Daniele Rugani

Unionjack

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If true, I wonder which of our CB positions he competes for. 

Competing with Christensen as Azpi would move back to right back... He could be nail on starter as times goes on due to prior understanding of Sarriball and lack of ball playing abilities in Cahill and Zouma... While Luiz could be sold... 

Good player and maybe a Sarri choice but again why when we have got Zouma, Christensen, Luiz, Cahill, Rudiger and also Azpi who could comfortably play there? If we play with a back 4, we will need 4 CBs at least I realize but we have 6 now if this guy is here. Cahill is club captain and I doubt Sarri comes in and sells him on straight away. Especially considering he is a better player in a back 4 than a back 3, which makes me think Luiz and Zouma are goners. 

Just now, Cosmin said:

Zouma's back? I don't think he'll stay, though. 

Probably not which is a shame because he has all the tools to be a top CB still. Technically he improved at Stoke as well but I suppose they were a train wreck defensively. 

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

What do you mean? The left or right spot?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Yeah. Wonder if we'd play two very young ball players in Rugani and Christensen together or if Rüdi will always have to play alongside one of them. For me, Rüdiger is far too good to be benched.

We have Christensen, Rudiger and Zouma plus Cahill needs to be part of the CB band (obviously he shouldnt be a starter but can provide depth) ... Rugani would be a luxury unless we are offloading Zouma and dropping Christensen or Rudiger from the starting 11. 

P.S: I havent seen Rugani play so wouldnt comment what he brings but my thinking is that we already have 3 strong young defenders who can be trusted and maybe we might not have to think abt defenders in the near future. 

5 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

We have Christensen, Rudiger and Zouma plus Cahill needs to be part of the CB band (obviously he shouldnt be a starter but can provide depth) ... Rugani would be a luxury unless we are offloading Zouma and dropping Christensen or Rudiger from the starting 11. 

P.S: I havent seen Rugani play so wouldnt comment what he brings but my thinking is that we already have 3 strong young defenders who can be trusted and maybe we might not have to think abt defenders in the near future. 

Zouma won't be at the club this season, be it loan or sale(with buy back hopefully) Cahill is depth. Christensen had bright spots last year but also some faults, we have lots of games this year. Rugani is comfortable in a tough to play Sarri system, he will help with the learning curve while giving us a young potentially stud CB. Moving forward with Christensen,Rudiger,Rugani is a solid 3 man rotation at the moment. Deal is getting done and its far more important than a luxury, in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Zouma won't be at the club this season, be it loan or sale(with buy back hopefully) Cahill is depth. Christensen had bright spots last year but also some faults, we have lots of games this year. Rugani is comfortable in a tough to play Sarri system, he will help with the learning curve while giving us a young potentially stud CB. Moving forward with Christensen,Rudiger,Rugani is a solid 3 man rotation at the moment. Deal is getting done and its far more important than a luxury, in my opinion.

Honestly doesnt make any sense to let go of Zouma who right now has made a mark in the PL same goes with Christensen (he will keep improving) and Rudigier however Rugani is still unknown in the PL and . Hence I consider him as a luxury right now specially when we have 3 strong CBs and it is high time we start trusting the young guns. 

40 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Honestly doesnt make any sense to let go of Zouma who right now has made a mark in the PL same goes with Christensen (he will keep improving) and Rudigier however Rugani is still unknown in the PL and . Hence I consider him as a luxury right now specially when we have 3 strong CBs and it is high time we start trusting the young guns. 

Its not a knock on Zouma as a player, i quite like him. But he isn't HG and has never played a style even remotely close to Sarri. He doesn't have the passing range or comfort on the ball(at the moment) to play it. He was fine on loan last season but not so good that we must bring him back. if he were HG I would be all for it, but we have a limit on our roster and at this moment Zouma isn't good enough to demand a place. of course Rugani is unknown in the PL, but he is known to Sarri. He is a player the club has looked at, fits our buying model (young with resale) and a managers choice, very rarely do those 3 align. I think we will run with 4 cb's Christensen/Rudiger/Rugani/Cahill (2 HG, 2 Non HG) with Azpi as CB cover along with under 21 youths if need be.  

1 minute ago, blues.bridge said:

you overestimate Jorginho, how many games have you watched him play? £65B is too much for is skills!

I don't think you can look at that price tag alone, it seems he might be the key to unlocking Sarri and he is integral for his system. I agree alone Jorginho is not worth that amount, but when everything is considered if this is the direction chelsea want to take forward that sum of money will be more than worth it. 

30 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

you overestimate Jorginho, how many games have you watched him play? £65B is too much for is skills!

if we stick to 35-40m players, we will continue getting drinkwater and yoko standard

1 hour ago, akgw13 said:

Its not a knock on Zouma as a player, i quite like him. But he isn't HG and has never played a style even remotely close to Sarri. He doesn't have the passing range or comfort on the ball(at the moment) to play it. He was fine on loan last season but not so good that we must bring him back. if he were HG I would be all for it, but we have a limit on our roster and at this moment Zouma isn't good enough to demand a place. of course Rugani is unknown in the PL, but he is known to Sarri. He is a player the club has looked at, fits our buying model (young with resale) and a managers choice, very rarely do those 3 align. I think we will run with 4 cb's Christensen/Rudiger/Rugani/Cahill (2 HG, 2 Non HG) with Azpi as CB cover along with under 21 youths if need be.  

I dont quite agree ... but I surely respect your opinion. 

My 2 cents are: 

For me, we havent really worried abt the HG thing ... you can see from the amount of English players we have on the team. Zouma has been more than decent last season and has made progress specially after that injury. It is time that he is shown the trust and faith and then take a call else we will be going back in all probability with a huge valuation to buy him back. More importantly I feel he is someone who will learn and at 23 he surely has age at his side to adapt to any style. 

Also I dont buy the entire premise that a player will fit because Sarri knows him (Conte knew Morata :) ... look what we got ) ... If Sarri or any manager for that matter is good then they will make the best of what they have because thats where we're heading today ... Club buying players rather than Managers. 

1 minute ago, coolhead23 said:

Thats what the rumor was ongoing that Conte wanted to work with Morata at Juventus. 

Yes, but he resigned 4 days before Morata was signed. Rugani played 2(?) seasons for Sarri, not comparable.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You