Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Just now, Yeboii said:

How on earth can the journos even think that Sarri is in danger of losing his job. I get it that he was under pressure 3-4 months ago, but we have been doing well and improving. He got the result the club wanted and we are in the EL final as well!

I read that Roman did not like that Sarri criticised our USA tour and Roman apparantly wanted to promote Chelsea in USA, so that is why Roman does want him to leave

56 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

No. They can't.

It's been 6 years and 4 managers couldn't get Willian to hit 10 league goals a season. 

Pedro will be 32 in July

Giroud and Higuain are not consistent strikers. 

I can't see how any manager can get the best out of them, when in reality they just arn't good enough. You're only supporting argument for Lampard, is that "he will demand respect and they will show more hunger and passion." 

Laughable. 

Ohh get of it...of course they can show more passion if motivated enough. I didnt say they will become more talented out of the blue. And I know our team aint the best and can easily be improved upon, but so can the current players when it comes to desire . Whats laugable is our footy game in game out.

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I read that Roman did not like that Sarri criticised our USA tour and Roman apparantly wanted to promote Chelsea in USA, so that is why Roman does want him to leave

No way its legit.....that would be beyond pathetic to fire him beacuse of that, especially when much better reasons can be used instead.

8 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

How on earth can the journos even think that Sarri is in danger of losing his job. I get it that he was under pressure 3-4 months ago, but we have been doing well and improving. He got the result the club wanted and we are in the EL final as well!

YEs we have our target etc.....but its been anything but convincing. Bare the first 10 games, its been torrid. I think alot will depend upon how we game in the final.

11 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

If that is the case we need a new owner tbh, with full respect to Roman. The manager should only think about how to get the best results on the field. Not on what cause there is to help out with. Even Sarri said that he supported the cause "as a man", but "as a coach" he didn't like the timing.

7 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

YEs we have our target etc.....but its been anything but convincing. Bare the first 10 games, its been torrid. I think alot will depend upon how we game in the final.

Convincing or not, he still got us third and made us play some really good football at times along the way. If someone brings the wanted results a boss has no right to question how. He is introducing the tactics the club wanted him to introduce while also exceeding his expectation. Because match going fans said "fuck Sarriball" for three matches we have to fire him?

Even if we lose the final I would keep Sarri if I was in charge because I can see how beneficial having him for the long run would be. He has been making our players better and you can see the football improving gradually.

I don't believe this rumours. First we fired Conte who overachieved with this squad and now we want to sack another manager who overachieve with this team? Manager is least of our problems. If we have transfer window and buy 4,5 top players Sarri will attack title next season no doubt. Imagine City fired Pep after first season? Crazy to even think about it. I mean I know Lampard is going to be our next manager after Sarri but not now. 

22 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

If that is the case we need a new owner tbh, with full respect to Roman. The manager should only think about how to get the best results on the field. Not on what cause there is to help out with. Even Sarri said that he supported the cause "as a man", but "as a coach" he didn't like the timing.

Convincing or not, he still got us third and made us play some really good football at times along the way. If someone brings the wanted results a boss has no right to question how. He is introducing the tactics the club wanted him to introduce while also exceeding his expectation. Because match going fans said "fuck Sarriball" for three matches we have to fire him?

Even if we lose the final I would keep Sarri if I was in charge because I can see how beneficial having him for the long run would be. He has been making our players better and you can see the football improving gradually.

He has made our players better? Name 1, and dont say RLC. Our footy has been horrible, just without ideas and rythem. I cant see how its beneficial,I would love for it to be so but I see no Progress, no tactical changes, no game management. Why will it suddenly change? Sarri will live or die by his tactics. Theres no middle ground, no surprise for the opponent etc. If he gets a second season so be it, and I will happily admit I was wrong if we do good, I just cant see it happening sadly.

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I don't believe this rumours. First we fired Conte who overachieved with this squad and now we want to sack another manager who overachieve with this team? Manager is least of our problems. If we have transfer window and buy 4,5 top players Sarri will attack title next season no doubt. Imagine City fired Pep after first season? Crazy to even think about it. 

Pep is a winner, has a pedigree, won bucket loads and get to buy whomever he wants.......Sarri is none of that. Even in his first season you could clearly see progress at City, he understood EPL, he identyfied their weakness and bought accordingly. Just not comparable.

Please people, take every Chelsea 'story' with a very large sack of salt.

The stories are invariably written by 'red' ''journalists'' when you Google and see their twattter account. They just want to undermine us.

Lampard in? For how long 1 season when he cant get a decent finish with the shite that the board has accumulated in the last however many transfer windows? When will people see regardless of manager, a squad containing the likes of Morata, Bakayoko, Willian, Alonso, Luiz, Giroud, Drinkwater, Moses, Zappacosta, Barkley, Kovacic (Ive included who may or may not be here due to transfer ban and a change of coach could give them another chance so to speak)... simply arent that good to compete against the likes of City and Liverpool at the top end of the table which is where the club undoubtedly wants to be. 

If Sarri goes, we need a top top manager to come in and stop the rot. Not someone whos only managed one season (please nobody state Pep Guardiola never had more than one season before he was at Barca the guy is up there with Sir Alex as arguably the best managaer in history and probably the defining one in modern history). It would be even more riskier than Sarri, Di Matteo, Villas-Boas or whoever. The club needs to be sorted behind the scenes, throwing a guy with one seasons experience into the job, into a transfer banned team that either needs new signings or massive coaching improvements would be madness. I think people are being too sentimental to think Lampard is one, ready for the job and two, the right man for it. There is maybe a huge appeal maybe because he is playing loanee players from us in Tomori and Mount but again, Derby is Derby, in the championship.... and even then if were ever going to appoint a manager from the championship, Marcelo Bielsa is surely the only realistic one? Leeds would never let it happen but imagine what he could do with this group of players, even if they arent all great. His coaching at Leeds the difference is day and night to how theyve been in previous seasons. Fair enough Derby might win yet and go up which for Frank would be a good start for his managerial career but it doesnt mean he's ready in any capacity for us.

15 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

I know it's almost definitely doomed but I'd happily have Frank in

Just look at the shit United are in with Ole' Lamps is not good enough yet for us. We need to stick to Sarri and fix our other bigger problems. 

Lamps is not ready to coach us and he probably knows it himself. He really would be doomed to fail. Getting Lamps as coach now is like playing your best card in the first round. He will be our manager some day for sure. But not when he has not even built a football identity and the club is in turmoil. The two things he has over Sarri is that he is a football legend plus he is a club legend so he would command respect from the squad and all people around the club. So i would expect him to achieve more than Sarri but we are so behind, that would still equal to 0 titles and maybe 15 points behind 2nd place. Lamps is destined to win the CL with us so lets wait until we realistcally can expect to do so.

Honestly, I really would like to get rid of Sarri. Not because he has not delivered in the end. I think 26 points off the top of the league and league cup and EL cup final is about right with the squad we have. I don't buy the squad is shit BS. The squad is mediocre but still the tied  4th best squad in the league together with Arsenal and Tottenham so being a few points ahead of those is fine. It is more that ManUre extremely underachieved. 

Nuno espirito santo would be a better choice right now. Obviously I have always wanted Allegri bc he can deal with a washed up squad of over-age, ok-ish players and still get the best out of them

34 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I warming to the idea of a Lamps Terry combo -they would be shrewd, motivating double act

Surely you dont want our legends legacy to be ruined by this group of players incompetence. Look at what happened to Conte prior to taking our job every player ran through walls for him, even Pirlo wrote a chapter on him but after he was done with our lot he looked like a villian. Same as Mourinho. We need to fix the club first before even considering giving the job to them. Look at United and ole, his motivation only got him so far, ultimately bad practices catch up with you.