test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Barcelona 3-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   21 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

340 posts in this topic
So, once we are done with Barcelona, who do we want to play in the next round? Hoping to avoid an English side.
Sevilla would be a nice option

Chelsea U19's beat Real Madrid U19's in Madrid by 4 goals to 2 for Chelsea. Plus Chelsea play with 10 men because of a straight red card given in the 68th minute.

manpe likes this

27 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

So, once we are done with Barcelona, who do we want to play in the next round? Hoping to avoid an English side.

Anyone but Liverpool... Never hear the end of it. 

They were right with the false nine in the first leg, so I don't doubt it. I expected Morata to start when the draw was made but he's gone downhill fast.

We need to score in first 10 minutes or I don't see the game going our way... we need a goal early or they would just be happy with a draw if they can't break us (which is very unlikely judging by how our season has gone so far).

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

The lineup apparently...

Confirmed lineup. Here's Barcelona's...

If we can keep the game 0-0 or 0-1 till 60 minutes that would be still good enough..we just need to take our chances in counter...Let's go Chelsea

Just now, bluephoenix said:

We need to score in first 10 minutes or I don't see the game going our way... we need a goal early or they would just be happy with a draw if they can't break us (which is very unlikely judging by how our season has gone so far).

Fuck it. It'll be 0-0 till the 92nd minute and Giroud will score for the 1-0 win!

bluephoenix likes this

Not sure about giroud his pace might be hindrance to our counter attack...Fabregas in midfield 2 is a huge liability..this time he will not have Pedro to cover his ass.. I think Conte mostly opted for that xi based on form

Let's not do what we did before at the bridge... Nothing nothing nothing almost through. Oh look there their goal out we go.... Pen claims aside so many wasted chances 

We need to score anyway so need to go for it. 

Not sure about giroud his pace might be hindrance to our counter attack...Fabregas in midfield 2 is a huge liability..this time he will not have Pedro to cover his ass.. I think Conte mostly opted for that xi based on form
About time tbh. Field the best XI and hope they deliver

8 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

Not sure about giroud his pace might be hindrance to our counter attack

Why are people worried about this? It's not like our counter-attacks have been threatening with pacey players to say the least, we still looked clueless and technically lacking. At least now we can hope for Giroud to make some knock-downs to on-running players, this has worked wonders for us in the past with a certain Drogba. If anything he will help our counter-attacks by actually creating some with hold-up and link-up play. Great line-up, exactly what I would have posted.

Supermonkey92 and kellzfresh like this

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fuck it. It'll be 0-0 till the 92nd minute and Giroud will score for the 1-0 win!

I like the sound of that but I think it would be more fitting if Morata scored why? you know kind of like what Torres did the last time we where here...

Making up for his price tag to some extent.

3 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

I like the sound of that but I think it would be more fitting if Morata scored why? you know kind of like what Torres did the last time we where here...

Making up for his price tag to some extent.

For Morata it would be even more special because he is from Real Madrid.

Expect Barca to be much more aggressive and forceful from the start here. Especially with Dembele. They'll be eager to try to put us away as soon as they can because they know our history with comebacks. 

Biggest worry is of course our midfield. Kante and Cesc will have to play perfect games as well as our 3 CB's.

WNDS likes this

Please avoid playing overly defensive to be eventually defeated. Barca is 90% likely to go through because they are just better than us. We have to go. Do no play same awful defensive tactics like ManU yesterday. It would mean exit of CL and angry from fans.