Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

United have thrown shit tons of money in recent years but where has that gotten them? Arsenal have clinical strikers but what did they achieve this past season?

Give those resources to an experienced manager and I'm not sure how much better he'll do either. 

Worth remembering that Spurs went through 2018/19 without signing a single player and practically relied on 11-13 players all season and yet somehow finished in the Top 4 and got to the Champions League final. Not saying we will achieve both of those but things may not all be that bad if everyone actually put their shift in to achieve a positive season.

Spurs also had to make do without their best striker and 'talisman' for a couple of significant stretches through the season.

I would be amazed, unless a team jumped out the pack and just had a great season, if we still didn't finish top 6 next year regardless.

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Spurs also had to make do without their best striker and 'talisman' for a couple of significant stretches through the season.

I would be amazed, unless a team jumped out the pack and just had a great season, if we still didn't finish top 6 next year regardless.

Or if one of those clubs suddenly buy 2-3 really big name players. Otherwise, hard to see any of them have the consistency all season. Bar Man City, no one has been consistent in the last two seasons.

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'm not totally against the idea, but it makes you wonder why he wasn't appointed last year (should he get appointed).

He didn't exactly gain much being at Derby for a year.

Probably thought things could work with Sarri for 2-3 years before going for Lampard.

Probably thought things could work with Sarri for 2-3 years before going for Lampard.
What's changed?

The board/Roman don't even seem to be putting up a fight. Sarri homesick now?

Just now, LAM09 said:

What's changed?

The board/Roman don't even seem to be putting up a fight. Sarri homesick now?

The transfer ban?

Maybe they did try to convince him - we don't even know what exactly they discussed in the meeting - but as some have said, from his perspective, managing Juventus - with the resources that they have - is more appealing than managing us.

(p.s this isn't the first time in Sarri's career that he's at a club for only one season)

The transfer ban?
Maybe they did try to convince him - we don't even know what exactly they discussed in the meeting - but as some have said, from his perspective, managing Juventus - with the resources that they have - is more appealing than managing us.
(p.s this isn't the first time in Sarri's career that he's at a club for only one season)
We are all in the dark about the ban or an appeal, so I guess things might become clearer in the next few weeks.

However, if CAS do postpone the ban, this decision becomes farcical.

Just now, LAM09 said:

We are all in the dark about the ban or an appeal, so I guess things might become clearer in the next few weeks.

However, if CAS do postpone the ban, this decision becomes farcical.

Maybe Sarri is just hell-bent on leaving? 

Maybe Sarri is just hell-bent on leaving? 

That could well be the case. It's just odd that these Juve rumours supposedly came out of nowhere & now, he's effectively gone.

Just seems rather odd to me

They cannot postpone what we have not appealed

The club had until Wednesday to appeal. They aren't going to take away an gloss from winning a trophy, so I'm sure some sort of statement will be announced next week.

Just now, LAM09 said:

That could well be the case. It's just odd that these Juve rumours supposedly came out of nowhere & now, he's effectively gone.

Just seems rather odd to me

Based on what has reported, it does feel like Sarri is the one pushing for the move and we haven't been one to prevent someone from leaving the club. Otherwise, I don't think we would have sacked him/let him go.

Based on what has reported, it does feel like Sarri is the one pushing for the move and we haven't been one to prevent someone from leaving the club. Otherwise, I don't think we would have sacked him/let him go.
I'll never get that train of thought personally. You move somewhere for a challenge, only to run back within 12 months (don't want to hear about the fans impact, etc).

Oh well. The merry-go-round will continue.

In an ideal world he would stay another season or two and Lampard would come in afterwards but if Sarri does not want to be here its pointless trying to keep him. Easy to criticise the board and say put up more of a fight to keep him but they'll have fresh in their minds last season dealing with Conte not wanting to be here for the whole year.

I do think the club and board have softened in recent years over managers and if the right one was in place there would be a bit more stability.

Mourinho was kept on as long as humanly possible and Conte effectively spat his dummy out and fell out with the board, and now Sarri wants to go. Also it should be noted that Sarri and Conte both had dreadful periods where the papers suggested they were as good as gone (Conte even had this in his first season after the Arsenal loss), and periods where managers of past haven't survived, but the club stuck it out with them. I think for the right man and a good, working relationship with the board an appointment could be made with a bit more of a longer term approach and patience.

I am confused why anyone want lamp to be our manager. If he has proven himself and transform derby into a monster team that dominate championship, I will 100% behind him.

Btw what the hell is Chelsea way? 

It is the same as united keep talking about united way. I cannot stop laughing. SAF is a winner but he is not an attacking manager, he is actually quite pragmatic. Mourinho is probably the most similar manager to SAF. 

Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has agreed to become Juventus' new head coach and has asked Chelsea to release him from his contract. (Goal)

Sarri informed Marina Granovskaia of his decision in a meeting on Friday and the Blues director promised to discuss his future with club owner Roman Abramovich. (Sky Italy - in Italian)

Chelsea are awaiting a formal approach from the Italian champions, who will have to buy out the final year of the Italian's £5m-a-season contract. (Guardian)