No idea what you mean

But been on it all day so probably not your fault 

I don't think I can simplify it more than that. :D

Have a sound sleep and we'll get back to this tomorrow 

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a great goalkeeper, but at the end of the day, it is the least important position on the pitch. There are plenty of keepers who are 90% of Tibo and Alisson, who you wouldn't notice a difference with, particularly if they are in form, and end up being at their level. 

I just don't think this is a position where we should spend more than we did for someone like Jorginho in midfield. It all seems a bit ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Thor said:

He is a great goalkeeper, but at the end of the day, it is the least important position on the pitch. There are plenty of keepers who are 90% of Tibo and Alisson, who you wouldn't notice a difference with, particularly if they are in form, and end up being at their level. 

I just don't think this is a position where we should spend more than we did for someone like Jorginho in midfield. It all seems a bit ridiculous. 

We should be spending that momey on a winger of real quality. 

Agree with above. At that money we should pull out and invest in the best keeper available. 

I would even look to buy Keylor Navas from Real since he will be losing his spot. Or Smeichel would do too. 

6 hours ago, Thor said:

Do you seriously think that a goalkeeper is the least important position? Having a good goalie between the sticks can earn u 15 points a season alone. If he can get us 15 points in a season then 80 million is a bargain.

14 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Do you seriously think that a goalkeeper is the least important position? Having a good goalie between the sticks can earn u 15 points a season alone. If he can get us 15 points in a season then 80 million is a bargain.

I meant it in the sense of the difference in skill/output makes the least amount of difference on the field. 

If we get a keeper that is 90% as good as Tibo, then we will be fine. 

But I think if you get a midfielder that is 10% worse than Kante, 10% worse than Jorginho, etc... It makes a far bigger difference. 

Keepers will let in shots at the end of the day. Doing the work beforehand to prevent a lot of shots coming towards the goal, and minimising the amount of good shots the opposition gets is far more important. 

Chelsea will always have a top keeper between the sticks. They might not all be as good as Tibo, but I certainly don't think there would be a huge drop off if we had Donnarumma in there instead for example. 

17 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Maurizio Sarri called Alisson to convince him to move to Chelsea. Proposal €6m a year deal. Roma want €70M and expect a Chelsea bid today (@PremiumSportHD)

Amazing @ almost x2 what we might get for Tibo! Should have sold him last season

8 hours ago, Thor said:

I dont think goalkeeper or any other position is the least important position in a team sport.

As far as Goalie goes ask any United fans and they will tell u how important De Gea is over lot of their other players

5 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

He is a great goalkeeper, but at the end of the day, it is the least important position on the pitch.

Well, look at it this way: Take away one on-field player, the team can manage. But take away the goalkeeper and see what happens... So in essence GK is actually the most important position because he has no cover and the team would lose every single game.

11 minutes ago, manpe said:

Well, look at it this way: Take away one on-field player, the team can manage. But take away the goalkeeper and see what happens... So in essence GK is actually the most important position because he has no cover and the team would lose every single game.

Mate, U messed up the quotes ... I was actually scratching my head on the statement which came against my name :) 

BTW nice example.  

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You