test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

Group A - Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay

Started by Jason,

Group A Teams:

1. Russia

2. Saudi Arabia

3. Egypt

4. Uruguay

Discuss the teams, fixtures, results, players and everything related to Group A in here!

what a one sided game, i was bored to death despite the scoreline, some really good goals from Russia, specially the last 2, great strikes. Great start to the World Cup. Tomorrow tough we will be in for a great treat, Portugal-Spain, iberian showdown, it will be a cracker for sure, may the best team win, lets go Portugal. Cheers

RoyalBlues and kellzfresh like this

Dayum, Russia are playing well. 2nd half belongs completely to them. Their striker is a beast, been excellent all game. Salah ananymous, Egypt's worst attacker today. Žirkov been great containing him and going up and down tirelessly.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Salah is playing well, but still a bit below his norm. Cannot ask more from a top player than to try and create changes like he has done. 

Egypt is just too weak to benefit from Salah.

BTW, Russia is only a decent team and will be out as soon as they play somebody (IMO).

heh (Mario) Fernandes, Russia right back is Brazilian and used to play for Gremio in brazil. He did so well back then that got called up for Brazil (don't remember the coach then), but was a no show. Claimed personal problems, and only recently has spoken out about that time: he said he was drinking and partying a lot. * when players and actors say "drinking" it's usually other drugs (esp players bc the routine tests).

1 hour ago, Robguima said:

heh (Mario) Fernandes, Russia right back is Brazilian and used to play for Gremio in brazil. He did so well back then that got called up for Brazil (don't remember the coach then), but was a no show. Claimed personal problems, and only recently has spoken out about that time: he said he was drinking and partying a lot. * when players and actors say "drinking" it's usually other drugs (esp players bc the routine tests).

I always buy him in Football Manager, cheap and develops into an absolute beast. Drinking problems you say? Maybe that's why he moved to Russia :P

Robguima likes this

1 hour ago, manpe said:

I always buy him in Football Manager, cheap and develops into an absolute beast. Drinking problems you say? Maybe that's why he moved to Russia :P

hah yeah he's a pretty good RB in all FMs. Thought he was a bit injury-prone in some of my DBs, esp considering he's never had any problems with injuries. Can play CB too if needed, but not physical enough for CB (he's tall but lanky).

yeah the irony of it wasn't lost on me. Perhaps he graduated from (terrible Brazilian) beer to vodka.

manpe likes this

Russia v Uruguay might be a good game. Got a couple of 'links' to keep an eye on with Vecino and Golovin

But with nothing to play for in that heat it might send us to sleep