test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

closed Man City 1-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Drinkwater
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Palmieri (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

440 posts in this topic

My confidence for this game went below zero after seeing the line-up. Giroud should've started, even if not him, then at least Morata, I am really against playing Hazard as false nine and also against city to play without a striker...
Missing Kante is a huge blow. I can't see how we can win this game without him, City mid will have one of their easiest games against DannyD and Cesc. I can only pray that the Frenchman will be available for barca, otherwise, our season might be completely over really soon.
Happy or not from the starting line-up, I really hope Chelsea will win this game, personally I don't have a clue how(apart from scoring more goals than them :D). We need a big big performances from all the players. Hope they can deliver today. Come on Chelseaaa!!

6 minutes ago, Irakozium257 said:

How demotivating it must be for Hazard when he said loud and clear that he's in his element on the wings or behind the striker. F**k Conte!!! GTFO of this club ASAP, you POS.

Oh no whatever will he do. How demoralising must it be getting 200k a week and not being able to play in your favourite position. This is the problem with this team, everything has to be perfect for these premadonas. He plays where hes needed. End of. Fans like you should fuck off, ungrateful shit.

Lol... 

People ll storm conte thread and start campaigning how average our squad is  without implying how average how manager is.... Don't know what's going on in conte mind persisting with false 9 bullshit that will end up in tears and playing piss poor Alonso and Moses...

The game will end up in embarrassment...thumbs up conte...

Irakozium257 likes this

Oh no whatever will he do. How demoralising must it be getting 200k a week and not being able to play in your favourite position. This is the problem with this team, everything has to be perfect for these premadonas. He plays where hes needed. End of. Fans like you should fuck off, ungrateful shit.

Players have preferred positions and general perform best in those. People will complain if he's invisible again despite having two CF's on the bench.

If City are really up for this and feel like it, this could be a bloodbath. They barely got out of cruise mode a couple days ago and smacked Arsenal who we couldn't even beat. 

Lol... 
City will thrash us... 
I don't have much faith in us getting a positive result but why does it seem every other post of yours is negative. We're here to support the club regardless of who's at the helm

Just now, Polo7 said:

I don't have the stomach to throw insults at other forum members, but I'll tell you this, I've been an ardent supporter since I was 15. I've been through the lowest of lows as fan for this club. The highest moments as a fan have felt so good because I experienced those lows. You know jacksh*t about me and I know jacksh*t about you, so please keep it to yourself if you feel anger at my posts. I've felt so much anger towards Mourinho's supporters in late '15 and Conte's supporters ATM but I don't personally lash out at them because I agree(d) to disagree with them and I respect their free will to have those views.

He's, IMO, not a primadonna for telling about where his strengths are useful for the team. Hazard is one of the most emotionally intelligent players in top football, he's given his all whenever he's been deployed as a false 9 but he's simply too inadequate for it and should not be used there in non-exhibition matches...

7 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

If Wigan can do it, we can do it.

True... But we're Chelsea so most likely take the lead..play well.. Make stupid mistakes and volia off they go... 

Depends which side shows up.. 

Just now, LeonDavis23 said:

LOL but Wigan have a striker.

We have 2, one of them could do it in the 2nd half.

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
9 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:
Lol... 
City will thrash us... 

I don't have much faith in us getting a positive result but why does it seem every other post of yours is negative. We're here to support the club regardless of who's at the helm

It's not negative.... That's why I said I can't figure out what's going on in conte mind... False 9 that failed miserably against piss poor team is what conte keeps deploying...alonso and Moses that can't dominate piss poor teams... Yet again he keeps playing them....doing same thing over and over again xpecting different outcome is.... 

I see what Conte is trying to do here.

Pack the midfield, give Silva and De Bruyne no space to pick us off, and allow the counters to open quickly while providing defensive cover for Hazard to work his magic. Don't think it will work, but I see what he's thinking.

Laporte is still relatively untested in England so far, I would have preferred Giroud or Morata to play as high up on him as possible and try to unsettle him.

Kante is a huge miss, we are going to have to rely hugely on Pedro and Willian to put serious shifts in, tuck in and look to break quickly just like against Barca. 

City look so strong at the moment I'd be surprised if we get anything out of the game, players need to be far more clinical then they have in recent weeks because chances may be at a premium today.

Also I'm disappointed that Barkley isn't even on the bench. Even if he's only deemed fit enough to potentially give us 20 - 30 minutes. We have no midfield options on our bench, 4 defenders and 2 strikers.