Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

I think after next season he need to go. Too much animosity from the fans. It is better for both parties. 

We need to go back and hire somebody like simeone, it will suit everyone better. We will have instant success because we are back to our old identity. 

3 hours ago, communicate said:

I think after next season he need to go. Too much animosity from the fans. It is better for both parties. 

We need to go back and hire somebody like simeone, it will suit everyone better. We will have instant success because we are back to our old identity. 

Fuck the old identity. I want to play like City and Liverpool. Parking the bus is boring as fuck.

11 hours ago, Robchels said:

Achilles lesion does not require trauma. It’s usually caused by overextension and overuse.

CHO didn't play for months in this season,  RLC too. 

there are different types of trauma, they didn't get injured from the bed 

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Because Sarri and his staff are the ones who manage the players? You can argue that CHO’s and RLC’s injuries were down to bad luck but there’s no bad luck with Kante’s hamstring injury (Sarri admitted that he shouldn’t have played him when he got the injury) and Rudiger’s knee injury, when he was seemingly rushed back early. Furthermore, we very rarely get these many serious injuries to our players before this season but now, we have 4 important players out injured.

injuries like these happen, especially if the players are playing without any pause from two years (due to the world cup) 

liverpool: salah, firmino, henderson, keita

tottenham: kane, verthongen, winks, rose 

inter played against frankfurt with two youngsters because of the injuries 

and the list could continue

5 hours ago, DDA said:

Fuck the old identity. I want to play like City and Liverpool. Parking the bus is boring as fuck.

Nahh it is what most fans want. I guarantee most fans prefer the way we play under Conte. We were very defensive even when we won the league. It has always been the case for Chelsea. 

I think most Chelsea fans really envy the way pool play. Front footed, high pressing. It doesn't take a genius to understand what will happen to us playing that way. We will concede tons of goals. 

Ps :It looks like allegri is leaving juve. He is certainly an option for us. 

Lets sign a coach that was a sacked because he failed to achieve the goal. 

Id much rather stick with Sarri or get a promising manager from Ajax, Pochettino,...

Also big no on Simeone. They guy is past time, as is Mourinho.

10 hours ago, communicate said:

I would love Simone....you will see instant impact. He is Chels matarial, he will understand Chelsea.

7 hours ago, DDA said:

Fuck the old identity...really? Its what made us so feard, its what gave us so many trophies, so many memories. Everyone were scared of us. The fans love that way of playing. Lets not go op with it, its not like we defended and defended for our lives every damn game........we were just solid as a unit when needed. Direct fast footy......give me that anyday over this endless tippy tappy bs....imo.

“Sarri wont talk to another team whilst he’s focused on the Europa League final. Maybe after the final he might”.

- Alfredo Pedulla

Maurizio Sarri is close to saying ‘yes’ to joining AC Milan.

- @Sport_Mediaset

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Lets sign a coach that was a sacked because he failed to achieve the goal. 

Id much rather stick with Sarri or get a promising manager from Ajax, Pochettino,...

Also big no on Simeone. They guy is past time, as is Mourinho.

He is nowjere near past his best. Look at his team, its a far cry from past seasons. They at least look organized, have tactics in place, and give all for him. Simone would suit us and EPL imo.

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

He is nowjere near past his best. Look at his team, its a far cry from past seasons. They at least look organized, have tactics in place, and give all for him. Simone would suit us and EPL imo.

Simeone might do well for a season or two here aka Conte, but then the problems would reappear and we are back to square one except like always with even lower standards. 

He is defensive oriented manager. All 8 teams in european semis have played attacking football which is the absolute way to go. Simeone did decent, but his style is a thing of the past as is tiki taka. 

Its time for attacking, pressing and direct football.

I loved Chelsea park the bus era, but IMO that would never work as good today as it did back then. We need to go with modern time and stick with attacking football. Be it under Sarri or someone else. 

3 minutes ago, whats happening said:

did anyone here who wants allegri watched juventus in this years cl? they were abysmal with that kind of squad.

he would be crucified here if he left a player like dybala on the bench for the most important games

No manager is perfect man.....no manager will deliver season after season. That Juve squad isnt all that anymore imo......they did well the past seasons though, very well.

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Simeone might do well for a season or two here aka Conte, but then the problems would reappear and we are back to square one except like always with even lower standards. 

He is defensive oriented manager. All 8 teams in european semis have played attacking football which is the absolute way to go. Simeone did decent, but his style is a thing of the past as is tiki taka. 

Its time for attacking, pressing and direct football.

I loved Chelsea park the bus era, but IMO that would never work as good today as it did back then. We need to go with modern time and stick with attacking football. Be it under Sarri or someone else. 

You can be defensive and still be fast and direct, his AM has shown it countless times. You can easily mix the 2 if the right manager is in. His best AM sides were very identical to some of ours. He would get Chels, and thats a huge start for me.

Another issie I have with Sarri is his lack of getting stuck. We saw with Lamps the other night celebrating in front of the away fans, hugging all the players and generally being a leader of the celebrations. That kind of passion and encouragement gets the fans on side, and would make the players more likely want to run through walls for the team/ manager.

I am not for one minute saying that this attribute makes Lamps a better manager than Sarri, but how many times have we seen Sarri hug a player after a game, or even go over and clap the away fans?

Obviously there is a lot more to management than just showing a bit of passion, but it obviously helps.

When Conte first came we scored a last minute winner in his first game, and he dived into the crowd to celebrate. It's little things like that that help get the fans onside.

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

You can be defensive and still be fast and direct, his AM has shown it countless times. You can easily mix the 2 if the right manager is in. His best AM sides were very identical to some of ours. He would get Chels, and thats a huge start for me.

Luis, Godin, Lucas, Griezmann, Rodri, Juanfran, Partey at the very least all want to leave. 

Maybe its down to Simeone tactics. You can give all to the style he plays for 2, 3 years but then you want a change. 

I dont want another Conte/Mourinho and then go back to square 1, changing half the team, style etc.

Simeone would be good short term solution with his organisation and passion, but soon it would back fire. We need a manager that will support attacking football and grow young players. Sarri did ok, albeit nowhere near perfectly. But he made RLC and Odoi first 11 players which is enough for now. We suck right now and will probably for another year, but then we might actualy have strong young team with players that give a shit for the next 5, 10 years. The club priority should be to continue attacking, pressing football and give youth a serious chance because we actualy have a couple outstanding kids like Odoi, RLC, Mount, Reece, even Tomori, Zouma, Abraham. 

If it wasnt for the injuries, Id celebrate this season like we won a title because after 15+ years we finaly got two youth products being good enough to play in first 11 that could stick here for long time.

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Luis, Godin, Lucas, Griezmann, Rodri, Juanfran, Partey at the very least all want to leave. 

Maybe its down to Simeone tactics. You can give all to the style he plays for 2, 3 years but then you want a change. 

I dont want another Conte/Mourinho and then go back to square 1, changing half the team, style etc.

Simeone would be good short term solution with his organisation and passion, but soon it would back fire. We need a manager that will support attacking football and grow young players. Sarri did ok, albeit nowhere near perfectly. But he made RLC and Odoi first 11 players which is enough for now. We suck right now and will probably for another year, but then we might actualy have strong young team with players that give a shit for the next 5, 10 years. The club priority should be to continue attacking, pressing football and give youth a serious chance because we actualy have a couple outstanding kids like Odoi, RLC, Mount, Reece, even Tomori, Zouma, Abraham. 

If it wasnt for the injuries, Id celebrate this season like we won a title because after 15+ years we finaly got two youth products being good enough to play in first 11 that could stick here for long time.

I just cant see it mate.....Sarri has had plenty of times to show something, he didnt. I rather 3 seasons with the likes of Simone than 3 seasons under Sarri, but hey thats just me. It has nothing to do with his tactics, they will die for him on the field, sometimes the time is either up or you have grown old in footy terms, or just want to try your luck at another club. And if the setup is good, Theres no reason we will land back to Square 1, back the right manager and it will pay its own due....but our club has no such setup, we would rather hariikirii.

26 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I personally don't know whether Sarri is the best man but I do like Sarri. I don't know who is available  that is better for us to transition to a more front footed approach. 

Defensively we are absolutely atrocious. Jorginho as lone holder is a nightmare. It is funny if not because of last season where kante was very poor as dm, I will suggest playing kante there but teams were letting him have all the ball and his passing was too conservative. 

Offensively we are a mess.

Both of our fb are just bad offensively. Our striker is bad but fixing our fb is imo more important. 

Kante has done well as rcm but he is not really a natural in that role. I did not watch our game vs Frankfurt or Leicester. Did we play better offensively without kante? I always want to know this, because on paper it make sense.

The best part this season for me is our build up. It is so much better especially against press. 

Hopefully I am wrong but I don't think we will get significantly better next season unless we get plenty of good player in our team.