Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Sarri is gone. He'll be heading to Juventus immediately and will most likely be unveiled by Sunday, reports say. Juventus will also not have to pay a compensation fee and will get him for free.

Chelsea want to get rid. Clearly Sarri has had no reassurances over his future. 🤦‍♂️

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I'll never get that train of thought personally. You move somewhere for a challenge, only to run back within 12 months (don't want to hear about the fans impact, etc).

Oh well. The merry-go-round will continue.

In the days leading up to the final, he talked about loving to manage in the Premier League and how it's the best competition in the world. Hell, he apparently even said "I am starting to feel like this Chelsea team is mine" after winning the final. But one club comes in and he's ready to jump ship. Managing Juventus at this point is sure more appealing than managing us but as we have seen with other clubs that dominate their own league, it does come with high pressure and expectations - just ask Valverde, Kovac, Ancelotti (during his time at Bayern) and Tuchel. 

On a different note, it seems like the Napoli fans aren't already liking the fact that Sarri will be going to Juventus. Wonder what kind of reception he'll get there next season...

You Sarri in supporters really believe he is going cuz in 2 matches fans sang " you dont know what you are doing " Fuck Sarri ball #? Are you for real? If thats the case what does that tell about Sarri then? Some even say this is the most destructive thing to happen since RA took over and its all our fault. How is it the fans fault? The man didn't lift as much as a finger to endear or build some kind of relationship with the fans from he got the job until he left.

Dedicating the title to the Napoli-fans instead of even acknowledging the traveling supporters for example was very descriptive of the man.

He himself have made the choice to leave after he was so desperate to come here just 11 months ago. Weak move and i question his commitment to the cause when you jump ship for the first new and shiny opportunity you get. That's just ridiculous. If some unpleasant chanting is enough to make a manager want to quit, perhaps he was never the right man for the job in the first place. It was clear that he found the Chelsea job very difficult to handle and on many occasions the pressure got to him. Now when the transfer ban is looming and Juve came calling, he's ready to jump ship, and apparently it's ungrateful Chelsea fans, that are to blame.

Personally, if Sarri is indeed the one who asked to leave and not the othe way around, I see it as a sign of weakness, and in a long run both parties will be better off without each other. Truly an odd man.

1: He knows it will only get harder next season with the ban and no Eden.

2: He knows EPL is too much for him and simply not his level with his stubborn tactics or lack off.

3: Juve came calling, he misses Italy and he knows full well his style is much more suited to serie A, Theres no edge, not competitive and much slower with more space to utilize his style.

I don’t mind Sarri going, it’s felt like a real struggle this year and the football has been awful. 

If we dont get any Coms for him, well its the Chels board, cant expect much better.

- No Eden Hazard 

- Transfer ban incoming

- Willian, Pedro, Pulisic and CHO (coming of a six month injury break) as your wingers. 

- Two average left backs and 2nd to 3rd tier centre backs. 

- Add to all this two world class competitors in Man City and Liverpool. 

Compared to:

- Cristiano Ronaldo in your squad

- Serie A winner come next May

- CL contenders

- Squad investments

- Managing in your own country. 

Easy to see why Sarri would be the one pushing for the move - and I believe he truly is the one pushing for it, not Chelsea. As a matter of fact I 100% believe the club would not have even thought about a new manager if Sarri would not have asked to leave. 

Some say the 3rd place would not have been possible w/o Arsenal's capitulation in the last months, or United's bad performances, but who cares how we finished 3rd? In the end Sarri finished third, won a European trophy and in my view Chelsea was better than City in that League Cup final. 

For me he managed a very good season given all the circumstances and the squad he had at his disposal. Think Chelsea really improved under him in terms of passing game, build from the back etc. Only thing that was bad this season was the play in the final third were Chelsea look bad. Maybe this was going to change in Sarri's 2nd season? Maybe yes, maybe no. We will never know though. 

I like him as a manager and thank him for what he did here. A shame he could not emulate the Napoli squad atmosphere here as well. Happy though Chelsea is the one he will always remember as the club he won his first trophy with. 

He could have made things happen for us. Possibly.

Every other sign he showed throughout the season was not positive. His substituations, refusal to play certain players. Failing to make us play good football. Our football was atrocious imho.

Yet, even with bad spells where chanting happened ,those were after humiliating defeats and inept performances. We were still ready to give him a chance and gamble. 

Let him go. We need a more positive happy coach at Chelsea. Being the kind of club that we are, the atmosphere is very important and he often acted out and didn't make it better .

Good bye. Not as great a loss as knee jerkers are making it out to be. They tend to forget the performances and remember only the results. We were lucky for top 4. Europa league is well, Europa league .

I was the one to criticise him too quite heavily, but critique is to see improvement, not to see him leave.

He was flawed, but IMO its a mistake to let him go now. He knows the team better than any other manager. We wont be able to bring many players if any and we lost our best player. 

I just hope we dont revert to playing hoof park the bus football. Not because I didnt like that style, but because its not working anymore.

Who is going to take over? Lamps with almost none experience? Allegri? He is boring and predictable. The likes of Poch are never coming here so why sack Sarri? Id give him one more year to see improvement or let him go then.

The board made so many mistakes, its hard to trust them to make a right decision here.

3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

You Sarri in supporters really believe he is going cuz in 2 matches fans sang " you dont know what you are doing " Fuck Sarri ball #? Are you for real?

They must be thinking Juve fans are very patient and never protest.

This is the club he is going.

When Allegri was appointed : The car carrying Allegri and Agnelli to the training ground for their opening Press conference was attacked by fans, who kicked and spat at the vehicle during their furious protests.

After Ajax game: “I was just thinking, imagine if I hadn’t brought in a few trophies,” said Allegri in his Press conference last week.

“They’d have burned me at the stake!”

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think this is massive alarm bells for any manager coming in in the future. Who would want to come into a club where the fans and various media outlets have slaughtered a manaeger despite successfully getting third place and getting to 2 cup finals? People wanted a different style after Conte we got that, now there was a blip mid season but it sorted itself out and we finished strongly. The whole family reasons is a smoke screen for me, why would anybody stay where they clearly arent wanted? Juve really want him.... Marina clearly doesnt seem that fussed either so that shows the mentality of the club at the minute and what they actually think of Sarri. So yeah 100% if it were me or another sane person, theyd be off. He was very clear if his future was hinged on the Europa League final result they should sack him as it would be better for him to go.

Actually quite annoyed hes going to leave, he needed time to continue working on our team (like whoever will take over after), hes made big steps in terms of changing the teams playing style and he deserves more time after how the season finished to get us to where he wanted us to be but I do see why he wants to go as well. Think a portion of fans and the media need to have a long long hard look at themselves. Embarrassment to the club and themselves. The club has also got to reevaluate thing upstairs. 

Good luck to him in the future and hopefully he can start winning more trophies along with implementing his style wherever he goes. That was his one criticism he hasnt won anything but now he has so lets see if he can continue to do so to enhance his reputation.

That's it. Anyone with a long term plan wouldn't touch us unless money orientated. What's the point. Get a season and gone. Just see it as a stop gap. 

Shame time however he may not be able to add to the squad way he wants to. Stuck with the same ole players and that's not ideal for anyone so could see why he'd wanna go. He didn't cause this mess so shouldn't feel the need to stick around to deal with it