test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,528 posts in this topic
5 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

There are rumors that Allegri will be sacked. I think Abramovich is more likely to go for him than Lampard.

Please no more Italian managers...

Clockwork likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mana said:

That sounds a dream, but remember....

♫ Oleee's at the wheeeelll! Tell me how goooood does it feeeellll! ♫ *Ole drives them to the lake*

We don't want that with Lampard.

Lamps is an intelligent guy, seen and done it all in modern footy. He will do better than Ole. If the rumours are true I wouldnt mind it.......but would rather Allegri or Simone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, DDA said:

Replace Sarri with Lampard LOL

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this happened and if it does..... we will be fucked for years to come. It will once again delay a proper structure being built at the club. He is nowhere near ready to manage this club. I would laugh with tears of depresssion if that were to happen.

Having a connection with the club is a bonus. The starting point should always be competency. 

Some people almost take the opposite viewpoint. Particularly with this new generation of football fans. Mental isn't it? 

39 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Wouldn't wish such a poison chalice on one of our top legends

Imagine the scenes. Our greatest ever player being mercilessly criticised 6 months in because he can't make Willian (who averages 5 league goals a season), an ageing Pedro, and Giroud firing. 

No thanks. 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Having a connection with the club is a bonus. The starting point should always be competency. 

Some people almost take the opposite viewpoint. Particularly with this new generation of football fans. Mental isn't it? 

Imagine the scenes. Our greatest ever player being mercilessly criticised 6 months in because he can't make Willian (who averages 5 league goals a season), an ageing Pedro, and Giroud firing. 

No thanks. 

Most of these players can do better mate, can show more hunger and passion......if the manager can manage it. Saying I cant motivate these players is not a blessing.......Sarri shouldnt have said so imo. But I can see why some want a ready made manager, a Club of our size demands it. Lets see what happens in the final.......if we pull another Sarri Classic then I can see RA getting his war axe ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely, we are not that stupid?? Most of our problems Sarri inherited, and firing him is the easy way out. We need to fix other issues like appointing a DoF and recruiting better before we go for our 5th manager in 4 years. Smh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s be honest y’all, if RA was still ruthless Sarri would have been sacked back in January.

Lamps is an intelligent guy, seen and done it all in modern footy. He will do better than Ole. If the rumours are true I wouldnt mind it.......but would rather Allegri or Simone.

Ole still has better managerial experience than Lampard...
And Ole has managed two PL clubs including United, while Lamps....?
I want Lamps to manage us but not now. He is a rookie. I’d rather have Howe than Lampard now at the moment.


DDA and Atomiswave like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Please no more Italian managers...

You think they all make sarrious mistakes?

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mana said:

Let’s be honest y’all, if RA was still ruthless Sarri would have been sacked back in January.
 


Ole still has better managerial experience than Lampard...
And Ole has managed two PL clubs including United, while Lamps....?
I want Lamps to manage us but not now. He is a rookie. I’d rather have Howe than Lampard now at the moment.

 

Yeah thats fair my man, hard to disagree.......RA just aint the same.

Mana likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Surely, we are not that stupid?? Most of our problems Sarri inherited, and firing him is the easy way out. We need to fix other issues like appointing a DoF and recruiting better before we go for our 5th manager in 4 years. Smh. 

No doubt we must get in a potent DOF. We must start from up this time, but I wont hold my breath. At the same time I believe we can do alot better than Sarri has done this season......playing wise at least. If he gets to stay then he has a lot of areas to improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Most of these players can do better mate, can show more hunger and passion......if the manager can manage it. Saying I cant motivate these players is not a blessing.......Sarri shouldnt have said so imo. But I can see why some want a ready made manager, a Club of our size demands it. Lets see what happens in the final.......if we pull another Sarri Classic then I can see RA getting his war axe ready.

No. They can't.

It's been 6 years and 4 managers couldn't get Willian to hit 10 league goals a season. 

Pedro will be 32 in July

Giroud and Higuain are not consistent strikers. 

I can't see how any manager can get the best out of them, when in reality they just arn't good enough. You're only supporting argument for Lampard, is that "he will demand respect and they will show more hunger and passion." 

Laughable. 

Vybz Kartel and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How on earth can the journos even think that Sarri is in danger of losing his job. I get it that he was under pressure 3-4 months ago, but we have been doing well and improving. He got the result the club wanted and we are in the EL final as well!

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yeboii said:

How on earth can the journos even think that Sarri is in danger of losing his job. I get it that he was under pressure 3-4 months ago, but we have been doing well and improving. He got the result the club wanted and we are in the EL final as well!

I read that Roman did not like that Sarri criticised our USA tour and Roman apparantly wanted to promote Chelsea in USA, so that is why Roman does want him to leave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

No. They can't.

It's been 6 years and 4 managers couldn't get Willian to hit 10 league goals a season. 

Pedro will be 32 in July

Giroud and Higuain are not consistent strikers. 

I can't see how any manager can get the best out of them, when in reality they just arn't good enough. You're only supporting argument for Lampard, is that "he will demand respect and they will show more hunger and passion." 

Laughable. 

Ohh get of it...of course they can show more passion if motivated enough. I didnt say they will become more talented out of the blue. And I know our team aint the best and can easily be improved upon, but so can the current players when it comes to desire . Whats laugable is our footy game in game out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I read that Roman did not like that Sarri criticised our USA tour and Roman apparantly wanted to promote Chelsea in USA, so that is why Roman does want him to leave

No way its legit.....that would be beyond pathetic to fire him beacuse of that, especially when much better reasons can be used instead.

8 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

How on earth can the journos even think that Sarri is in danger of losing his job. I get it that he was under pressure 3-4 months ago, but we have been doing well and improving. He got the result the club wanted and we are in the EL final as well!

YEs we have our target etc.....but its been anything but convincing. Bare the first 10 games, its been torrid. I think alot will depend upon how we game in the final.

11Drogba likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I read that Roman did not like that Sarri criticised our USA tour and Roman apparantly wanted to promote Chelsea in USA, so that is why Roman does want him to leave

If that is the case we need a new owner tbh, with full respect to Roman. The manager should only think about how to get the best results on the field. Not on what cause there is to help out with. Even Sarri said that he supported the cause "as a man", but "as a coach" he didn't like the timing.

 

 

7 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

YEs we have our target etc.....but its been anything but convincing. Bare the first 10 games, its been torrid. I think alot will depend upon how we game in the final.

Convincing or not, he still got us third and made us play some really good football at times along the way. If someone brings the wanted results a boss has no right to question how. He is introducing the tactics the club wanted him to introduce while also exceeding his expectation. Because match going fans said "fuck Sarriball" for three matches we have to fire him?

Even if we lose the final I would keep Sarri if I was in charge because I can see how beneficial having him for the long run would be. He has been making our players better and you can see the football improving gradually.

kc_blue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe this rumours. First we fired Conte who overachieved with this squad and now we want to sack another manager who overachieve with this team? Manager is least of our problems. If we have transfer window and buy 4,5 top players Sarri will attack title next season no doubt. Imagine City fired Pep after first season? Crazy to even think about it. I mean I know Lampard is going to be our next manager after Sarri but not now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

If that is the case we need a new owner tbh, with full respect to Roman. The manager should only think about how to get the best results on the field. Not on what cause there is to help out with. Even Sarri said that he supported the cause "as a man", but "as a coach" he didn't like the timing.

 

 

Convincing or not, he still got us third and made us play some really good football at times along the way. If someone brings the wanted results a boss has no right to question how. He is introducing the tactics the club wanted him to introduce while also exceeding his expectation. Because match going fans said "fuck Sarriball" for three matches we have to fire him?

Even if we lose the final I would keep Sarri if I was in charge because I can see how beneficial having him for the long run would be. He has been making our players better and you can see the football improving gradually.

He has made our players better? Name 1, and dont say RLC. Our footy has been horrible, just without ideas and rythem. I cant see how its beneficial,I would love for it to be so but I see no Progress, no tactical changes, no game management. Why will it suddenly change? Sarri will live or die by his tactics. Theres no middle ground, no surprise for the opponent etc. If he gets a second season so be it, and I will happily admit I was wrong if we do good, I just cant see it happening sadly.

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I don't believe this rumours. First we fired Conte who overachieved with this squad and now we want to sack another manager who overachieve with this team? Manager is least of our problems. If we have transfer window and buy 4,5 top players Sarri will attack title next season no doubt. Imagine City fired Pep after first season? Crazy to even think about it. 

Pep is a winner, has a pedigree, won bucket loads and get to buy whomever he wants.......Sarri is none of that. Even in his first season you could clearly see progress at City, he understood EPL, he identyfied their weakness and bought accordingly. Just not comparable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.