test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Mateo Kovacic

Started by Unionjack,

293 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, El P. said:

One more thing - he could play at DMF role  sometimes, if Jorgi is not available. He is not optimal there, but still a lot better than Fabregas. So, we could play Kovačić - Kante - Barkley / RLC, why not? We have EPL, CC, FAC, EL to play, there will be chances for all. We just need to offload Drinkayoko.

Barkley or RLC could also fill sometimes at "wingers" positions, being false wingers. Both have enough speed to play that and have played that in past.

This.

If Jorginho is unavailable then Kovacic can step into his position. This will do nicely and missing out on Golovin also worked out quite well!

Supermonkey92 and kellzfresh like this

10 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

It would be a very good sign. But, he scored only 1 goal during his 3 years at RM, right? So, we would have to rely on Morata to score? 

one league goal yes. although feeding Ronaldo would have been his main job..Ronaldo would even knock his own players out of the way to get a shot in. I`d expect him to score a few more with us although he only scored 1 goal in 46 caps for Croatia too. he has scored I believe 23 goals in all during his pro career. 

we`ll boss the midfield with him Kante and Jorginho. we`ll just have to see where the goals come from when Sarri has the squad up to speed.  

BXL70 likes this

3 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

one league goal yes. although feeding Ronaldo would have been his main job..Ronaldo would even knock his own players out of the way to get a shot in. I`d expect him to score a few more with us although he only scored 1 goal in 46 caps for Croatia too. he has scored I believe 23 goals in all during his pro career. 

we`ll boss the midfield with him Kante and Jorginho. we`ll just have to see where the goals come from when Sarri has the squad up to speed.  

His time in Croatia is a bit fucked up. He is great player, but Modrić and Rakitić were better so he didn't really have a chance to shine. I remember a lot of times coaches puting him and Modrić at midfield-two, and Rakitić in front of them. And a lot of time he came off the bench, like on this last WC.

I mean, he may not be the best of goalscorers, but with some tweaks, with consistency and being most advanced midfielder - he could improve it.

The option to buy is paramount but just having him to showcase what is possible with a complete midfield is also a must. Even if we don’t secure him after a successful loan, the board will see how important it is to have a player like that in the fold. Either way we will get someone else if this doesn’t work.

I’m engorged right now.

Johnnyeye, akgw13 and Sideshow Luiz like this

Looking long termly - Real will for sure buy a midfielder in Mateos' mould thi summer - Modrić is getting older too. Alcantara or Pjanić I suppose. So next year they will have Casemiro - Alcantara - Isco in midfield. No place for Mateo and BANG, he is ours FOREVER!

Gonna be a stressful wait for the confirmation of both transfers now ala Jorginho.

Get your bags to breathe into near by, gonna be a tense few hours :P

Johnnyeye likes this

Really, I do not care about the buy-out close. I just want to see this player with us, if only one year - anything can happen within one year. I am more concerned about our strikers. If we cannot score, whatever the midfield, we are dead. 

Johnnyeye and kellzfresh like this

50 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Happy to see there is an option to purchase at the end of the loan. Puts us in a wonderful position

Where has this been confirmed?

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Where has this been confirmed?

Nothing is confirmed until its official but Angelo Mangiante & Standard Sport written by Simon Johnson both mention it. I think it will probably be around 55-60m option. But nothing is ever confirmed until Chelsea announce officially. 

Johnnyeye, Strike and DDA like this