Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

No matter who manager is next season we need 6,7 new players. And probably all of them for starting 11.

And I agree.

But I'm afraid I wouldn't stop there neither.

I'm all up for a COMPLETE overhaul but its always far easier to make the manager the scapegoat yet again and to get that  revolving door on spin mode once again.

We all know that just doesn't work.

Its the whole club that needs to be altered and the more I think about Mz @Vesper  thoughts about selling us to Ratcliffe or I'd like for someone like the septic Paul Allan who owns the Seahawks and Portland Trailblazers who has a lot of experience in running (or setting up a board to run) major sports clubs.  He would want to strip us right back and rebuild us. Bring in some of our old lads to try to explain what it means to be Chelsea. Give the club an identity again. Put some pride and passion into the spimeless shitbags!

I just want whats best for us and right now I think it;s hitting the 'restore' button!

history-eraser-button-ren-and-stimpy-car

19 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The fact we are getting exactly the same wild swings in performances under two very different managers in two successive season, therefore pre-dating Sarri’s time here, strongly suggest he’s not solely to blame. 

I kinda understand what Sarri problem is. He is trying to change the way we want to play. We are playing his football until there is a problem (concede goals) and we start playing different way. It happens times and times again this season. This team is just not used to play possession football.

2 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

Rather than worrying about formation. I am more worried about team ability to play possession football. This is the more of a problem. We need more training time

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

Rather than worrying about formation. I am more worried about team ability to play possession football. This is the more of a problem. We need more training time

We have possession, we are just too predictable, easy to defend.

I posted that link because people were comparing Guardiola's and Sarri's first years. Guardiola is flexible, Sarri isn't.

16 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

We have possession, we are just too predictable, easy to defend.

I posted that link because people were comparing Guardiola's and Sarri's first years. Guardiola is flexible, Sarri isn't.

Forget formation that is not important right now. It does not matter if we played 343 or 4231. Sarri is very similar to Guardiola both manager want to play front at the front foot. The bigger difference right now other than City has better player is City is already used to play possession football under pellegrini whereas our player used to play counter attacking football under Mou and Conte. 

Just watch Napoli game under Sarri and understand how the midfield and winger play. 

I honestly think if we change to a more counter attacking way of playing we will play better but what is the point of hiring Sarri 

13 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

This is where people are mistaken. They both like possession football and that's it. This doesn't make them very similar.

They play same formation. Biggest difference besides Pep having better players is midfield Imo. In front of Jorginho we have two DM's in Kante and Kovacic. Pep has two Silva's or KDB in front of Fernandinho and they are very attacking midfielders can even play wingers.  If Pep is here today maybe he would play Willian or Hazard in midfield three. 

20 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

This is where people are mistaken. They both like possession football and that's it. This doesn't make them very similar.

They are actually quite similar. You can say pep is better but their football is actually quite similar. 

If pep is coaching this team he will nightmare. But I know that when he was going to leave Bayern,he is going to go to either Arsenal or City Not us, why? Because we are not suited to possession based manager. That city team has been designed for manager like pep.

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

They play same formation. Biggest difference besides Pep having better players is midfield Imo. In front of Jorginho we have two DM's in Kante and Kovacic. Pep has two Silva's or KDB in front of Fernandinho and they are very attacking midfielders can even play wingers.  If Pep is here today maybe he would play Willian or Hazard in midfield three. 

Hazard cannot play in the midfield. Just watch the amount of running that silva and kdb do for the team. 

11 minutes ago, communicate said:

They are actually quite similar. You can say pep is better but their football is actually quite similar. 

If pep is coaching this team he will nightmare. But I know that when he was going to leave Bayern,he is going to go to either Arsenal or City Not us, why? Because we are not suited to possession based manager. That city team has been designed for manager like pep.

Football isn't just formation and possession. Judging the ability of players, reading opponents, fitness and nutrition programs, leadership, motivational skills, tactical flexibility, experience handling star players, ability to adapt to a new league. I can go on and on.

7 minutes ago, communicate said:

Hazard cannot play in the midfield. Just watch the amount of running that silva and kdb do for the team. 

And that is what Sarri means by Hazard is an individualistic player. Sarri's system cannot survive without runners off the ball, and the attackers (Hazard, Willian and co) need to do more of that so that the midfield can find them with balls on the run not with their backs to goal.