test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

xPetrCechx

Alisson Becker

Started by xPetrCechx,

362 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I am not at all bothetee by Courtois leaving but Alisson is way to expensive. I was very aggravated seeing Leno go to Arsenal. But i would also have Areola, Trapp, Ulreich over Alisson as they would cost a fraction 60m for a goalie is madness 

Fully agree. When I see teams like United linked with £100m for DDG it is utter madness. Keepers will make good saves but they will always concede. They are not magicians. For instance if I was United and I got £90m or over for DDG, I would accept it straight away. Alisson might be a good keeper but he will be beaten. Paying over £50-60m for any keeper imo is just crazy. There are many very good keepers we can get, like you said for half that price. Although Liverpool need a new keeper I can fully understand why they opted out paying the £80m quoted for him. Ridiculous money.

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I am not at all bothetee by Courtois leaving but Alisson is way to expensive. I was very aggravated seeing Leno go to Arsenal. But i would also have Areola, Trapp, Ulreich over Alisson as they would cost a fraction 60m for a goalie is madness 

Yes, 60m or more is indeed madness if it were on its own. But it's not bad at all if we get a large sum by selling Courtois.

Plus, it's worth it alone to move for Alisson so we won't have to hear Tibo's whiny mouth every other week about wanting to return to Spain.

sLOVEnian Blue, DDA and Dimitr like this

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yes, 60m or more is indeed madness if it were on its own. But it's not bad at all if we get a large sum by selling Courtois.

Plus, it's worth it alone to move for Alisson so we won't have to hear Tibo's whiny mouth every other week about wanting to return to Spain.

Even if we get 80m for tc its like the matic drinkwater deals spending most of a good sum for an inferior player. We should invest the courtois money in a rw

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Even if we get 80m for tc its like the matic drinkwater deals spending most of a good sum for an inferior player. We should invest the courtois money in a rw

Thing is, I don't consider him inferior. He has kept Ederson out of the Brazil team and we saw last season what a weapon Ederson was for City. Alisson provides that same threat and Tibo doesn't. 

Would be nice to have our keeper position settled for years with a ball playing goalie.

Dimitr likes this

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Thing is, I don't consider him inferior. He has kept Ederson out of the Brazil team and we saw last season what a weapon Ederson was for City. Alisson provides that same threat and Tibo doesn't. 

Would be nice to have our keeper position settled for years with a ball playing goalie.

This 100%, a ball playing goalie that also has everything in his locker too.

Dimitr likes this

I`m not even gonna judge how good Courtois is if other players are better or not..he wants to leave so it`s a case of transfer fee this year or keep him for one more year and the club loses a hefty transfer fee. the year ahead may very well turn out to be a transition year,keeping him just for the upcoming season may turn out to be a major waste when we could be blooding his successor.

Leno was mentioned earlier..for me the best value signing of this window so far. would have been happy with him joining us instead,especially at that price.

Personally for me, if Courtois goes for around 50 million pounds and we sign Alisson for 60 million pounds, I see it is paying 10 million extra for an equally good goalkeeper, if not better and more importantly, tying that position down under a contract of 5 years from now, rather than 12 months. 

I'm not too bothered if it's Courtois we have or Alisson tbh.

Artandur, kellzfresh, Dimitr and 1 other like this

Think if/when Courtois goes, we will throw money at this deal.  Might even try get the groundwork done before Courtois leaves (if).

This assumption from Liverpool fans that he would pick then simply due to CL is nonsense.  If he came here it'd be a 5 year deal, of course we would qualify for the CL in that time frame. So no, he isn't 'giving up' the CL -  If he signed a one year deal then yes, the CL factor would make sense. lol

Deluded sods

Dimitr likes this

Would be super annoying to miss out on him to Liverpool. Pretty much the only thing they need to be considered co-favorites for the league for me is a top keeper. They're sorted in every other area of their team.

We'll probably then have to settle for Butland.

Italian based journalist Alessandro Austini has admitted Liverpool are in pole position to sign Roma goalkeeper Alisson Becker this summer.

Roma have an agreement in place to sign goalkeeper Alphonse Areola from Paris Saint-Germain this summer, if Alisson leaves, according to Premium Sport.

Once we speak to TBO and asked him to sign again, if he doesn't - we will go in big. Even if we don't sell TBO this window, I doubt we will let Allison go anywhere else. 

51 minutes ago, the wes said:

Italian based journalist Alessandro Austini has admitted Liverpool are in pole position to sign Roma goalkeeper Alisson Becker this summer.

Bit random but funny seeing your avatar Wes my mate used to really hate Kevin Wilson . We got on the pitch after a pre season game against Brentford and we asked Kevin Wilson for his shirt he said he couldn't the club wouldn't allow it he looked petrified of us ha ha.

45 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Bit random but funny seeing your avatar Wes my mate used to really hate Kevin Wilson . We got on the pitch after a pre season game against Brentford and we asked Kevin Wilson for his shirt he said he couldn't the club wouldn't allow it he looked petrified of us ha ha.

Lmao he wasn't the greatest player like he was shit for northern ireland 😂😂 but I remember him scoring alot of goals for us in the old 2nd division with Gordon durie and Kerry Dixon some the guys on this forum haven't a clue how shit we use to be in them days 😂😂😂

Iggy Doonican likes this

Alfredo Pedulla is reporting that Liverpool have admitted defeat to us in signing Allison. Apparently they are moving on to Barca goalkeeper Cillessen. 

Just get this big nosed loud mouth out of CFC, he’s doing my head in, got far too much confidence for such a mediocre season just gone. 

10 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Alfredo Pedulla is reporting that Liverpool have admitted defeat to us in signing Allison. Apparently they are moving on to Barca goalkeeper Cillessen. 

Just get this big nosed loud mouth out of CFC, he’s doing my head in, got far too much confidence for such a mediocre season just gone. 

source?