Daniele Rugani

Unionjack

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

None of our CBs are very comfortable on the ball and its a pivotal position in a Sarri team. AC is about the best and he showed his weaknesses last year

I'm wondering how he will get on with Ampadu. Hes in the Perth crew.

I would prefer us getting KK but more than happy too let Sarri have Rugani who wont need to be trained to the new system.

I think some of us are forgetting just how different that Napoli plays to our creeping along,slow build up then big boot up front we play sometimes.

The main players need to be technically quick thinkers,passers. Comfortable on the ball. We dont have many at all like this.

Or am I wrong?

AC, Rüdiger and Luiz are all at least as comfortable on the ball as Rugani . One misplaced pass by AC does not change that. People make Rugani as if he was the second coming of Xavi. From what i have seen he is solid on the ball but mothing special. Like most of our cbs he can pinpoint long passes under no pressure but hoofs the ball out or passes bacj tonthe goalie when under pressure. About Average ability on the ball for a modern cb IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

AC, Rüdiger and Luiz are all at least as comfortable on the ball as Rugani . One misplaced pass by AC does not change that. People make Rugani as if he was the second coming of Xavi. From what i have seen he is solid on the ball but mothing special. Like most of our cbs he can pinpoint long passes under no pressure but hoofs the ball out or passes bacj tonthe goalie when under pressure. About Average ability on the ball for a modern cb IMO. 

We will have to beg to differ on this one bud ;)

36 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He's been playing for Juventus, so if he does hoof the ball out, then it's no surprise. It's not like Allegri sets his team up in the mould of Pep or Sarri. It's like us under Conte or Mourinho, if you don't have the players around you who are comfortable on the ball or in possession, or in a system which encourages players to play that way, you could have the best ball playing CB ever and he would still hoof the ball under pressure. 

3 hours ago, Azpinator said:

If the club actually had time to be imaginative then I'd agree with you. The whole purpose of the Sarri connection signings is to implement his ideas into our team rather quickly with less than a month remaining to the start of the season.

To be fair, they had plenty of time but decided to f**k things up over his release fee and Conte's compensation. I doubt signing 3 Sarri players is gonna quicken the learning process. 

20 hours ago, the wes said:

Re-watch last season matches away to newcastle away to Watford and home to burnley Away to bournemouth aswell tells you we do need a new CB the likes of cahill and Luiz need to go 

There still is Cristensen, Zouma, Rudiger and Azpilicueta. Again, the last thing the current squad needs is another CB.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

To be fair, they had plenty of time but decided to f**k things up over his release fee and Conte's compensation. I doubt signing 3 Sarri players is gonna quicken the learning process. 

It will probably take time to nail Sarriball on a consistent basis but im hoping we see the fruits of his labour here and there straight away. Look at when Liverpool appointed Klopp, came in during the season and within weeks smashed City at The Ethiad.

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

There still is Cristensen, Zouma, Rudiger and Azpilicueta. Again, the last thing the current squad needs is another CB.

I doubt Azpi will be playing CB this season I think sarri will play him as a right back 

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

Zouma doesn't have the ball playing skills to play in Sarri's system. Azpi will be our RB. 

I expect Rugani to come in and 1 of Luiz/Cahill to go. 

12 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Or even better 

No One  Anywhere FC  0m 

because we have more than enough cbs already

We only have (top quality) Christensen, Rudiger, and then a 17 year old Ampadu.

Azpi is going to be the full time RB I am sure, unless we also splurge and get one of the following RB's (IN NO ORDER): (all this also assumes we are going to also sell Zappacosta back to an Italian club and TBH, every player I list from here on is better than Zappacosta and better than Moses)

1 and 2.      Sergi Roberto or Nélson Semedo of Barca (only way one would come (and I prefer Roberto) is if we sold Azpi to Barca and demanded one plus cash (or straight swap). Roberto doesn't like playing fullback (even though he is SUPERB at it, only behind Kimmich IMHO), and he is promised a MF role again, so no way he wants to come here anyway.

3.     Elseid Hysaj (no way Napoli lets him go and we have a no-raid agreement with De Laurentiis due to Sarri signing

4.      Sime Vrsaljko THIS I could go for, i watched him a lot at Atletico Madrid, and he excelled in the WC too. Bomber on right and great at track-backs as well.

5.     Djibril Sidibé  formed dipped last year from previous seasons, and he was hurt, so lost his place on French team to Pavard (a natural CB who played great at RB in the WC). Iam jittery about anymore defensive players from Monaco after Bakayoko nightmare.

6     Benjamin Pavard (a clone of Azpi in that he can swing from CB to to RB with ease, plus is 6 years younger than Azpi. would be the best overall signing on my list, all in all (assuming no Roberto, and probably even then, as we need a swing CB/RB FAR more than a MF/RB swing player if we lose Azpi)

7     Benjamin Henrichs (if Azpi stays we should sell Moses (we will never get more for him) and buy this 21 year old. He has tremendous upside, and needs a change of scenery Bayer, his team just dropped a tonne (for them) on new RB too, Mitchell Weiser from Hertha Berlin, so Heinrichs should not be that hard to prise away.

Wild card   Hugo Mallo of Celta Vigo, GREAT RB, their captain, clutch player, great leader, 27 (just turned), BUT I truly do not think he would leave his almost hometown team (he is Galician, born and raised near Vigo) He is one of those unknown outside of Spain superb players who gets lost in the Big 3 glow.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, all that said

YES we need another CB for sure, absolutely, especially if Azpi is sold to Barca (they would deffo prefer him to Semedo, of that I am sure).

Cahill and Luiz are shit at this point sell them both ASAP!

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

It will probably take time to nail Sarriball on a consistent basis but im hoping we see the fruits of his labour here and there straight away. Look at when Liverpool appointed Klopp, came in during the season and within weeks smashed City at The Ethiad.

You're right about that...

Its more about sustaining that type of football rather than how long it takes to switch to it. The Chelsea teams have been weirdly malleable over different seasons. We didn't take too long to switch to an attacking brand of football under Scolari/AVB. 

The key is to discover the balance and maintain performance against all the different teams we are going to encounter during the season.

The official offer has arrived, and how. For Daniele Rugani Chelsea goes over the roof: 55 million (euro), a huge figure, confirming that in England there are no problems if they have to invest for a central defender. There are many examples, Rugani is not an exception, but it represents the rule. Chelsea wants at all costs the '94 class, has prepared a four-year contract for over five million (euros) per season. Possible that the defender gets on Monday on the plane that will bring Juve on tour, New York headquarters. But the negotiations with Chelsea for Rugani are proceeding ever faster.

That's way too much money for a non-established, still relatively unproven CB. Unless the club feels like he's going to be absolutely world class then I'm puzzled as to why we're going so hard after him. And if he's so good, why aren't other top clubs chasing him?

Also, for this kind of money are we really going to rotate him? This is the price you pay for someone to slot right in. Yet we have Rüdiger and Christensen. Not to mention Luiz looking fully fit again and not really looking likely to leave at the moment.

1 hour ago, Marvin123 said:

The official offer has arrived, and how. For Daniele Rugani Chelsea goes over the roof: 55 million (euro), a huge figure, confirming that in England there are no problems if they have to invest for a central defender. There are many examples, Rugani is not an exception, but it represents the rule. Chelsea wants at all costs the '94 class, has prepared a four-year contract for over five million (euros) per season. Possible that the defender gets on Monday on the plane that will bring Juve on tour, New York headquarters. But the negotiations with Chelsea for Rugani are proceeding ever faster.

So, we desperately want Rugani but only gonna offer him, who is only 23 years old, a 4-year-deal? Convincing.

the fee's getting a bit ridiculous for a player that no one is convinced that we need.

Think we are at a point where Sarri must be really pushing for him. Good to see us going for his targets, but there has to be a line.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You