• Zappacosta (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/11/2018 at 9:47 AM, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Fully expect False 9 for 60mins, and then for Conte to try and go for it in the final 30mins. 

I like this idea. It is in our best interest to  keep it tight and try to nick a goal in first 60 minutes. If it is still 0-0 then have a go.

I have never see many team get away playing open game against Messi for a long period of time

I don't even understand the concept of playing a false 9, not only is it bad from an attacking perspective, Pedro doesn't really seem to add anything to the defense anyway, atleast if we play Olivier, we would actually be able to control the ball and thus disrupt their attacks. 

I don't even understand the concept of playing a false 9, not only is it bad from an attacking perspective, Pedro doesn't really seem to add anything to the defense anyway, atleast if we play Olivier, we would actually be able to control the ball and thus disrupt their attacks. 
We'll be looking to hit them on the break and that's something that won't be extremely effective with Giroud in the line up. I originally thought Morata would nail down a starting berth for tomorrow but everything about him is a negative right now.

I'd like to see us try to blitz Barca in the first 15-20 minutes (or otherwise until they score against us), before then playing more conservatively for the remainer of the first-half and using half-time to regroup and reassess. Why not? I doubt that they would be expecting such an approach from us, and we might just catch them cold; it's not even as if conceding one goal would necessarily be a knock-out blow for us. The priority should be to try to negate Barcelona's away-goal advantage as soon as possible, and then take things from there. If our attacking play is leaving us too exposed, simply shift approach and play more cautiously; it's much easier to make this switch than doing it the other way round.

Lets give it a proper go for old times sake, who knows what can happen? everyone is writing us off, but if there is one team who can defy the odds its us, we have shown it plenty of times, lets believe we can do it. Cheers and KTBFFH

3 hours ago, Alan Partridge said:

No false 9! 

Giroud has to start as Morata has been shite. 

Just go for it. If we are going to lose at least go out having gave it our best. 

Exactly!! Won't be pissed off if can tell they tried but if its anything like City... Then nah that will annoy