Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

7 hours ago, Mana said:

If we finish top 4, it will be by some miracle and other teams around us fecking up....not because of Sarri's brilliance. Right now, top 4 is not in our hands.

Struggling why we should give this guy another season. But if he met the CL target, it'll be hard for the board to sack him.

That's it. Though think if do make it and fall out in the group stages he'll be gone. Which is likely to happen with how we keep playing. 

8 hours ago, Mana said:

But if he met the CL target, it'll be hard for the board to sack him.

Inclined to agree but we're talking about a board who sacked a manager for finishing 2nd and a season after winning the double, another months after winning the Champions League and FA Cup, another months after winning the Premier League and League Cup and another after winning the FA Cup. Some of those decisions were right but if the board could do that to managers after winning trophies, to more successful managers, why would they give leeway to someone like Sarri when we have had so many embarrassing results/performances under him and there have been two strong protests from the fans recently? And not to mention, Sarri was reportedly near to getting the sack a couple of times within the last two months.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Inclined to agree but we're talking about a board who sacked a manager for finishing 2nd and a season after winning the double, another months after winning the Champions League and FA Cup, another months after winning the Premier League and League Cup and another after winning the FA Cup. Some of those decisions were right but if the board could do that to managers after winning trophies, to more successful managers, why would they give leeway to someone like Sarri when we have had so many embarrassing results/performances under him and there have been two strong protests from the fans recently? And not to mention, Sarri was reportedly near to getting the sack a couple of times within the last two months.

even conte should have been sacked in the first season according to journalists 

but you're right, this board is able to do anything 

13 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

He is good but his teams have peak at average teams. He was destroying everything in bundesliga and now he is doing the same in PL below top 6. Thats his peak. 

Both Bayern and City took heavy Ls in CL against big and small teams.

This has nothing to do with luck. He is plain and simple shite against determined teams.

Why? Because he wants to BUY to create similar team that he created in barca. And his loaded team is too much for small weak teams, but they cant compete against the best. They mentaly struggle because they were all bought in last two seasons and dont give a shit about City realy. I have seen warrior like performances from smaller teams, this city one is bunch of spoiled lads who have all the talent in the world, but dont know the grit and determination. And thats on Pep. Because he was buying everything instead of building a team slowly. 

If Sane underperforms, he just drops him. If he Otamendi underperforms, he just spends another 50 on new CB. But result is you get mercenaries who dont care. If he developed Otamendi and trusted him, maybe he would by now be a reliable CB unlike Laporte etc. If he played Sane as much as possible, he would return by giving everything he can. But Pep rotates all the time, many times unneccesary, and thus doesnt have 11 regulars who are absolute must to win CL. Real, Barca everyone had undisputed 11. With Pep you never know who will be two CBs and who will be two main wingers or 3 midfielders. 

We were lucky back then with Drogba and others because that 11 gave it all for this club. 

Nowdays we are buying players that dont give a shit. Same with United. Thats why we suck. They dont offer that extra. United and we have seriously bad boards, thats why even with the spending we dont get near City or Psg.

Liverpool is the only english team that has proper project. And thats because they built their team gradualy. When they bought Salah or Dijk, they wanted those two and those two only. And they played them until they completely fit in the squad. They wont rotate them every week, they wont bench them during bad form. They make them undisputed starters and rely on them 100%. 

I remember Mou wanted only Drogba and we played him through thick and thin until he was greatest striker in blue. When we bought Morata, we bought him because we needed a striker. Once he turned shite, we dropped him and vice versa nowdays he couldnt give two shits about us. 

Player loyalty is still the most important value in football. And thats the difference between Pep and Klopp.

When Barca signed De Jong, you know they want to make destiny with them. Same was with Pool when they bought Dijk. They went over everything to get that CB. When City buys a player, its just another toy for Pep who will be dumped the moment they find a new one. It was the same when we got Morata.

We need to INVEST in the players, not just buy them. 

So you use the example of Sane and Otamendi?

Well then I can give you the reverse, he has helped push Sterling to new heights and he is consistent with him. Pep is consistent with De Bruyne. 

So your example that he is no consistent with the players but theirs also example of players that he is consistent with. 

And below top 6 in pl? Excuse me but we got beat 6 to 0. Last time they played against United they beat them 3 to 1. So your analysis their is also wrong! 

4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Well then I can give you the reverse, he has helped push Sterling to new heights and he is consistent with him. Pep is consistent with De Bruyne. 

So your example that he is no consistent with the players but theirs also example of players that he is consistent with. 

And below top 6 in pl? Excuse me but we got beat 6 to 0. Last time they played against United they beat them 3 to 1. So your analysis their is also wrong! 

Should and could have done a double over pool too. Iirc, mahrez missed a late penalty at anfield.

13 hours ago, Mana said:

I'm sorry, but it's you that's rewriting Klopp's first season.

Let's remind ourselves.

Klopp took over Liverpool near mid-season. Had zero time to settle, worse than Sarri.

Yes, Klopp couldn't overturn Rodgers' damage and finished 8th with some ridiculous defeats.

Yes, Klopp took them to a League Cup and Europa League final(s) for the first time in years and lost both.

But despite all of that, went to Stamford Bridge and got Liverpool's first win there since 2011.

Beat City 4-1 at the Etihad, and beat City again 3-0 at Anfield.

A massive 6-0 away victory over Villa.

Smashed Everton 4-0.

These were signs.

What did Sarri do? Narrow home victories against Arsenal and City? Unconvincing home win against Spuds in the league?

Klopp took over after like 7/8 games, he didn't exactly take over a hopeless relegations battle at Christmas.

He may have won against us and City but he was constantly dropping points against shit teams because he wasn't ruthless enough with his defense and the attack couldn't break them down, a defense he didn't fix for over two years.

Narrow wins against City and Spurs? Both were very comfortable.

16 hours ago, Fernando said:

Only fools call Pep a fraud. 

Anyone with a right mind can see the differences he has done for the teams. 

Just because he gets bad luck in CL does not mean much. 

The real test is always the league, and he has transform city immense in the league. 

Well you have to understand City's momentum right now. I won't speak about Pep's first season which I think is very similar to ours now. If he finish second this season his results in the last two seasons would be completely the same like ours when Ancelotti was manager. Title and second place in PL and last 16 and quarter final in CL. We sacked Carlo. You know why? Because he failed to deliver in CL which was our obsession back then and biggest goal!  City is in this place right now. They bring Pep to win CL in the first place. If he fails next season again which he will they will look for someone else. They are Chelsea ten years ago. They will feel something is missing if they don't win CL just like we did. And you can clearly see we changed after we won it. 

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Well you have to understand City's momentum right now. I won't speak about Pep's first season which I think is very similar to ours now. If he finish second this season his results in the last two seasons would be completely the same like ours when Ancelotti was manager. Title and second place in PL and last 16 and quarter final in CL. We sacked Carlo. You know why? Because he failed to deliver in CL which was our obsession back then and biggest goal!  City is in this place right now. They bring Pep to win CL in the first place. If he fails next season again which he will they will look for someone else. They are Chelsea ten years ago. They will feel something is missing if they don't win CL just like we did. And you can clearly see we changed after we won it. 

next year CL is going to massively harder than this year

the only truly top top teams witchat least a 50/50 shot to win it were Barca, Shitty (out on a horrid VAR call) and (shoot me for saying this) Victimpool

maybe Juve due to CR/, BUT they are old old old and got found out

I thought PSG had a shot, but, as so many correctly remind me, they are gutless bottlers when they hit a rough situ

next year all the top teams will (or should be) dramatically improved

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Defeats happen, but many top teams rivaled them very fairly and betaten them on quite many ocassions. We and United are hardly top teams or in great form.

De Bruyne is in and out. Once he was fit, Pep clearly prefered Bernardo over him for a while, despite Kevin was already match fit. Sterling is on fire, obviously he will play. But soon he drops form, Pep will bench him for Sane. He doesnt have any loyalty to players, they are just projects for him. And when he has to count on them, it strikes back. 

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

This is incorrect and needs to be called out. Pep’s first season isn’t as disastrous as Sarri’s.

6 defeats, finished 3rd. We have 8 defeats and the season ain’t done yet. We will be very lucky to finish 4th at this point too.

You are right, season is not over yet and I'm very optimistic we'll have even better season then City's 16-17. Season is 4 competitions we usually play over the season not just PL.  

So winning EL is way better than last 16 of CL. Of course we may not win it but like I said we are favourites. 

Okay domestic cups are maybe not important for you but still our final this season in Carabao cup and fifth round in FA cup is better record then theirs semi final and fourth round in Pep's first season. And about PL... If we win 4 remaining games we will finish season with 78 points just like City in 16-17. Third or fourth absolutely not important. Even if we finish sixth and win EL it's still better season in my book. 

In the end one question for you. We finish for example sixth this season and win EL. Liverpool finish second with 97 points and lose CL final. Who do you think had better season? 

15 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

You are right, season is not over yet and I'm very optimistic we'll have even better season then City's 16-17. Season is 4 competitions we usually play over the season not just PL.  

So winning EL is way better than last 16 of CL. Of course we may not win it but like I said we are favourites. 

Okay domestic cups are maybe not important for you but still our final this season in Carabao cup and fifth round in FA cup is better record then theirs semi final and fourth round in Pep's first season. And about PL... If we win 4 remaining games we will finish season with 78 points just like City in 16-17. Third or fourth absolutely not important. Even if we finish sixth and win EL it's still better season in my book. 

In the end one question for you. We finish for example sixth this season and win EL. Liverpool finish second with 97 points and lose CL final. Who do you think had better season? 

also this thing to compare these two clubs it's a nonsense imho

man city had a better squad than chelsea 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

We finish for example sixth this season and win EL. Liverpool finish second with 97 points and lose CL final. Who do you think had better season? 

Liverpool

not even remotely close

to get to final means they beat Barca, who would crush us 9 times out of ten (maybe 10 out of ten)

and 97 points would mean a title in every other EPL season except the last 2, even in our super year (2004-5) we only got 95

beating Frankfurt and then Valencia or Arse is hardly a way to elevate us above the Victimpool season, especially if we are 6th in a weak year (other than Shitty and the dippers)

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Liverpool

not even remotely close

to get to final means they beat Barca, who would crush us 9 times out of ten (maybe 10 out of ten)

and 97 points would mean a title in every other EPL season except the last 2, even in our super year (2004-5) we only got 95

beating Frankfurt and then Valencia or Arse is hardly a way to elevate us above the Victimpool season, especially if we are 6th in a weak year (other than Shitty and the dippers)

Yes but their fans will end up hugely disappointed in both competitions. To come so close to win two major trophies and come short on both. And we will celebrate EL. So we will feel better. After all in 5 years people will only remember trophies. 

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Yes but their fans will end up hugely disappointed in both competitions. To come so close to win two major trophies and come short on both. And we will celebrate EL. So we will feel better. After all in 5 years people will only remember trophies. 

here is the simple way to compare

which season is harder to do?

the dipper's

exponentially

if your are looking at it objectively there is no comparison

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

here is the simple way to compare

which season is harder to do?

the dipper's

exponentially

if your are looking at it objectively there is no comparison

Of course their season is much harder to do but we will feel better after all. They will just prove one more time they are bottlers. Actually when you think about it not to win title with 97 points is hilarious 😂

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Liverpool

not even remotely close

I do agree but it would be good material to wind up Liverpool fans with. "You're best team possibly ever and a Chelsea side deep in transition had a better season".

On 4/20/2019 at 3:42 PM, Jason said:

Because different team require different expectations. Jose Mourinho got fired in the 2nd term because we are in relegation zone. 

Conte got fired because honesty the moment the board didn't extend his contract in his 2nd year, I know we are going to different direction