test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,554 posts in this topic

I'm just trying to picture in my mind us going to an away ground next season with Lampard and Morris at the helm, needing a big 3 points and getting it, them both wheeling over to the away fans fist pumping and the away fans going nuts.

I'm fucking apprehensive of FL and JM possibly coming in but another part of me says "fuck it" proper Chels.

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Your words I'm telling you right now and then you say something might have happened which of course didn't. I don't need glasses mate you should try and rein in the total bollocks and constant moaning.

"I'm telling you right now" doesn't mean I'm stating it as a fact.  Stop trying to make it seem so.

You love to twist my words as you do it constantly. It's boring. Moaning about what? That I don't want Lampard, after giving valid reasons? Get out of here.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I'm just trying to picture in my mind us going to an away ground next season with Lampard and Morris at the helm, needing a big 3 points and getting it, them both wheeling over to the away fans fist pumping and the away fans going nuts.

I'm fucking apprehensive of FL and JM possibly coming in but another part of me says "fuck it" proper Chels.

I just fear they don't yet have the tactical nous to out coach or even match the world class managers he'd be facing.

Frank will have 100% support and backing from the fans and club, but is he the right man to manage Chelsea now? The top of the PL is tougher and more competitive than ever before. Is appointing a rookie PL coach with mere months on his resume wise when probably the top 3 best coaches in world football are managing our rivals?

Much more experienced and proven managers have tried and failed. It's just a colossal gamble that I don't think we should take.

DDA, manpe and OneMoSalah like this

19 hours ago, Jason said:

No, Sarri didn't come weeks into the season and this notion that he didn't have the whole pre-season is completely BS, by the way. Our pre-season started on July 9 last summer and he came in on July 14 and there was barely much coaching done in that week anyway with the returning players doing fitness work. The only thing that counted against him is that there was the World Cup and players were returning at different times and maybe that he didn't have time before that to plan things properly. Otherwise, he pretty much had the entire pre-season to work with whatever players he had then.

Didn't speak the language? He already knew English from his days as a banker. And as Iggy mentioned, taking over a team that finished 5th is hardly starting at the deep end. Remember Conte taking over a side that finished 10th?

Also, not sure if many realized but we finished this season with just 72 points (only 2 more than last season) - that tally wouldn't have seen us finish in the Top 4 last season, which says something about the standards of other teams dropping - and we ended up with 63 goals scored and 39 conceded, which is 1 more than we scored and conceded in Conte's final season. And people have been acting like this season has been WOW or something...

You are as good as what is in front of you, with the return of Morata 5, Higuain 5 and Giroud 2 it was a miracle we came 3rd but winning Europa and Carobo finals confirm it wasn't a fluke.

Supermonkey92 likes this

Two things come to mind when people even suggest Lampard to come in:

1. Does Frank even WANT to manage Chelsea so soon?

2. There are still former teammates of Lampard in the dressing room. How would that affect dressing room dynamics if he decides to chop/change the starting 11.

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Two things come to mind when people even suggest Lampard to come in:

1. Does Frank even WANT to manage Chelsea so soon?

There's absolutely zero chance he will stay at Derby if offered the job, no way would he turn it down.

DDA and communicate like this

17 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He just signed a new contract extension last November. He might be on the consideration list but is likely to be low on the list.

10 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

2. There are still former teammates of Lampard in the dressing room. How would that affect dressing room dynamics if he decides to chop/change the starting 11.

Correct me if I'm wrong but think that's only Luiz, Azpi and Willian. Don't think they're gonna kick up a fuss, but if they do, boot them!

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but think that's only Luiz, Azpi and Willian. Don't think they're gonna kick up a fuss, but if they do, boot them!

David Luiz and Azpi will likely be captain and vice captain next season and both are very professional and always seem good with the younger members of the squad, etc. I don't see any problems with them whatsoever.

Willian had the spat with Conte but besides this he's seemed professional too and whether we like it or not, he'll have to assume responsibility next season as one of our main attacking outlets when Hazard leaves, and with CHO injured and Pulisic likely needing some adjustment time.

I don't see this as a problem. If anything if Lampard came in, he would probably lean on them for a bit of experience and knowing what some of the old characters in the squad were like.

16 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Think we might get some news this week either way

We're Chelsea. It will be in the next 48 hours.

Bring Lampard in is simply almost the same thing as Ole. Oh well, bring him in and he'll be gone next summer. Don't have faith that he can win a trophy or get top 4 with this squad.

"But..but look at Pep/Zidane/other Real legends (that got sacked!)" They have/had world-class players that these rookies can sort of get away with it. Bar Kante, we don't have any here. Marina also sucks at getting in players and we have a transfer ban.

If Lamps comes to Chelsea right now (especially when the ban is in effect), he's asking for trouble.

I know I (we) wanted to see more youth on the pitch and Lampard will look in to that, but you need some trustworthy, class experienced players that commands them to grow.

Look at Virgil Van Dijk and how he commands his defense, with the youths of Alexander-Arnold and Robertson. VVD most of the time bails them out when they make a mistake and shouts at them on what they did wrong. We don't have anybody like this (we used to with Terry).

We also need someone in attacking positions who knows what they are doing and not constantly missing chances.

This isn't the right time for Lampard to come. It's a huge mess for him to overcome.

The main problem with Lampard is Chelsea boars and fans. 

Even if he has potential to make us a very formidable side, he will never have the time to do it, because we all demand instant success. Sure some will say thats not true, but as soon we have couple bad games, people start bitching here and call for every player from established ones to Odoi to be dropped.

We all want chelsea youth to play as much as possible, but only if they deliver results. The moment they lose a couple, it wont matter if Lamps throws entire youth team on the pitch, people will call for his head.

We dont have the spine to support a manager with long term project. Thats the problem with the board and the fans. 

Not all fans though, but most.

Thats why it would be almost suicidal to bring Lamps. Because unless he delivers very good first season, he is done. If there is no trophy and we finish 6th which is likely, he is gone.

kellzfresh, manpe and Fernando like this

I don't even want instant success. Top 4 is good enough for me. However, Lampard with this squad wouldn't do it.

We need some class players around the pitch who knows what they are doing before we can bring Lampard in. Even someone like Maguire can improve our squad.