test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Mateo Kovacic

Started by Unionjack,

293 posts in this topic
29 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If this happens I hope it's similar to the Higuain to Milan deal. Small initial loan fee with a bigger obligation to buy fee next summer.

What a super midfield 3 we'd have. 

18m small loan fee?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Watching his highlights on YouTube and my word is he a fantastic footballer. Monster dribbler, superb close control and first touch, and carries the ball very well. You can also see that almost all of the footage is him playing with Real Madrid's second team which is why he wants out reportedly. He wants to play and be an important player rather than a squaddie.

This would be a super signing that would allow us to dominate the middle third of the pitch against the vast majority of opponents.

Yeah.  The highlight reel looks like Golovin's but with the volume turned up to 11.

!Hazard!, kellzfresh and 11Drogba like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting move that’s for sure. If true, these last couple days could really be great transfer wise for us. 

Im still worried how behind we are with Sarri tactics though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AndersonBLUE said:

Interesting move that’s for sure. If true, these last couple days could really be great transfer wise for us. 

Im still worried how behind we are with Sarri tactics though. 

Dont b to worried look when conte took over we was all over the place for a few games then won the league.

the wes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Watching his highlights on YouTube and my word is he a fantastic footballer. Monster dribbler, superb close control and first touch, and carries the ball very well. You can also see that almost all of the footage is him playing with Real Madrid's second team which is why he wants out reportedly. He wants to play and be an important player rather than a squaddie.

This would be a super signing that would allow us to dominate the middle third of the pitch against the vast majority of opponents.

I tend to ignore YouTube highlights. These made Morata look like the second coming.

But I'd wait until more sources confirm that we are after him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this comes off it is a fantastic move for the club. First off, it is clear we have gaps in the midfield that need filling in order to fully adapt to Sarri's way of playing. Passing and ball retention are paramount, with Jorginho we have an ace, with Kante we have a worker ( not sure if he is the ideal fit ), but after them there is a hole. Kovacic on loan gives this board a glimpse of what can be done with a high functioning midfield this year. And if this move allows us to address other needs like goalkeeper and scoring than we are laughing.

On the other hand this pretty much seals the fate of Bakayoko and RLC. I can't see the club carrying Jorginho, Barkley, Kante, RLC, H2O, Kovacic, Bakayoko. 7 for 3 spots is a lot but we also need homegrown players. For this reason I keep Danny, who is utterly useless but too expensive to loan.

Would love to see Oblak or Kepa along with one of Fekir, Zaha or Martial now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

If this comes off it is a fantastic move for the club. First off, it is clear we have gaps in the midfield that need filling in order to fully adapt to Sarri's way of playing. Passing and ball retention are paramount, with Jorginho we have an ace, with Kante we have a worker ( not sure if he is the ideal fit ), but after them there is a hole. Kovacic on loan gives this board a glimpse of what can be done with a high functioning midfield this year. And if this move allows us to address other needs like goalkeeper and scoring than we are laughing.

On the other hand this pretty much seals the fate of Bakayoko and RLC. I can't see the club carrying Jorginho, Barkley, Kante, RLC, H2O, Kovacic, Bakayoko. 7 for 3 spots is a lot but we also need homegrown players. For this reason I keep Danny, who is utterly useless but too expensive to loan.

Would love to see Oblak or Kepa along with one of Fekir, Zaha or Martial now.

:beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the club informed the player of current events, Kovacic returned to training this morning but was kept away from the majority of the first team squad. It appears his next destination will be revealed later today, with Chelsea heavily linked. #CFC #RMCF (Diario SPORT)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

If this comes off it is a fantastic move for the club. First off, it is clear we have gaps in the midfield that need filling in order to fully adapt to Sarri's way of playing. Passing and ball retention are paramount, with Jorginho we have an ace, with Kante we have a worker ( not sure if he is the ideal fit ), but after them there is a hole. Kovacic on loan gives this board a glimpse of what can be done with a high functioning midfield this year. And if this move allows us to address other needs like goalkeeper and scoring than we are laughing.

On the other hand this pretty much seals the fate of Bakayoko and RLC. I can't see the club carrying Jorginho, Barkley, Kante, RLC, H2O, Kovacic, Bakayoko. 7 for 3 spots is a lot but we also need homegrown players. For this reason I keep Danny, who is utterly useless but too expensive to loan.

Would love to see Oblak or Kepa along with one of Fekir, Zaha or Martial now.

I think you're absolutely right about Bakayoko, if Kovacic comes id expect to see Baka leave on loan or a permanent deal this summer before other leagues windows have closed. I think RLC will stay until at least january then leave on loan if he isnt happy or getting the game time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AndersonBLUE said:

Interesting move that’s for sure. If true, these last couple days could really be great transfer wise for us. 

Im still worried how behind we are with Sarri tactics though. 

Dont worry. Contes tactics are easy to learn but easy for opposition to figure out. Sarri's tactics are harder to learn but when it comes off finally, it will be a thing of beauty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I think you're absolutely right about Bakayoko, if Kovacic comes id expect to see Baka leave on loan or a permanent deal this summer before other leagues windows have closed. I think RLC will stay until at least january then leave on loan if he isnt happy or getting the game time. 

My worry is he's clearly stated he wants to play regularly and he will have that opportunity at Palace. Nobody is going to touch Drinkwater's wages.

akgw13 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure where the goals will come from with a midfield of Kante/Kova/Jorginho though. Barkley suits the no.8 role much more. Also, it would mean again Loftus-Cheek is left in the dark for a loan player from Madrid lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Not sure where the goals will come from with a midfield of Kante/Kova/Jorginho though. Barkley suits the no.8 role much more. Also, it would mean again Loftus-Cheek is left in the dark for a loan player from Madrid lol. 

It's not their fault that we have Willian and Morata upfront. Goals should come from attackers.

BluesMadLad and kellzfresh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, El P. said:

It's not their fault that we have Willian and Morata upfront. Goals should come from attackers.

Am hoping hazard really adapts to this attacking style of play and gets bags of goals because what I seen of morata so far he couldn't score in 90 mins with an open net.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.