test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the wes

Aaron Ramsey

Started by the wes,

62 posts in this topic

Chelsea are ready to pip Liverpool to the £35m signing of Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey before Thursday's deadline reports the Sunday Express.

Just now, the wes said:

Chelsea are ready to pip Liverpool to the £35m signing of Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey before Thursday's deadline reports the Sunday Express.

Why the fuck does Liverpool need another midfielder....

1 minute ago, Polo7 said:

They don't. Made up shite. Doubt we're after him either.

Starman60 likes this

3 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Did Oxlade-Chamberlain not get bad injury last season ? 

39 minutes ago, the wes said:

Did Oxlade-Chamberlain not get bad injury last season ? 

They still have a tonne of options. 

Doesn't look good for Loftus Cheek, Drinkwater or Bakayoko. He could do a job for us though. But we really need to move out the deadweights. On another matter I see us "heavily linked" with Zaha, and Martial in a straight swap for Willian. I could go for that.

I think we are linked with Ramsey because we currently don't have a goalscoring central midfielder. I don't know if he's the best available option.

Honestly, I'd want either him for Lallana to join us and be our attacking central midfielder. But considering Lallana's injury problems, I'd say Ramsey would be really great for us. Has an eye for goal, works hard and we get to weaken the Arse.

jernej93 likes this

Its amazing that he wants a payrise up from £110k a week to £270k

Why Chelsea would be the ideal destination for this £110,000-a-week star and not Man United

https://soccersouls.com/2018/08/28/why-chelsea-would-be-the-ideal-destination-for-this-110000-a-week-star-and-not-man-united/

I just love reading this bit. Lets hope we get allot of players thinking this way

"Chelsea are in the new era of playing football, for which any attack-minded player would jump in to take part. At Manchester United though, the situation is the exact opposite in the sense of playing style and the managerial epidemic".

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Its amazing that he wants a payrise up from £110k a week to £270k

Why Chelsea would be the ideal destination for this £110,000-a-week star and not Man United

https://soccersouls.com/2018/08/28/why-chelsea-would-be-the-ideal-destination-for-this-110000-a-week-star-and-not-man-united/

I just love reading this bit. Lets hope we get allot of players thinking this way

"Chelsea are in the new era of playing football, for which any attack-minded player would jump in to take part. At Manchester United though, the situation is the exact opposite in the sense of playing style and the managerial epidemic".

Ozil is on 350K a week and he hasn't done anything spectacular in a few years for Arsenal (despite his undisputed ability and reputation from previous seasons), so I can see why he'd want a big pay rise. Also Emery has said hes very important to them so it makes sense. I think if we were to eventually work towards getting him it would mean no Kovacic on a perm deal, which for me is not worth it, Ramsey is a good player but Kovacic can be an amazing player (Sarri really likes him too). 

Unionjack and Mufassir08 like this

Little bit torn on this. On one side he'd be phenomenal value, even with a good sized contract. Free transfer for a proven 27 year old would be a steal.

However, he has had injury problems and has been far from his best in the last season or so.

And we are stacked in midfield at the moment. It is our strongest area, not just in quality but depth. If Fabregas leaves in the summer, and we can't strike a deal with Kovacic then there would be a place for him.

However I also wouldn't want a player coming in on big money and expected to play games, blocking the path of Mount into the first team in the next year or two.

Definitely should be considered on a free transfer, but only if gaps appear in our midfield group.

Johnnyeye, akgw13 and Vesper like this

Sell Drinkwater and bring in Ramsey on a free? that is good business and a HG upgrade. Energetic player, comfortable in an attacking system with Arsenal. I would be all for it. 

@Superblue_1986 good point about Mount, but I think he would block RLC even more than he already is. I think Fabregas will move on at the end of his contract and I view Mount as his successor. Would fit right in that highest attacking midfielder role. If we manage to secure Kovacic long term then i think it will be either RLC or Ramsey(if he comes)

Edited by akgw13
addition
Johnnyeye likes this

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

Sell Drinkwater and bring in Ramsey on a free? that is good business and a HG upgrade. Energetic player, comfortable in an attacking system with Arsenal. I would be all for it. 

First part (sell Drinkwater, YES)

Ramsey earns a 

tenor.gif?itemid=4355920

42 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Little bit torn on this. On one side he'd be phenomenal value, even with a good sized contract. Free transfer for a proven 27 year old would be a steal.

Ramsey is 28 in two months 29 days (Boxing Day)

I really detest  him to boot,10 years a goona

Only players who remotely interest me on the goonas are

Mattéo Guendouzi (long range potential as he is only 19yo) (also, we would have 3 WILD-haired players in him, Luiz and Ampadu!!, lolol)

and  a short term striker fix with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (short-term becuase he is 30yo before next season starts (pretty wild hair too, lol)

Image result for Mattéo GuendouziImage result for ethan ampaduImage result for david luizImage result for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Johnnyeye likes this

If Ramsey doesn't sign a new deal soon I can see the gunners selling him in January arsenal never let there players go on a freebie 

Johnnyeye likes this