test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

xPetrCechx

Alisson Becker

Started by xPetrCechx,

362 posts in this topic

Really think he will end up at liverpool. And if thats the case cba wasting time on deadwood we need other options.

How in the world Alisson can be more expensive than Thibo? I mean, Thibo is playing for 5 years on very good, sometimes excellent level. And now, this guy comes with one great season under his belt and what, he's worth 70 milions? And recently - World Cup golden glove, lol.

We should be profiting from this deal, not losing money.

Also, Thibo has only 26 years, only year more than this guy.

3 minutes ago, El P. said:

How in the world Alisson can be more expensive than Thibo? I mean, Thibo is playing for 5 years on very good, sometimes excellent level. And now, this guy comes with one great season under his belt and what, he's worth 70 milions? And recently - World Cup golden glove, lol.

We should be profiting from this deal, not losing money.

Also, Thibo has only 26 years, only year more than this guy.

Tibo Contract until 30.06.2019
Alisson Contract until 30.06.2021

That's where the prices come from. That + them knowing us and pool are desperate, while Tibo is desperate to leave.

We're either going to steam in and agree a fee from nowhere from Alisson.  Or a left field surprise.

Twitter is funny tonight, Liverpool fans are absolutely convinced Alisson would never choose us over them as they're far superior,  yet at the same time; are panicking like fuck that we will bid.

Why care if he's definitely choosing you Dippers?

Just now, manpe said:

Tibo Contract until 30.06.2019
Alisson Contract until 30.06.2021

That's where the prices come from. That + them knowing us and pool are desperate, while Tibo is desperate to leave.

Oh fuck me, forgot about that. We are screwed.

Roma haven't accepted a bid have they?  I aint seen anything.

I would not be surprised if they are waiting for us knowing we are letting Courtois go

Dimitr likes this

7 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Roma haven't accepted a bid have they?  I aint seen anything.

I would not be surprised if they are waiting for us knowing we are letting Courtois go

They haven't. It seems they want 65 + 15 million in bonuses while Liverpool have offered 70.

If Chelsea want him really, they have to act and now.

17 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

They haven't. It seems they want 65 + 15 million in bonuses while Liverpool have offered 70.

If Chelsea want him really, they have to act and now.

At 80m we should pull out. He is a GK FFS and he is barely more than flavour of the month. when we can get a goalie who is maybe 10% worse but costs 80% less then it is a good deal and of those goalies there are plenty.

Stats likes this

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

At 80m we should pull out. He is a GK FFS and he is barely more than flavour of the month. when we can get a goalie who is maybe 10% worse but costs 80% less then it is a good deal and of those goalies there are plenty.

It's in Euros. So say about 71 million pounds

The value being quoted is too much for a GK, I agree.

9 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Schmeicle would do lovely for 1/4 the price 

1/4th is a bit too optimistic. More like half. 

Also, it'll be important as to what we do with the money saved. Buying an absolutely average 35 million player would be a no go. 

5 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

1/4th is a bit too optimistic. More like half. 

Also, it'll be important as to what we do with the money saved. Buying an absolutely average 35 million player would be a no go. 

No idea what you mean

But been on it all day so probably not your fault 

2 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

No idea what you mean

But been on it all day so probably not your fault 

I don't think I can simplify it more than that. :D

Have a sound sleep and we'll get back to this tomorrow 

ulsterchelsea likes this

He is a great goalkeeper, but at the end of the day, it is the least important position on the pitch. There are plenty of keepers who are 90% of Tibo and Alisson, who you wouldn't notice a difference with, particularly if they are in form, and end up being at their level. 

I just don't think this is a position where we should spend more than we did for someone like Jorginho in midfield. It all seems a bit ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Thor said:

He is a great goalkeeper, but at the end of the day, it is the least important position on the pitch. There are plenty of keepers who are 90% of Tibo and Alisson, who you wouldn't notice a difference with, particularly if they are in form, and end up being at their level. 

I just don't think this is a position where we should spend more than we did for someone like Jorginho in midfield. It all seems a bit ridiculous. 

We should be spending that momey on a winger of real quality. 

Strike likes this

Agree with above. At that money we should pull out and invest in the best keeper available. 

I would even look to buy Keylor Navas from Real since he will be losing his spot. Or Smeichel would do too. 

2 hours ago, Valdo said:

Where are Turnbull and Hilario when you need them. :cig:

Hilario is still around though :) also Cudicini. Wouldn't mind Cech back as well, maybe as a backup. Good old days.

Valdo likes this

6 hours ago, Thor said:

Do you seriously think that a goalkeeper is the least important position? Having a good goalie between the sticks can earn u 15 points a season alone. If he can get us 15 points in a season then 80 million is a bargain.

14 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Do you seriously think that a goalkeeper is the least important position? Having a good goalie between the sticks can earn u 15 points a season alone. If he can get us 15 points in a season then 80 million is a bargain.

I meant it in the sense of the difference in skill/output makes the least amount of difference on the field. 

If we get a keeper that is 90% as good as Tibo, then we will be fine. 

But I think if you get a midfielder that is 10% worse than Kante, 10% worse than Jorginho, etc... It makes a far bigger difference. 

Keepers will let in shots at the end of the day. Doing the work beforehand to prevent a lot of shots coming towards the goal, and minimising the amount of good shots the opposition gets is far more important. 

Chelsea will always have a top keeper between the sticks. They might not all be as good as Tibo, but I certainly don't think there would be a huge drop off if we had Donnarumma in there instead for example. 

Unionjack, BluesMadLad and Strike like this