test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,563 posts in this topic
25 minutes ago, 0007 said:

These  crybabies should definitely  be sold if they request so. Kante is too nice to be part of this group(i suspect his agent might be pushing for a change) , Kepa, Kova, Higuain and Jorginho are all Sarri's signings, Hazard is leaving soon so it should be none of his business and Azpi was always loyal to our managers.

I am dead sure Willian is the mastermind behind this. He "loves" Chelsea, he sees himself as one of the biggest stars in the dressing room and is pushing the club for a new deal.Sarri's staying practically means Willian is gone in the summer and we all know how the Brazilian  twat will deal with this kind of stuff. 

The players who have complaints iver playing time (not saying they all are troublemakers)

AC, Ampadu, Cahill, Emerson, Zappacosta, Fabregas (gone), Drinkwater (sell him ffs), RLC, CHO, (soon gone orobably) Giroud (maybe).

Then you have the core malcontents: Luiz, Alonso, Willian and probably Hazard. (All soon gone or need to be)

0007 likes this

I don't know why these players would be upset at Sarri, they play like shit and they continue to be rewarded with more playing time. If anything Sarri has given more powers to the players. He has done nothing to shake up the dressing room.

If the players are not responding, it will largely be due to losing faith in the manager and tactics. It kinda makes sense, if you continue to play the same tactics and it yields the same results. Undoubtedly at one point players will lose faith, trying the same thing again and again is insanity. 

I would be shocked to see any deviation from Sarri as players selection and tactics go. He will continue to largely play the same players, because he has invested a lot of time in those core players. If he is going to go down, he will go down with the players largely responsible for it. 

I think a player like Azpilicueta perfectly demonstrates why this system does not work with a bunch of core players Sarri has chosen. Not only he lacks the technical traits for this type of football, but more importantly he lacks the mindset. We have seen at times Azpi demonstrate the ability to play Sarriball, but for the majority he reverts back to his natural tendency becoming a one way FB again. For Azpi to play Sarriball he has to stretch himself pretty far, and one can live in that state for a very short time. Same goes for Kante, he is asked to play in a way that is far from his natural game. Show glimpses of that excellent football, but often time reverts to his natural tendency. Barkley is another one, who has never played in a 3 CM midfield and the style Sarri is asking him to do. There is Alonso of course too, he is not a LB. I could go on and on about others on the squad too.

That is the big issue with Sarri at Chelsea, he is attempting to play in a style that forces a lot of players into positions they are not comfortable with. You could get away with 1-2 players slowly getting adjusted to this football, but not when the pitch is filled with them. 

Sarri has taken the worst path imo, he has not adjusted to his players, chosen players that are far suited to his football and neglected the young players that would probably more tuned into his philosophy and football.

There is two ways about modern football - you either buy the top dogs in the game and challenge instantly, or you promote/buy top talent and have lots of patience. 

What is in between it does not work and it is called mediocrity aka Chelsea FC of 2019. 

Been busy a lot for the last days, but I read somewhere that Roman has instructed his people to find potential buyers. Think it was an article in The Guardian the next day after the 6 nil loss? Well nevermind, but something has to change, there must pe some plan at least, a Director of Football, some people to come with fresh ideas. If we keep buying/keeping the Alonsos, Willians, Pedros et all then everything is wrong. 

kellzfresh likes this

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He hasn't deviated all season, he isn't going to start now.

Tbf we hired the guy to do a job of changing the style more than anything. Definitely time to change 6-8 players in the summer and go again. Pulisic is already coming in. Possibly sign a few others and Sabaria from Seville.

Club needs a huge change with actual long term planning in place for once. A manager has to be given time. Players need to give maximum effort. Short termis was always going to affect us in the long run.

Look at what Sarri did in Naples with lesser players (lets be honest, Pepe Reina, Raul Albiol, Dries Mertens, Jose Callejon, Zielenski, Hysaj, Milik, good players but hardly be regarded as outstanding before he went there although he took Zielenski and Hysaj with him) it was extremely good to watch, a lot of players improved hugely but they were hungry to improve, take information on board and to push on and try challenge Juventus. Theres obviously a struggle or issue with the players here because Sarri keeps saying he cant see his football, be that because the players arent suited to it (dont buy it, these guys are better than that) ,arent taking everything on board or just dont want to change. He has been stubborn but he was stubborn at Empoli and Napoli too. It worked for him in terms of implementing his style. 

kc_blue, 0007 and petre.ispirescu like this

We aint signing more than 4 players in the summer, and we wont be spending hundreds of millions.  I am actually not convinced we win Thursday.  Malmo no mugs

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6696471/Chelsea-team-stars-beaten-youth-players-practice-match.html

Chelsea first-team stars concede last-gasp equaliser in practice match against youth players in training match in further blow to Maurizio Sarri

Play the youth!

jernej93 and Sideshow Luiz like this

42 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6696471/Chelsea-team-stars-beaten-youth-players-practice-match.html

Chelsea first-team stars concede last-gasp equaliser in practice match against youth players in training match in further blow to Maurizio Sarri

Play the youth!

1 minute ago, Costa19 said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: 

I've just watched the Solskjaer interview before their game tonight, he was interviewed by the BT sports reporter yesterday and they asked him "What have you done" his answer was two key words 'Focus' and 'Fun' he touched mainly on enjoying yourself, playing to the maximum without complicating things. 

I fully get the whole downing tools things, but what I have said for years and years, there is far too much focus on tactics, shape etc. Football is over complicated by idiots is my point, not fancy lines, not demoralising people with fancy fucking words and player such as the 'Register' and all this bollocks, football is simple.

This is what this bloke has to do with this lot, and all this Sarri ball bollocks needs flushing down the shit pan quickly because I actually think the players have read into it all and it's clouding and cancerous.

Henrique and Laylabelle like this

I will judge Sarri based on next few games. I will blame current results on players but now it's up to Sarri. If he keeps playing underperforming players than he needs to go. 

5 hours ago, mccg said:

Revealed: The two changes Chelsea players requested to Maurizio Sarri in crisis meeting

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/02/12/chelsea-players-message-to-sarri-over-kante-and-hudson-odoi/

It doesn't make much sense. I really doubt players will ask for Hudson...

OneMoSalah and Costa19 like this

We have really good players, on their day can beat anyone. Played out of position, sometimes downing tools,unmotivated, lack of rotation, the Sarri honeymoon is over, and can't see it improving much, unless Maria said get seven players mate.

Could do worse than Lampard and Jody Morris for a bit -inject some passion.

Vesper likes this

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

We have really good players, on their day can beat anyone. Played out of position, sometimes downing tools,unmotivated, lack of rotation, the Sarri honeymoon is over, and can't see it improving much, unless Maria said get seven players mate.

Could do worse than Lampard and Jody Morris for a bit -inject some passion.

And ffs sell ALL the deadwood and shit like Willian and Alonso and play the youth more.

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

And ffs sell ALL the deadwood and shit like Willian and Alonso and play the youth more.

Sarri will rather see the old shit players grounded in their pathetic situation than give the likes of CHO a chance... Now the same players he gives playing over and over again now turning against him... can't you see the irony of life now... Just like SJ said he is been a coward for not trying the youth since the turd experienced shit players ain't doing something worthy of giving them chance

Vesper likes this