Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

37 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I will still keep him and get rid of a lot of players this summer. 

Willian, pedro, if hazard wants to leave he can. Cahill, drinkwater, and others if can. 

Get 3 or 4 players this summer. And start building from there. 

I expected from the beginning a season like this. It is why I'm not angry like most here because I expected this...

When you try to change the identity of the club you will have a very mediocre season. What you expect is that in the second season you see some progress of where your trying to go. 

Let's hope that the people who run this club also expected this....

That is what I am talking about! I am also not angry.

You lay  the foundations of the change and then eventually see the fruits of it. But we want it all at the same time. 

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Just a matter of time, we have slipped out of the CL spot now and EL is the only passage in if we we fail in the league.

I don't think he will survive and be gone by March

Even if we don't get CL, sacking him and getting a new manager with no CL is the same issue we have when Sarri came in. 

Depleting squad, no CL. Makes no sense sacking to me. 

Unless you get a manager that is good for youth, but we don't appoint those managers. 

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

Willian, pedro, if hazard wants to leave he can. Cahill, drinkwater, and others if can. 

I expected from the beginning a season like this. It is why I'm not angry like most here because I expected this...

When you try to change the identity of the club you will have a very mediocre season. What you expect is that in the second season you see some progress of where your trying to go. 

Given what they did to sign him, I expect so. 

However, I can't see Sarri staying if we fall out of Top 4 or don't win Europa. I would be very surprised if he does. 

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Given what they did to sign him, I expect so. 

However, I can't see Sarri staying if we fall out of Top 4 or don't win Europa. I would be very surprised if he does. 

Same. Not based on what he's trying to do but more the fact he hasn't made changes when things have gone or are going bad. There's only so much time can give. 

Have a poor season doesn't bother me. Its when the same lot get played and play same way that does. 

I'm all well and good with giving managers time. I understand that our model has shifted to a more patient approach with emphasis on building a sustainable team, that will challenge down the line. Guardiola was given time and now he has transformed City in a formidable side. His first season was an improvement season to their previous season, when they finished 4th under Pellegrini, so whilst they weren't the finished product, they still made progress as they finished higher. That's not even to mention, Guardiola has one of the best CV's in world football, boasting numerous titles and European cups, so this guy is a proven serial winner. 

Now, us? We look absolutely hopeless. 6-0 is our worst defeat in the PL era, 4-0 is the worst defeat since 1995. That's not progress. We have regressed even further. There's no shame in losing to City. Had we played decent "sarri-ball" but lost the game, that'd be fine and I'd be down with giving time with this experiment. Sarri has never won anything in his life, his CV is a far cry from Guardiola and "sarri-ball" at its peak, lost the title to Juventus by a comfortable fashion. Not to say, they choked the title away once they were in the driving seat, beating Juve away from home. Now, this isn't the manager I want to give time to. He has no credentials. You can't compare him to Klopp or Guardiola, they have credentials of being a top manager. 

Let's also mention, Sarri-ball at its peak, was an abysmal failure in Europe, losing to City both times, losing out on KO to Shakhtar Donetsk. While teams like As Roma have achieved so much in Europe in the mean time. That's a fucking embarrassment track record. 

Giving Sarri time to "build" a team, is like United waiting on Moyes to build a team. You are just simply wasting your time with mediocrity. 

8 minutes ago, kobematabryant said:

Both managers never and will ever win anything in their career, and are not suited to the top level. 

Comparing a man who broke the Serie A record with little to no budget and having only Zielinski and the ghost of Christian Maggio as bench options, to David Moyes is well and truly a laughable comparison. 

7 hours ago, Fernando said:

I expected some realy bad defensive performances where we get destroyed and I even said it when we signed Sarri for fans to beware of this situation. It wont be Sarriball instantly,but will take at least two seasons to kick in. Whenever you decide to turn defensive team into high line pressing one, expect some teams could ridicule our defenders.

BUT that said, I didnt expect THIS big defeats. 4:0 against someone like bournemouth or biggest loss in our PL history like 6:0 vs City. That was way way over the line and it makes you wonder if this is necessary evil for better tomorrow or plain suicide. 

3:0 against some big rivals or something like 2:0 against average teams is fine all things considered, but we were murdered and disgraced by City and Bournemouth. Maybe Bournemouth loss alone could be explainable, but then City loss soon after, dunno its becoming a pattern and not some freak moment (like Pep lost to Everton 4:0 in first season)

Also Jorginho gets shut down way to easily and our attack is painfuly slow and uncreative. Its hardly a progress and its hard to be optimistic. Even for first season under Sarri, we could show some more spark in attack. 

I guess next three games (not counting malmo fixtures) are make it or break it for Sarri.

The club lacks patience, however I think we should give him some trust and time, but if we end up on 4-5 heavy defeats in such short time, there is no coach in any club in world surviving this.

11 minutes ago, Henrique said:

He was spot on.

No. It was laughably erroneous. 

10 minutes ago, Henrique said:

They will. They receive a fat paycheck if they get fired. This is what really matter.

Absolute pity you still think we can operate that way despite the state the club and the market is currently in. :lol:

You don't have to like Sarri to know the comparison to Moyes is ridiculous. Moyes never won at the level Sarri did at Napoli, he won 66% of his games while the Scottish dinosaur never reached over 50% for the exception of his one year United which was 52%. Despite his struggles Sarri at Chelsea still has a win percentage of 65% at the club which is still very good. Never mind the actual football both managers played, one received great praise for the brave football they played while the other played a cowardish football only fitting for small sides. 

I have my concerns over Sarri, he needs to adjust because you simply have to. Not only he does not have the players he had at Napoli but this is a different league and tactical matchups. If you look at Pep, who is very stubborn but he never went to Bayern trying to replicate his Barca football. Just like at City he never attempted to replicate those teams. He has adjusted, and used different profile players to achieve his attacking football.