test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Christian Pulisic

Started by the wes,

279 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

We have right of first refusal on Thorgan, no? Keep seeing conflicting info.

some say we even have a buy back clause.

However, not even Thorgan imself knows^^

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/thorgan-hazard-chelsea-transfer-clause-15432901

but from the sound of it, he would not say no if we were to bid for him. 

Johnnyeye, Vesper and Unionjack like this

Not saying Pulisic is bad or doesn't have the potential to become a top player, but I'd be so disappointed if we were to buy him while the likes of Fekir and Isco move to our rivals. Both are far superior to Pulisic right now and I don't think they'd be risks at all.

Strike and DDA like this

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not saying Pulisic is bad or doesn't have the potential to become a top player, but I'd be so disappointed if we were to buy him while the likes of Fekir and Isco move to our rivals. Both are far superior to Pulisic right now and I don't think they'd be risks at all.

But neither will be in the RW position will they?

Can;t see no reason why we couldn't even buy all 3!! Scuze me while I stop laughing!.

We get a Isco/Eden swap, Fekir as AM and Pulisic,

Or Eden stays. One less problem to sort - Just as long as he doesn't go to another English team.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Pulisic over Isco anytime. Don't know Fekir that well.

13 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Have never been a fan of his, hope he can step it up, if he comes.

Pulisic is being pitched as a Hazard replacement on some sites.

Ridiculous.

He has never scored more than 5 goals in a full season, including two two full 40 games plus years on a massive scoring team that runs a pinball offence. 115 games, 15 goals in his career and he is not even a LW'er (although he should be as he is right-footed.).

Willian on the LW, Pulisic on the right spells doom to me, when all is taken into account. That is what we are facing if Eden leaves. Real isnt going to swap us Asensio and Kovacic for a player with 12 months left on his contract. That is folly.

Higuain may (AC Milan officially said we have not contacted tem at all) come for a 6 month loan, but he will turn 32yo in middle of next season, so he will not be offered a multi-year contract. He will not be here 2019-20 unless he accepts a one term contract, or we take him on a multi-year loan, which I doubt he accepts (in terms of 1 year contract) or Juve accept a multi-year loan (which I doubt they will accept as well).

Who does that leave for our striker to pair with Willian and Pulisic? Callum Wilson? LOLOL Unless it is an Icardi level type number nine (and how many of those are floating around???), where are the goals going to come from? Manure is hot on the tails of Isco, so if they drop big cash for him, there goes another swap option with Real.

That leaves only 4 true goal scoring AMF's left, 1. Rolling dice on Nabil Fekir and his knees, 2. Pablo Sarabia of Sevilla (a good choice but I see ZERO linkage with us), 3. Julian Draxler of PSG (who isnt really THAT proflic, but is a decent player) and 4. Hakim Ziyech (Ajax) who is prolific in a lower league, but far from certain in the EPL.

We are linked with none of those, other than Fekir, so we damn well better snag him (if we refuse the others) and hope he comes good in the EPL and stays healthy.

We can talk all we want about Sarriball being this offensive machine, but if we lose Eden, end up with only Pulisic as 'replacement', buy a middling striker like Wilson, and miss out on a WC AMF, the goals are simply not going to be there. It is shaping up as a huge (and predicted) problem.

Transfer news: boost for Madrid as Chelsea reach agreement with Hazard replacement

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/transfer-news-boost-for-madrid-as-chelsea-reach-agreement-with-h-15887

mccg likes this

Pulisic is a placed as Hazard replacement because it makes easy writing for the rags.

Problem with Fekir is he's more suited to a number 10 role, we don't, and we won't be, playing that system anytime soon.

I really like Pulisic, very good player.

Really think we need to get the possy right , looking at Pedro+Willian age also , Sancho,T.Hazard,Martial , hope come into serious consideration

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Yeah me too ,2bh tho cant see me getting a big fuckoff dirty contract from Chelsea lol

Unionjack likes this

If he's being viewed by the club as the long term replacement for Willian and Pedro I'm fine with that. He's not better than either of those two now but has the potential to be. 

If he's being viewed as a Hazard replacement then I think we're in trouble next season and beyond.

Strike likes this

1 hour ago, mccg said:

Really think we need to get the possy right , looking at Pedro+Willian age also , Sancho,T.Hazard,Martial , hope come into serious consideration

Shitty have right of first refusal on Sancho, he will not come here, Shitty will buy him back.

Martial, now that Mourinho is gone, will not be leaving.

Best we can hoe for is that we do indeed have a clause in Thorgns contract, and can stop him from going to Dortmund or Bayern.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If he's being viewed by the club as the long term replacement for Willian and Pedro I'm fine with that. He's not better than either of those two now but has the potential to be. 

If he's being viewed as a Hazard replacement then I think we're in trouble next season and beyond.

Given we smashed our transfer record replacing Costa and Tibo im fairly certain we would do likewise if god forbid Hazard left.Whether we get the replacement right is another matter but for sure we would go big.

Strike likes this

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Shitty have right of first refusal on Sancho, he will not come here, Shitty will buy him back.

Pep's ruled out him going back while he's there, so if he makes his big move before PG leaves City are out of the game buy back or not.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Well he does get about 10 G+A per season, so that certainly sounds like  Willian numbers to me <_<

14 hours ago, DDA said:

I'm all for this transfer but the summer???? Whyyyy??

Just bring him in now ffs. 

Because Dortmund have a great chance at winning both the Bundesliga and the CL, and they will not lose depth until they can replace it in the summer.

Why do you think the price dropped £25m?

If we want him now its £70m.

That isnt happening.

The board and Sarri love the team as is, save for striker. The board valued Willian at £70m! Sarri thinks he and Alonso are amongst best on planet at their positions

Pulisic is really being bought because they know Eden is leaving.

We will get Kovacic and 60m, £70m cashfor Eden in the summer. RM will look at that as paying £110m to £12m for him in value plus quid.

Luiz is leaving.

Rugani will cost arounf £45m

I think we make a move for Tonali, say £25m

there is all the Eden cash spent

so now we have spent 45m net (Pulisic)

I dont see the board spending much more than another £30m to £40m max

that will be Callum Wilson perhaps

Higs goes back

we are left with a shit team

Willian on LW

Pulisic, no great scorer on right

Wilson at CF

Same MF

Same shit LB too

Rugani in for Luiz

If we want more, we then HAVE to sell the deadweight

will we?

I hope so, becuase if what I put in above is our August 2019 team

we are FUCKED

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Given we smashed our transfer record replacing Costa and Tibo im fairly certain we would do likewise if god forbid Hazard left.Whether we get the replacement right is another matter but for sure we would go big.

Hope so. We simply can't sell one of the 2-3 best players in the world and replace him with Pulisic.

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Pep's ruled out him going back while he's there, so if he makes his big move before PG leaves City are out of the game buy back or not.

Link please for that 'Pep says never coming back'