Anthony Martial

Unionjack

26 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I actually liked the thought of Battersea too as rebuilding the bridge is just so impractical even tho it would be amazing to be able to do it

One say maybe. But right now maybe our priority should be on the pitch.

The stadium will work itself out, agreed, I barely have given it a thought since Roman yanked the plans.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anthony Martial and Simon Mignolet headline players who wish they'd moved clubs

http://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3623068/anthony-martial-and-simon-mignolet-headline-players-who-wish-theyd-moved-clubs

The summer transfer window has also officially closed in Europe, but there are 10 notable players stuck in the Premier League who might wish they had found a move. Nick Miller runs down those who will be counting down the days until January.

SNIP

4. Victor Moses, MF, Chelsea

If you suggest footballers deserve sympathy, then you'll frequently get quite short shrift, but sometimes it is worth dwelling on the fragility of their positions. In Antonio Conte's 3-4-3 system, Victor Moses -- previously a fourth-choice winger -- had carved himself a niche as a wing-back and performed very well in that role. Now, with Mauricio Sarri's 4-3-3, he's back to being that winger behind quite a few other players in the queue for a first-team place. Perhaps this will change. After all, who saw him becoming that wing-back in the first place when Conte arrived? But at the moment, that seems optimistic.

3. Tom Heaton, GK, Burnley

Perhaps they were distracted by the early stages of the Europa League, but Burnley's summer didn't seem to make much sense. They didn't make a signing until the last week of the transfer window, and that was to bring in Joe Hart after Nick Pope suffered an injury. That felt a bit like buying a new shirt because a button fell off an old one, particularly as Tom Heaton was returning from his own injury. That leaves Heaton, who might well have gone to the World Cup had he not missed much of last season, in a curious position: seemingly second-choice now and presumably third when Pope returns. It's possible he could seek to leave in January.

2. Simon Mignolet, GK, Liverpool

Plenty of people on Merseyside were relieved when Loris Karius left for Besiktas on loan, not least Karius himself. This was a chance for reinvention and for the young German to rebuild his shattered confidence. But while he might not have suffered the same cataclysmic single game as Karius, one would imagine Simon Mignolet's self-belief can't be sky-high after spending much of last season on the bench -- where he's now likely to stay, unless something happens to Alisson Becker. "I find it bizarre that Karius was loaned while I also had options to be loaned," he said recently. It's going to be a long few months until the winter window opens.

1. Anthony Martial, FW, Manchester United

In some respects, Anthony Martial is lucky because he has become a much better player when out of the Manchester United first team than in it. He has become something of a cause celebre for Mourinho sceptics, a great lost talent cast aside at the whims of one manager despite rarely achieving his clear potential on the pitch. Also, if the stories about him signing a new contract against Mourinho's wishes are true, then this might have worked quite nicely for Martial. But it's still difficult to escape the feeling that he would be much happier somewhere else. One suspects we'll be revisiting this situation again soon.

Hands up who reckons that Eddie will veto Maureens veto and will come out with a nice long contract!

Or do we think that theres any possibility whatsoever that Granny (as we dont have a DOF) is keeping in touch with Martial - OR even said hello to him - and told him it would be good for both of us if he joined us in the Jan sales!?

Yes of course its the 1st choice! We got good strikers already. Well they've got potential

5d56e66c52bc62bcf9335272625004d8.gif

Stay Mou STAY!!!

Manchester United star Anthony Martial puts contract talks on hold until he finds out Jose Mourinho’s future

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7196504/anthony-martial-manchester-united-contract-jose-mourinhos/

French winger is reluctant to commit to the club after making just one appearance in the Premier League this season

9 hours ago, Unionjack said:

5d56e66c52bc62bcf9335272625004d8.gif

Stay Mou STAY!!!

Manchester United star Anthony Martial puts contract talks on hold until he finds out Jose Mourinho’s future

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7196504/anthony-martial-manchester-united-contract-jose-mourinhos/

French winger is reluctant to commit to the club after making just one appearance in the Premier League this season

I so hope Sarri and CFC look at Martial and see a striker for us, a Sarriball weapon, and not just a LW that we do not need as long as we have Eden and CHO.

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I so hope Sarri and CFC look at Martial and see a striker for us, a Sarriball weapon, and not just a LW that we do not need as long as we have Eden and CHO.

Well apparently we dont need CHO neither. We would prefer to stick Willian on as sub. c8a5c07d94a633963d6ccc49751b1eb7.gif

MANCHESTER UNITED will NOT sell Anthony Martial because they owe 50 per cent of the profit to Monaco.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/729747/Man-Utd-news-Anthony-Martial-transfer-Chelsea-Tottenham-Premier-League-gossip-Mourinho

martial still hasn't sign that new deal Utd offer him 😮😮😮

2 hours ago, the wes said:

MANCHESTER UNITED will NOT sell Anthony Martial because they owe 50 per cent of the profit to Monaco.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/729747/Man-Utd-news-Anthony-Martial-transfer-Chelsea-Tottenham-Premier-League-gossip-Mourinho

martial still hasn't sign that new deal Utd offer him 😮😮😮

They should let him go for free then.  That way they won't have to pay anything to Monaco.  Simples.

2 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

They should let him go for free then.  That way they won't have to pay anything to Monaco.  Simples.

If he refuses to renew, they lose him on a free in 9 and a half months, July 1, 2019. If they keep Mourinho, I don't see him renewing. Love to see those Manc twats in a sticky wicket. Best case all around for us is Mo doesn't get the sack and ZZ doesn't come in. That pulls Manure out of the Hazard sweepstakes too.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

If he refuses to renew, they lose him on a free in 9 and a half months, July 1, 2019. If they keep Mourinho, I don't see him renewing. Love to see those Manc twats in a sticky wicket. Best case all around for us is Mo doesn't get the sack and ZZ doesn't come in. That pulls Manure out of the Hazard sweepstakes too.

I was under the impression that there was a club option, for another year.

I suspect that either one of Martial or Jose won't be at Utd at the start of the next season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You