wants to stay at Chelsea, in the PL, then to go and change his tune after winning a European trophy and finishing 3rd, isnt it (having only lost 2 games in the last 20 as well)? Even then its reported hes not even Juventus' first choice... they want him, true but they wanted Poch and Pep before.

Transfer ban or not, still, after saying that comments to change his mind a week after? Screams that the club havent tried hard enough or he remains unconvinced by what they said. Where as in comparison the club were stern with Hazard and Willian going in the summer. Says a lot when theyd put more effort into retaining Willian than trying to retain the manager. Just shows where we are at. 

The fan thing hasnt helped, its fair to say some dislike him and the booing Jorginho, him, his subs and chanting fuck Sarriball is proof along with the 2 protests. The whole fan discontent thing with Rafa prompted him to not even think about staying on after that interim spell as Jose was only confirmed to leave Real in April that season, Rafa came in around the end of November. So why stay and try prove yourself when your own team fans and the media have basically even after playing Ruben and Callum still slaughter you? It obviously has a bearing on the thinking and that coupled with what I think regarding the clubs effort to "convince" him to stay if we can call it that, surely any sane person would weigh that up.

Id still be surprised if Lampard, whos probably the bookies favorite, (who the majority seem to think will come in and play all the academy boys, which is naivety at its finest, change of manager is gonna give all these average players another chance) comes in and does any better without Hazard (if he does if he comes in, I will eat humble pie).

I honestly think we will have another similar season unless we improve the first 11 somehow, regardless of if its Sarri, Lampard, Allegri, Nuno... whoever in charge. 

Maurizio Sarri wants to bring two Chelsea players with him to Juventus

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/01/maurizio-sarri-wants-bring-two-chelsea-players-juventus-9771949/

Maurizio Sarri has earmarked two Chelsea players he would like to bring with him to Juventus once he is confirmed as Max Allegri’s successor. The 60-year-old is ready to walk away from Stamford Bridge after 10 tumultuous months at the helm during which he has fallen out with and isolated a number of players, been abused regularly by Chelsea fans and yet still achieved Champions League qualification and Europa League glory. Sarri is reported to have told Chelsea of his intentions to quit after Wednesday’s crushing 4-1 win over Arsenal in Baku and will succeed Allegri at Juventus, once the Serie A champions have agreed a compensation fee. Already the former Napoli coach, according to Tuttosport, has earmarked two Chelsea players he would like to bring with him to Turin in Gonzalo Higuain and Emerson Palmieri.

snip

22 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He said a week ago he wanted to stay at Chelsea though. If the club really wanted him to stay and had made a sufficient effort, why has he asked to leave? Family reasons for me doesnt cut it, this is a smokescreen in my eyes. He wanted reassurances regarding support, he wouldnt be asking to leave if they had said theyd stand by him and made assurances. 

Fair enough Juventus are massive and wouldnt be surprised but its very weird for a manager to say one week before he wants to stay at Chelsea, in the PL, then to go and change his tune after winning a European trophy and finishing 3rd, isnt it (having only lost 2 games in the last 20 as well)? Even then its reported hes not even Juventus' first choice... they want him, true but they wanted Poch and Pep before.

Transfer ban or not, still, after saying that comments to change his mind a week after? Screams that the club havent tried hard enough or he remains unconvinced by what they said. Where as in comparison the club were stern with Hazard and Willian going in the summer. Says a lot when theyd put more effort into retaining Willian than trying to retain the manager. Just shows where we are at. 

The fan thing hasnt helped, its fair to say some dislike him and the booing Jorginho, him, his subs and chanting fuck Sarriball is proof along with the 2 protests. The whole fan discontent thing with Rafa prompted him to not even think about staying on after that interim spell as Jose was only confirmed to leave Real in April that season, Rafa came in around the end of November. So why stay and try prove yourself when your own team fans and the media have basically even after playing Ruben and Callum still slaughter you? It obviously has a bearing on the thinking and that coupled with what I think regarding the clubs effort to "convince" him to stay if we can call it that, surely any sane person would weigh that up.

Yeah and he also said things that made him sound non-committed to staying. Managers, players etc don't always speak the truth in public. 

How do you know the club didn't make any assurances to him? You're basically just speculating and using it as some sort of truth. And what assurances do you even want? Public statement to quieten the fans? That would just be putting a band-aid till next season. As for signings, the club did back Sarri in the last two transfer windows, paying big money to sign the players that he want. So if we could sign players this summer, I'm sure the board would be doing the same again. But since we have transfer ban on, it's hard to guarantee anything for now, is it?

Rather than just piling everything on the board and/or the fans, maybe Sarri is just hell-bent on leaving when you look at the simple, different circumstances between us and Juventus. And this is a manager who hasn't stayed longer than 3 years at a club and at times, stayed only 1 year at a club in his career.

23 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Id still be surprised if Lampard, whos probably the bookies favorite, (who the majority seem to think will come in and play all the academy boys, which is naivety at its finest, change of manager is gonna give all these average players another chance) comes in and does any better without Hazard (if he does if he comes in, I will eat humble pie).

Do you really think the youth players won't be used if the transfer ban sticks? Our squad is hardly heavily stacked right now and if we are to do something decent in all four competitions, then the manager, whoever might that be, is gonna have to juggle the resources. Otherwise, he's just gonna create his own problems and problems for the team by running the senior players to the ground.

29 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I honestly think we will have another similar season unless we improve the first 11 somehow, regardless of if its Sarri, Lampard, Allegri, Nuno... whoever in charge. 

I don't think anyone is genuinely expecting us to challenge for the title next season, especially if we have the transfer ban.

26 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Even the managers want to leave us now? This has to be a new low for Chelsea then.

Guardiola left Bayern for Man City in 2016. Must have been a new low for them...