Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Russians have been taking the piss and committing huge amounts of dark arts and the govt had enough.

Blaming the uk i wont have that.

roman is don putins money man, yet did jack shit to push putin away from sending agents over to kill OUR citizen. they didn't even kill their traitor spy ffs

its war starting games from 2 bit russians and everyone reacted

It's now just more apparent than ever that you need to build a good relationship with the upper levels of a club and the manager. Everyone from the top down has to be on the same page. The current top 3 have that. 

There seems to be a massive disconnect there for us. Buying players like Pulisic without Sarri even being consulted. Not buying players or positions that we're in dire need of. Shit like that would simply not happen under Pep, Klopp, or Poch.

Its so obvious that we have non-football people running everything while knowing nothing about football.

I feel sorry for him, the mentality is not down to him and should've been taken measure long before he came here. They did the same against Mourinho and Conte but of course Marina doesn't give a fuck and expects managers to make miracles.

Guardiola on Sarri etc: "People don't understand how difficult it is to do something. In my first season it was tough too. It takes time, it needs owners to really believe in that. I don't have to convince Txiki, he knows me. He knows I'm not good when I win or bad when I lose."

Does anybody truly think Roman is going to buy 6-7 World Class players in the summer? I don't. 

Sarri's future us doomed. It was from the beginning. We don't do things like City. They are run by smarter footballing people than ours and richer which helps.

39 minutes ago, Nicco said:

I feel sorry for him, the mentality is not down to him and should've been taken measure long before he came here. They did the same against Mourinho and Conte but of course Marina doesn't give a fuck and expects managers to make miracles.

We have so many issues on the team in terms of players it si no wonder we are in turmoil

CB Luiz (has reverted back to bad defence and has a contract issue in that we will not offer him a multiyear contract due to his age) I think he leaves on a free, he should have been sold and upgraded upon thsi last summer

CB AC (totally up in the air if he will develop into a player consistently good enough to count on)

CB Cahill (spent as a player, will leave on a free in the summer, should have been sold)

LB Alonso (clearly horrific, exhibit number one in terms of the board's utter stupidity when they renewed him)

LB Emerson (if he cannot bench the absolutely dreadful Alonso, what good is he?)

RB Azpi (is rapidly declining as a player, the insane minutes have finally caught up with him, even his defence has been shoddy, let alone his lack of offensive thrust)

RB Zappacosta (pure waste of £22.5m, why has he not been sold?)

DH DMF Jorginho (unfortunately is rapidly heading toward monster flop territory, he looks out of his league)

CMF Kante (he is being criminally misused, regardless of the fact he is a brilliant enough player to at least play his new position to a fairly high level)  He is the world's best DMF but has been removed from that area.

CMF/AMF/DH DMF   Mateo Kovacic  He doesn't score. He may be able to play as Jorginho's backup, but simply is not what we need in MF

CMF Danny Drinkwater   GO GO GO (insanely stupid purchase, enragingly so)

AMF Barkley (I am ready to right him off, overall a bust, at least we did not spend huge money on him)

AMF RLC (still an utter enigma, he best come good soon or needs to go)

LW Eden (we all know he si leaving, and we will get raped on his valuation)

LW CHO (again, is leaving, and we have bollocks his handling up pretty badly)

RW Willian (a joke we didnt sell him to Barca, is another huge example of the incompetent board, he needs to go go go)

RW Pedro (soon is too old to be remotely a starting level player, no future for him here, overall was a good servant)

CF Higuain (remains to be seen, has looked ok BUT he will only be hear for 16 more months, max, zero long term future)

CF Giroud (washed up, needs to go go go)

Pulisic  (who knows, hope he comes good, he sure looks like a cynical marketing buy to me, hope I am dead wrong!)

almost all of those need to be sold, and even worse, some who shouldn't be sold are leaving anyway

nightmarish situ:(

Just now, Clockwork said:

What are you guys thoughts, does he stay on or get sacked? honestly i have no clue. 

He stays for now. Get spanked by United and he's gone.

Although I have no clue what we would possibly do if we sacked him. Not really any options out there.

Just now, Clockwork said:

What are you guys thoughts, does he stay on or get sacked? honestly i have no clue. 

If he refuses to switch formation, put Kante back to his proper role,and bench Alonso permanently, then he needs the sacking

21 minutes ago, DDA said:

Does anybody truly think Roman is going to buy 6-7 World Class players in the summer? I don't. 

Sarri's future us doomed. It was from the beginning. We don't do things like City. They are run by smarter footballing people than ours and richer which helps.

Their owner is just ready to spend and back the manager...

I don't think Sarri is the answer for the club. I had high hopes for him in the summer and have been overall very disappointed. Tits ihis defeat to City has been coming for months, we look so open and weak particularly against the top sides.

But whilst we need a good managerial appointment, I think its currently more important we get a top class appointment at board level to deal with the football aspect of the club. 

I don't have anything against Marina, she's been given a job to do by the club and she's doing the best she can given she has no football background. She's a bloody hard negotiator and again no problems with this. But tasking her with the overall running of the club nowadays will be our downfall. Let her run the business aspect of the club, that's what her background is in and she's proven in the past to be bloody good at it.

But we need a director of football. The club cannot keep changing its idea what it wants. We've gone from Mourinho and Conte who play in a defensive, containing manner to Sarri who's philosophy is very attack minded in a rigid system and style. Don't be surprised for the board to panic, sack Sarri and revert back to a more defensive minded manager. The lack of cohesion and continuity is how we've ended up with a number of players brought over recent seasons which suit one manager and not the next. That's not to say the manager shouldn't have any input into transfers, they shouldn't have signings forced upon them. But the overall strategy and philosophy within the club needs to be retained. At the moment I struggle to see what that is at Chelsea.

And the constant managerial changes are also a big reason why a number of players have probably stayed at the club longer than they should as they get another chance with a new manager.

We need a football person with a philosophy and vision in both the short term and long term who is given the time and space to rebuild this club in a particular image over the next few years. If a manager doesn't work out, then he can be replaced but it will be for someone who has a similar philosophy and style of play themselves who can still use a number of the same players who will have been brought in recent windows. 

2 minutes ago, mccg said:

Maurizio Sarri: Chelsea boss says sorry after Man City rout

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47193232

"In the last three matches away we've played very badly so we need to say sorry," said the 69-year-old Italian.

shocking error by the BBC

he just turned 60

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

"In the last three matches away we've played very badly so we need to say sorry," said the 69-year-old Italian.

he just turned 60

Probably feels he's aged about 9 years in 3 games...

Just now, Vesper said:

he just turned 60

The least of our problems !, he looks like he as aged 9  years this season ffs , feels like i have lately watching this gimp make the same mistakes over and over again