Alisson Becker

12 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Market, Rome-Chelsea agreement for Alisson: 73 million euro deal

The player's entourage is in constant contact with the boy who would have already accepted the 5.5 million season contract offered by the Abramovich club

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.forzaroma.info/calciomercato-as-roma/mercato-accordo-roma-chelsea-per-alisson-affare-da-73-milioni-di-euro/&prev=search

I still have my doubts we are willing to pay, but money issues aside, If we manage to secure him this would be a massive get along with Sarri. Would fit like a glove, he seems more along the lines of De Gea-esque shot stopper, very agile, quick reflexes and strong hands. Say what you will about Chelsea and the striker position, the one position we have always been world class in since Roman is Goalkeeper.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazilian goalkeeper Alisson is on his way to Chelsea after the Blues agreed to meet Roma's £64.5m valuation, according to a report.

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/transfer-talk/news/chelsea-reach-alisson-agreement-with-roma_329900.html

Living in dream land unfortunately, while this would be a big statement from the club, I can't see it happening. We are not the kind of club that is going to be doubling the world record transfer fee for a goalkeeper.

I would love for us to get this over the line and get rid of Tibo after his antics the last couple of years, he's just not that good. While I like the fact "important" players can maybe persuade the board to invest more, our future is up in the air partly because of him. I don't even think he'll end up at Real, only reason people are sniffing around is because he will be cheap.

No doubt. If this is true, it would be a massive statement from the club but we've been penny pinching for a while now, all of a sudden we are massively outbidding Real Madrid ?

3 hours ago, dreamcfc said:

Living in dream land unfortunately, while this would be a big statement from the club, I can't see it happening. We are not the kind of club that is going to be doubling the world record transfer fee for a goalkeeper.

I would love for us to get this over the line and get rid of Tibo after his antics the last couple of years, he's just not that good. While I like the fact "important" players can maybe persuade the board to invest more, our future is up in the air partly because of him. I don't even think he'll end up at Real, only reason people are sniffing around is because he will be cheap.

We wouldn't gross spend wise, but if Tibo's funding most of it then it's a different ball game.

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We wouldn't gross spend wise, but if Tibo's funding most of it then it's a different ball game.

Tibo will go for peanuts, he’s on his last year and isn’t looking likely to sign a new deal. Honestly, if he were half way through a contract and commanding 60m+ fees I doubt many clubs would be interested (unless Belgium win the World Cup lol)

34 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

Tibo will go for peanuts, he’s on his last year and isn’t looking likely to sign a new deal. Honestly, if he were half way through a contract and commanding 60m+ fees I doubt many clubs would be interested (unless Belgium win the World Cup lol)

Why wouldn't they? He may have a shit personality (from what he lets you see on camera) but he's a bloody good keeper.

He will probably command about £40m still which will mean for all intents and purposes Alisson will cost £20-30m which is pretty standard.

A transfer triangle if you believe what you read...Tibo wants out, Madrid need a keeper, Becker is commanding a bigger club and more money....Madrid cash for Tibo allows us to pay for Allison.

This isn't beyond any realms of dreams that we could get Alisson, the Tibo cash goes a long way to getting the keeper we want/need.

23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Why wouldn't they? He may have a shit personality (from what he lets you see on camera) but he's a bloody good keeper.

He will probably command about £40m still which will mean for all intents and purposes Alisson will cost £20-30m which is pretty standard.

I'm sorry I just don't rate him that highly, he's been nothing but a consistently average keeper for me, not saying he's bad or terrible, he just does the job he should.. the hype was due to us thinking we had a stable keeper for the next decade, instead he's in the news every year saying he wants to go to real madrid. He's never had a standout season with us, compare with De Gea who's had many and won half the trophies.

6 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

I'm sorry I just don't rate him that highly, he's been nothing but a consistently average keeper for me, not saying he's bad or terrible, he just does the job he should.. the hype was due to us thinking we had a stable keeper for the next decade, instead he's in the news every year saying he wants to go to real madrid. He's never had a standout season with us, compare with De Gea who's had many and won half the trophies.

De Gea's as overrated as they come, great shot stopper but people bang on like he's Lev Yashin.

Many times in both title winning season's Tibo kept his concentration up to make that one save after ages of inactivity, that's probably the most crucial skill at the top level for a keeper.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Well, DiMarzio said we had already rejected a bid for Tbo in the region of 40 million pounds. Other reports say we are looking to get 50 million for him. If we do get this much, it'd be a good deal considering he has less than 12 months left.

10 hours ago, dreamcfc said:

No doubt. If this is true, it would be a massive statement from the club but we've been penny pinching for a while now, all of a sudden we are massively outbidding Real Madrid ?

Penny pinching for years, then suddenly paying £60-70m for a goalkeeper makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. And don't get this wrong, I would absolutely love to have Alisson here.

However, as things stand I still think it's more likely that we'll sell Courtois for £60m and then buy Schmeichel or Cillessen for £20-30m.

Hell no , i'd rather pinch pennies and get the best homegrown keeper out there , and spend the silly money on cm/dm , wingers, strikers et etc ,and taking up slots with 3 keepers non-homegrown is quite simple ...wrong !!! but then so much wrong at CFC wtf . Funk it Donald Trump nxt manager!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You