test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   29 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Morata (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

530 posts in this topic

You know, I'm gutted but still proud. Messi was reduced to 2 chipped  balls into the box and only one was a good chance.

Let' remember where we are. Comfortably beaten by Bournemouth and Watford. Someone mentioned Barca were walking around like it was a training game. They were standing still cos they had no clue how to make a fucking chance. Simeone will be looking at that say 'Barca controlled the ball but Chelsea controlled the space' 

I think we need Giroud away. Have Hazard take Pedro's position. Morata is fucking useless. 

bigbluewillie likes this

Their goal felt like a gut punch. 

Cant be too upset considering Barca's only goal came from a mistake from us. None of us expected it to be so close. We're not out of this yet. No way can we play with the false 9 at the Camp Nou, though. They wouldn't have been expecting it today but will be ready for it next time.

Supermonkey92 and Azpinator like this

1 minute ago, !Hazard! said:

Let's be honest though, Barcelona were really poor. They're lucky they weren't playing Liverpool/Man City tonight or it could have been ugly.

Barcelona played poor only because Chelsea didn't let them do what they can do best. Determination on max from all our players and fighting for every ball, exactly what is needed in this kind of matches. I am really proud from the boys, good match from all of them and from Conte, shame some of the fans called off the game when they saw the false 9 formation.
Really stupid mistake and we gifted them such a crucial goal, from nothing. Really a big shame and I am sure players will be disappointed from that after such a solid performances.
Hope the luck will be with Chelsea in the second leg!

i dont know, i didnt really expect us to go trough but i knew this barca is not anything special. in the last years form we would beat them easily.

loved the aproach boys had tonight, replicate it for the second leg and i will be satisfied even if we lose.

7 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Christensen made another one in the first half - the giveaway corner.

Indeed. He's been solid for most of the season but has made some costly errors in the Champions League - the home game vs Roma comes to mind.

1 minute ago, whats happening said:

i dont know, i didnt really expect us to go trough but i knew this barca is not anything special. in the last years form we would beat them easily.

loved the aproach boys had tonight, replicate it for the second leg and i will be satisfied even if we lose.

No doubt we beat them with Costa in this side.

Supermonkey92 likes this

1 minute ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

No doubt we beat them with Costa in this side.

It's not going be a Barca - PSG match a long way but they have an advantage now - they can even sit back to keep a clean sheet.

11 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

At the end, the whole stadium had a feeling like we lost the game and potentially the tie. I feel the same. A huge performance is required in Spain.

That's it was a blow. If they'd scored just on the off been okay but such a moment from us.. If we had strikers we could be taken every chance.. Oh well. We didn't lose so did more then thought

Haven't watched much of Barcelona this season but based on this game, how on earth have they lost only once all season? Unimaginative in possession, everything was going through Messi and so many aging as well as slow players in the side. Not beating them tonight is a big opportunity missed.

bigbluewillie likes this

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Haven't watched much of Barcelona this season but based on this game, how on earth have they lost only once all season? Unimaginative in possession, everything was going through Messi and so many aging as well as slow players in the side. Not beating them tonight is a big opportunity missed.

Because any opposition that isnt Real or Atletico is horse shit in Spain. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Probably because, unlike us, everyone they play in La Liga other than Real Madrid and Atleti are scared shitless of them. They go behind and Barca just blow them away. We showed balls and character today and didn't let their best players take over the game.

Polo7 and 11Drogba like this

Result felt like sucker punch...We deserved to win....Very costly mistake by christensen...Both rudiger and christensen did not deal the long ball properly..Cesc would have got that pass if he had pace

Camp nou is very difficult place with wide pitch..We cannot defend all the time there

Just now, Cosmin said:

Smh people are underestimating Chelsea's fantastic discipline so much. Barca are fantastic, but our players did great. 

According to some people on here Barca were poor today and we should have done better.