test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hamilton

Eidur Gudjohnsen Overhead Kick against Leeds

Started by Hamilton,

59 posts in this topic

"Eidur Gudjohnsen has levelled it up for Bolton against Leeds with a penalty three minutes into the second half. That's his first Trotters goal since a 2-2 second-tier play-off draw against Ipswich in 2000."

DYC. and Fulham Broadway like this

You say you love England. At Chelsea you were one of the British Bulldogs weren’t you?

EG: Yes. I was adopted. We were young and stupid. We had a little gang. It was me Frank Lampard, John Terry and Jody Morris. We all hung out together. Whether it was in the dressing room or on the pitch we had a little gang. Not much to say about that really.

Who’s been the best manager you’ve worked under?

EG: It’s Jose Mourinho or Pep Guardiola. There’s not much between them. There just different characters and two different personalities.

Who’s the better laugh out of the two?

EG: Jose was much funnier once you got to know him.

Eidur Gudjohnsen the manager…

EG: Up to now I’ve always said I probably won’t go into management but as you get older and wiser you do have a lot of experience that I might want to bring across to a younger generation or to a team. So who knows.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15120/9639147/eidur-gudjohnsen-bolton-striker-talks-to-tubes-about-life-at-bolton-and-how-much-he-missed-english-football

Wish they asked him more about Chelsea, particularly his partnership with JFH. But I guess he does hold Bolton higher than Chelsea considering the years he spent here.

DYC. likes this

Wish they asked him more about Chelsea, particularly his partnership with JFH. But I guess he does hold Bolton higher than Chelsea considering the years he spent here.

Gudjohnsen is Chelsea, whether he realises it or not.

Gudjohnsen is Chelsea, whether he realises it or not.

Absolutely. I still remember that season where and JFH were in their stride.. Was it 56 goals between them?

Absolutely. I still remember that season where and JFH were in their stride.. Was it 56 goals between them?

Something like that, they were fucking superb them two. Eidur is one of the most natural footballers I have ever seen. That overhead kick against Leeds was a gem, he was a really top footballer was Eidur.

Something like that, they were fucking superb them two. Eidur is one of the most natural footballers I have ever seen. That overhead kick against Leeds was a gem, he was a really top footballer was Eidur.

Yep, a great character too. It was a really bright spell in our history, before Roman Abramovich.. His career didn't go too badly either, Barcelona gave him some trophies to keep as well.

The fact he's still playing & scoring now is brilliant in itself.

Basically cost Bolton the tie the minute he fluffed that header. 2-0 and it was game, set and match. Two minutes later they were down to 10 men. Game of fine margins, ain't it?

Guddy has signed for Shijazhuang Ever Bright (Chinese Super League)

He will always be one of my favourite Chelsea-players, good luck in Asia!

One of my best memories was Eidur Gudjohsen's incredible overhead kick against Leeds. 

It wasn't just a fantastic finish, but the celebration that followed was equally ice cool - which perfectly suited the incredible talent from Iceland.

As a kid I adopted that celebration in all games after that, and Gudjohnsen remains one of my all time heroes. Legend.

I talk about that goal and share the video in my blog below:

http://www.throwbackfootball.com/a-defining-football-celebration/