test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

2,566 posts in this topic
35 minutes ago, the wes said:

Chelsea have rejected Bayern Munich’slatest bid for their number one summer target, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Sky Sports News understands. 

The offer - believed to be £22.5m - is Bayern’s fourth attempt to land the 18-year old winger and comes after Sky Sports News learnt that the England forward is no closer to signing a long-term deal to stay at Stamford Bridge with both sides some distance from finding agreement. 

The youngster, who joined Chelsea’s academy in 2007 aged seven, is out of contract in 12 months and can sign a pre-contract agreement with clubs outside the UK in January. 

Hudson-Odoi took to Instagram earlier this week to update fans on his rehabilitation progress, with hopes that he will be fully fit at the beginning of September. 

He remains Bayern’s number one summer target, as they look to replace Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben following their departure from the Allianz Arena. 

Despite the stalemate, it’s unlikely Chelsea would be willing to let one of their prized young assets leave Stamford Bridge without a fight, as they come to terms with a two-window transfer ban, plus the departure of Eden Hazard to Real Madrid.

Matt Law reported this yesterday...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/27/chelsea-beat-transfer-ban-sign-mateo-kovacic/

Hudson-Odoi is also on the verge of signing a new five-year deal, with the finer details being ironed out ahead of an announcement.

Despite the fact the winger will miss the start of the new season as he recovers from a ruptured Achilles tendon, Chelsea are keen to secure the future of the 18-year-old as he enters the final 12 months of his present deal.

Hudson-Odoi tried to force a move to Bayern Munich in January by handing in a transfer request and the German club, along with Paris Saint-Germain, remain admirers of the teenager.

But more games before his injury and the arrival of Lampard have convinced Hudson-Odoi to commit his future to Chelsea.

And two days ago in the Evening Standard...

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-will-keep-best-academy-stars-at-stamford-bridge-with-frank-lampard-at-helm-a4176201.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1561547139

Last month this paper revealed that there has been a breakthrough in talks with winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, which will see him pen a five-year deal.

One of the key factors in Hudson-Odoi, who has just 12 months left on his contract, staying long-term is the prospect of regular first team football and there is a lot of optimism that Lampard will give him that.

So, who's talking BS here...?

22 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Our correspondents and club sources have stated we are working on a 5 year contract. 

Bayern come in with another bid, and all of a sudden CHO wants to leave again. 

Head is turned. We should just cash in and let bayern pay for whatever remains of his rehabilitation. No need for us to bend over and watch him signing a contract with Bayern for free in January. 

2 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Head is turned. We should just cash in and let bayern pay for whatever remains of his rehabilitation. No need for us to bend over and watch him signing a contract with Bayern for free in January. 

We have never been one to stop someone from leaving the club if they really want to. If the club still insist that he's not for sale at this point, it means there's still a chance CHO might well stay. 

And besides, Matt Law and Simon Johnson reported that the contract extension is gonna happen, which contradicts Sky's own story...

I think hes gonna wait and see what Frank wants to do with him. If Frank says I want you to be a regular fixture in my team I definitely think he will sign, if he cant give him more assurances he will go. I dont think his heads turned and for me, he was a bit daft to think hed play at Bayern (Coman, Robben, Ribery and Gnabry - just got Bayern player of the season - all better at the moment) when he wasnt playing at Chelsea in December but the lack of playing time was probably frustrating him. Still think he would sit on the bench at Bayern, especially if Gnabry and Coman stay fit as well as continuous links with Nicolas Pepe. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think hes gonna wait and see what Frank wants to do with him. If Frank says I want you to be a regular fixture in my team I definitely think he will sign, if he cant give him more assurances he will go. I dont think his heads turned and for me, he was a bit daft to think hed play at Bayern (Coman, Robben, Ribery and Gnabry - just got Bayern player of the season - all better at the moment) when he wasnt playing at Chelsea in December but the lack of playing time was probably frustrating him. Still think he would sit on the bench at Bayern, especially if Gnabry and Coman stay fit as well as continuous links with Nicolas Pepe. 

They have Alphonso Davies aswell 

OneMoSalah likes this

Just saw Guardian report what Sky Sports practically reported on CHO's contract situation. So, we have Telegraph and Evening Standard saying the contract extension is coming but Sky Sports and Guardian reporting a new deal hasn't been agreed... :rant:

On 27/06/2019 at 10:30 PM, the wes said:

What's the hold up CHO signing a new contract 

I think he wants assurances that he'll be in the starting line up.

And he wont know that until Lamps is in place.

the wes likes this

2 hours ago, the wes said:

No player should get assurance being in the starting lineup or less your Ronaldo or Messi lol you have to earn your spot in the starting line up he will not assurances at Bayern Munich aswell 

Exactly mate, if he thinks that he is going to walk into the Bayern first team, he needs to have someone sit down with him and explain the facts of life.

12 hours ago, the wes said:

No player should get assurance being in the starting lineup or less your Ronaldo or Messi lol you have to earn your spot in the starting line up he will not assurances at Bayern Munich aswell 

9 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Exactly mate, if he thinks that he is going to walk into the Bayern first team, he needs to have someone sit down with him and explain the facts of life.

TBF, think CHO wants reassurances over playing time. It's unlikely, but if we suddenly decide to have him play back-up to say Willian and Pedro, then he's not going stay long term, is he? 

This will play out in two ways; he will either be sold and win the Balon d'Or, or he won't be and will be worse than watching Anelkalouda in their prime.

18 hours ago, Jason said:

TBF, think CHO wants reassurances over playing time. It's unlikely, but if we suddenly decide to have him play back-up to say Willian and Pedro, then he's not going stay long term, is he? 

He wants reassurances over a big fat paycheck, which he expects to be a lot higher than what Bayern will offer.

it’s a self-inflicted auction.

3 hours ago, the wes said:

It's fake. His offical is Calteck10.

This one is Caltek10

It really is odd to see a player in any sport trying to leverage starting or playing time and a jersey number into a contract. Does this ever really happen in any team sport?