test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,619 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Pep had a much easier job at City than Sarri is having now at Chelsea so in that sense the comparison is madness. Sarri is asked to change the philosophy of the team entirely and deliver results in the process, kinda like being asked to turn Soviet Union into capitalist market economy in 6 months and expecting it to be a smooth process. Pep took over a squad that was used to playing possession football and the club had done everything to make the transition easy as possible for him.

Is there a managerial change to which Sarri's current term can be compared? I can't remember any top club in Europe changing their philosophy from counter attacking to possession football in such a radical way as we're doing now.

Nope. Sarri is just suck. He has to be more flexible. Instead on insisting playing possession football he need to play on counter more. So ask the player to press one game and drop back the other game. Play long ball in one game and play short passing the next. I am pretty sure by the end of the season they would have mastered all of them. 

Plus he should have played odoi more. It doesn't matter that hazard is poor defensively he need to play odoi more acrros from Hazard. Oh I forget, false 9 is dumb. You cannot cheat by playing Hazard as striker. We have two strikers, one of them need to play. 

Have to admit I'm happy with the way we set up today, no dellusional possession cravings, playing for the win.

Still deservedly one defeat away from the sack but at least he will have got the fanbase and club's attention with this first half.

Maybe a first step on the wya of changing his approach to last on this football club, just sad that it took him multiple spankings to do so.

Sent from my INE-LX1 using Tapatalk

There's no way he can continue.

We have become an absolute circus under him.

The only reason why we didn't lose badly today because Sarri played defensive football. If we were playing Sarri-Ball there wouldn't be a contest.

11Drogba likes this

1 minute ago, !Hazard! said:

Players are the problem

That is obviously from the beginning. You can't have the same problem 3 managers in a role. Mourinho, Conte and now Sarri. 

kellzfresh and Costa19 like this

9 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

The only reason why we didn't lose badly today because Sarri played defensive football. If we were playing Sarri-Ball there wouldn't be a contest.

jesus christ

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think today prove what I have been saying. 

Keep Sarri get rid of same of the players. 

Had enough with the same issue of the players with manager after manager. 

Mate, listen, you are not playing video games. Kepa was the most expensive goalie in the world...the club won't get rid of him to back Sarri. Specially because the last time the club backed the manager over a player the trade was Morata replacing Costa.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

The decision to sub Kepa is in the same context...why replace the goalie if he said he was okay. It seems Sarri just wanted to make a point there. 

11Drogba likes this

1 minute ago, Henrique said:

The decision to sub Kepa is in the same context...why replace the goalie if he said he was okay. It seems Sarri just wanted to make a point there. 

it was already a planned sub. even before the cramps

3 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Mate, listen, you are not playing video games. Kepa was the most expensive goalie in the world...the club won't get rid of him to back Sarri. Specially because the last time the club backed the manager over a player the trade was Morata replacing Costa.

That is the problem the players know they are untouchable because we paid a big sum for them. That is the problem we have as a team. 

kellzfresh and !Hazard! like this

10 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Sarri wanted to make sure he has 100% fit gk in goal and besides Caballero is very good at pens so why not make the sub

Remember that goalie sub from Van Gaal in WC 2014 against Costa Rica? I don't even wanna what would have happened to Cillessen if he said no to Van Gaal and stayed on the pitch, Van Gaal would have probably burned his house down

I knew that there was a reason why we was getting beat badly. 

You don't go from playing good a couple of months to now crap. 

The players gave up on the manager. 

It's a pity we never will see Sarri ball in Chelsea because we have a bunch of players that turn on their manager. 

If Sarri is sack there's no point in hiring anyone else because we will have the same issues. 

If he walks away then there's not much to do as we the club and fans never backed him when the problem was never him but the players. 

kellzfresh likes this

The post saying if we had tried to play sarriball we'd have lost, is totally right.  Only times we have done well v them was compact, using a false 9.  when we tried Sarri's way, 6-0

Cynical twat in me thinks todays set up was not all Sarri's doing. Definitely a bit of Zola in there. I still think part of it was because it was a cup game, albeit the final.  you watch Wednesday, back to same old 11.  Despite todays positive performance at times. Sarri was coming out of this with a bit of rep restored.

That Kepa incident was fucking mayhem.  Unprofessional from Kepa and undermining the boss, and Sarri should have stood his ground and made him go off if that was his plan.  When Moss called Sarri and Zola over they should have told him, i want him off end of.  Instead it seemed like Zola had a word, and on the way back to the bench Sarri and Zola had words.  Absolute mental

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I knew that there was a reason why we was getting beat badly. 

You don't go from playing good a couple of months to now crap. 

The players gave up on the manager. 

It's a pity we never will see Sarri ball in Chelsea because we have a bunch of players that turn on their manager. 

If Sarri is sack there's no point in hiring anyone else because we will have the same issues. 

If he walks away then there's not much to do as we the club and fans never backed him when the problem was never him but the players. 

Sarriball does not exist.  It just doesnt.  The problem is both.  Both are massively to blame.  Sarri for creating a divide it seems and having favourites (jorginho) and the squad for being petulant.  Neither side is blameless. Its going one way