Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

David Luiz urges Chelsea to reject Juventus’ move for Maurizio Sarri after Europa League final victory

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/30/david-luiz-urges-chelsea-reject-juventus-move-maurizio-sarri-europa-league-final-victory-9752096/

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Tbh I don't think it's the fact he's critisised or even wanted out by some sections of the crowd that irks him, I think it's the way people go about it. Some of the culprits (cough*Rory Jennings*cough) justify it by saying it's because he doesn't connect with the fanbase, ok then what's the excuse for subjecting Jorginho to similar treatment when he's tried connecting with the fans to the point he put his mother in with us during games at the start? And you just know the same thing will happen to Pulisic next season (he's raw as anything right now and I'll be amazed if he hits the ground running), it's slowly starting already before he's even kicked a ball for us.

You're talking about the online abuse or abuse in the stadium itself? Both kinds are the worst, especially those idiots on Twitter.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

To not do so and then dedicating the win to the Napoli fans instead is just taking the piss.

I just saw this!

WTF

:rant:

Just when I was trying to develop some goodwill in my heart for the top 3 and the EL trophy too.

SMDH

Maurizio Sarri says he will speak to Chelsea about his future after leading them to the Europa League and thinks he "deserves" to stay with the club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48454836#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

You're talking about the online abuse or abuse in the stadium itself? Both kinds are the worst, especially those idiots on Twitter.

If you're referring to the Sarri/Jorginho situation then both.

For Christian it's (obviously) just online/socially right now but he's already getting slated whenever another club sign an (at this minute) better player for similar money. If he doesn't hit the ground running the crowd are going to murder him partly because they can and partly because they will get into their heads he should be replacing Hazard's output immediately as he took his place in the squad timing wise (should the ban stick), if CHO refuses to resign I can see it getting even worse, they will relate him coming in to Callum leaving even though it has next to nothing to do with him.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Tbh I don't think it's the fact he's critisised or even wanted out by some sections of the crowd that irks him, I think it's the way people go about it. Some of the culprits (cough*Rory Jennings*cough) justify it by saying it's because he doesn't connect with the fanbase, ok then what's the excuse for subjecting Jorginho to similar treatment when he's tried connecting with the fans to the point he put his mother in with us during games at the start? And you just know the same thing will happen to Pulisic next season (he's raw as anything right now and I'll be amazed if he hits the ground running), it's slowly starting already before he's even kicked a ball for us.

It's my primary concern with keeping him. This Europa win may build up a little goodwill for him but a part of me feels the damage has already been done this season and I worry that he is one bad performance away from the fans on his back again. The atmosphere at times was toxic this season and it's not an ideal situation for anyone involved.

Ideally he could really do with a transfer window to bring in 3 or 4 players to help reshape this squad because I do think there's a good core here and with a couple of really high quality additions the potential is there to kick on again next year.

2 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

you cant deny him another season no, but part of me thinks he might want the Juventus gig, too

He just said he deserves to stay here and wants to be here for the duration of his contract. 

Can only hope that's the case where then Lampard, who hopefully will be ready, takes over. 

34 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Precisely. 

Also Sarri's constant criticism has been he hasnt won anything, but as you said we humiliated Arsenal second half in a Europa League final, playing excellently. He also said in an interview he has to win more trophies now so they dont just say hes won one.

I hope he stays for another season at least and can get the team playing more consistent and get another trophy or two, I mean we got to the Carabao Cup final as well this season so why cant we get there again next year or to the FA cup final? As well as a stronger top 4 finish as we wont challenge for the league and having a strong CL run? He deserves every chance to do it.

I agree with this.  The only thing working against this is if the transfer ban stays in effect this summer.  I think he can improve the squad by bringing in some players we had on loan this season but I don't think that will be enough to improve the results much beyond this past season.