Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

34 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Arsenal go to Everton this weekend too, not easy, Everton are playing well.

Not just that. They have some very tricky fixtures up ahead. Trip to everton, then Napoli at home, trip to Watford, then trip to Napoli.

Atsenal's last 7 games have 5 away games, that too against the likes of everton, Watford, wolves, Leicester. These are some really tough games and the fact that they have won just 2 away games out of their last 12 (Blackpool and Huddersfield) is telling that they are going to drop more than a few.

So if we can somehow avoid defeats at anfield and OT (specifically OT), we might have a decent chance of a top 4.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

It remains to be seen if Sarri has learned anything from it but he shouldn't have to experience it to know you gotta rotate when the team have to play every 3-4 days, regardless of the intensity. It's not rocket science and this isn't his first season of managing a team who have to play a lot of midweek games either. 

Here's the tricky thing - the Premier League is obviously the more 'prestigious' competition but our best bet of getting Champions League football next season is via the Europa League, IMO. So does he rotate against West Ham and play last night's XI against Slavia Prague or does he do it the other way and risk us struggling against Slavia Prague?

Completely understand and agree with your first point, he should be more prepared for this but you'll find a lot of managers struggle with that initially. From what I understand Napoli never did much in europe or in the domestic cups under Sarri so he probably had less games and more time to prepare in Italy.

I know Slavia Prague got a result over Sevilla but I would be amazed if we couldn't rotate against them and still get through. 

This next week is of vital importance. We get through the next 3 games relatively unscathed and depending on other's league results we could be in a very strong position on both fronts. On the surface getting Champions League football through the Europa League may be potentially the easier option but its also the more riskier with it being a knockout competition.

What also needs to be considered is fourth may not actually be good enough. If Spurs or United finished outside top 4 and won the Champions League and Arsenal or us finished outside the top 4 and won the Europa League then the team in 4th place wouldn't get in the Champions League next year. It's very unlikely but not impossible, so even more ideally we should be aiming for third or winning the Europa League to guarantee.

After the Everton game I thought the league was done, but United have been poor recently not just with some results but their performances have dropped significantly too which I think gives us a great chance when we meet them at Old Trafford. And previous shows that you could never fully trust Spurs and Arsenal to see anything through. We just need to hang in there and hopefully have it in our hands going into the final day.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

It remains to be seen if Sarri has learned anything from it but he shouldn't have to experience it to know you gotta rotate when the team have to play every 3-4 days, regardless of the intensity. It's not rocket science and this isn't his first season of managing a team who have to play a lot of midweek games either. 

Here's the tricky thing - the Premier League is obviously the more 'prestigious' competition but our best bet of getting Champions League football next season is via the Europa League, IMO. So does he rotate against West Ham and play last night's XI against Slavia Prague or does he do it the other way and risk us struggling against Slavia Prague?

Can do another consideration imho:  Man united will play against barcelona, Tottenham with Man city, Arsenal with Napoli. 

they'll drop points in the premier league for sure, and that's why I think sarri should choose the best squad in the premier league, also because Slavia prague is an average team 

9 hours ago, Clockwork said:

maybe arguably the biggest reason is you don't reward good performances and punish bad performances.

I'd say he is rewarding Alonso, Barkley, Kovacic, and Pedro/Willian far more leniently than Emerson, CHO, and RLC. The former just need to put in a 7/10 performance against farmers to earn their starting XI back whereas the latter have to find Sarri the infinity stones. 

If he keeps that team as the basis for going forward I can get behind him again. So much better looking last night. Entertaining, slick passing, fight, passion and most importantly our academy boys playing in the same team from the start. Biggest annoyance for me is sarris refusal to play rubes and Callum as well as Christensen. Last night was a breath of fresh air. Hoping he starts playing the lads more

Tactics were exactly the same. Just fielded the players fans wanted to see against awful opposition.

We will struggle against better teams same as we have before. Still don't see top4 this time around, regardless who starts.

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Jesus are you a Chelsea fan or a idiot? Wtf.

It was a bit of irony and probability/belief that something like that won't happen. :) Anyways apology accepted

21 hours ago, Mana said:

His head is still just above water though. A defeat/draw against West Ham with Alonso, Pedro and Willian will suddenly make him public enemy #1 again.

a defeat/draw against west ham even with CHO and emerson will make him public enemy again