test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

206 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

That was Houstoun mate. I hope he's not like his namesake Alan Hudson great player but a miserable cock never stops slagging off Chelsea.

It was a play on words ;)

The overhyping of this kid is unbelievable. We saw it with Bamford, Musonda, Loftus-Cheek, Baker, Abraham, etc. yet none have made it here as of yet. Wouldn’t surprise me if Hudson-Odoi doesn’t either.

the wes and Blusan Alamb like this

20 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

The overhyping of this kid is unbelievable. We saw it with Bamford, Musonda, Loftus-Cheek, Baker, Abraham, etc. yet none have made it here as of yet. Wouldn’t surprise me if Hudson-Odoi doesn’t either.

This guy's potential is far greater than that of the names you have mentioned. If any player from our academy has ever looked like he could actually break into the first eleven, then it is Hudson-Odoi. 

3 hours ago, DDA said:

This guy's potential is far greater than that of the names you have mentioned. If any player from our academy has ever looked like he could actually break into the first eleven, then it is Hudson-Odoi. 

I agree with dazzy Vance we have heard all this before about youth players at Chelsea I would love to see this kid do Amazing things at Chelsea tho 

Dazzy_Vance likes this

On February 10, 2018 at 0:45 AM, Dazzy_Vance said:

Bamford never had any potential, the hype over him was hype a younster for the sake of it territotry, infact i'd argue all those players you listed were overrated bar Tammy.

On 2/10/2018 at 0:45 AM, Dazzy_Vance said:

I think it's obvious to see Hudson-Odoi has superior qualities to any of them. He has attributes which make him stand out, for e.g his blistering pace, dribbling, vision, passing, goal scoring ability. As good as our previous academy prospects were, they never had these attributes all at once. At 17 he's won U17 world cup with England, being one of the best players on the field, all at the age of 16 years of age. He turned 17 at the end of the last year and already putting up impressive stats for his age. We will have to get used to it anyway, as if we don't make top four we will be seeing more and more youth, which imo is fine. 

DDA and jernej93 like this

5 hours ago, It's too big said:

infact i'd argue all those players you listed were overrated bar Tammy.

I agree. The last prospect who excited me as much as CHO does was Josh. Shame how his career panned out because he had endless ability on the ball.

Tomo likes this

What a talent this player is. Was watching the highlights of our FAYC second leg with Birmingham. Man, this guy is on another level. Was literally Messi-like on the pitch. His second goal was a magnificent solo goal. If anyone could post a link, would be appreciated. May be able to view it on Chelsea youth twitter page. Still only 17, has featured for the first team in few games this season and looks the real deal. Will be interesting to see if he can get more minutes/possible start in final games towards end of season. Magnificent talent :clap:

jernej93 and !Hazard! like this

23 hours ago, Stats said:

What a talent this player is. Was watching the highlights of our FAYC second leg with Birmingham. Man, this guy is on another level. Was literally Messi-like on the pitch. His second goal was a magnificent solo goal. If anyone could post a link, would be appreciated. May be able to view it on Chelsea youth twitter page. Still only 17, has featured for the first team in few games this season and looks the real deal. Will be interesting to see if he can get more minutes/possible start in final games towards end of season. Magnificent talent :clap:

He is most certainly the real deal. I am fully backing this guy to become a World Class player given the right management needed and obviously has to be mentally strong and hungry for that to happen. It's easy to understand the pessimism surrounding his growth given our track record when pushing 'our youth' onto the main stage. That being said, he could be ready to start as a regular first team football as early as next season. I hope he has a decent pre-season under whoever is at the helm.

Stats likes this

His talent is very obvious to everyone who has seen him play but it's hard to get excited about him knowing our record with integrating academy products. Most likely he'll spend five spells on loan before ending up in the Romanian first division.

the wes, manpe and jernej93 like this

Does anyone get a Martial type vibe from him? Strikes me as very similar. Both strong, quick feet, and quite direct. Both seem comfortable on the wing or in the middle as well. 

Obviously CHO has a little while to get to that level, but their build and style of play is very similar IMO.

Stats and the wes like this

16 hours ago, Thor said:

Does anyone get a Martial type vibe from him? Strikes me as very similar. Both strong, quick feet, and quite direct. Both seem comfortable on the wing or in the middle as well. 

Obviously CHO has a little while to get to that level, but their build and style of play is very similar IMO.

I agree he does have a similar style to martial I hope we get to see him play in Europa league group stages next season 

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:07 AM, Thor said:

Martial is much more built, quite muscular/stocky player with CHO on the slim side but brilliant balance. With age, I assume he will build more muscle. But yes, the playing styles are hugely similar.

the wes likes this

My favourite youngster at the club. He still has a lot to work on but he is lightyears agead of the others in that team. I think he is ready to be part of the squad next season and play a real role. Not just monthly flashes.

That goal is so like what martial would do I can see  why some people are saying Hudson-odoi has a similar style to martial 

9 minutes ago, the wes said:

That goal is so like what martial would do I can see  why some people are saying Hudson-odoi has a similar style to martial 

Good to see the Arse defence replicating the first team :P

9 hours ago, the wes said:

Kept his head well. They all played great.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Kept his head well. They all played great.

Hope we don't loan him out I would play in Europa league group stages 

6 hours ago, the wes said:

Hope we don't loan him out I would play in Europa league group stages 

OK but maybe in the long run it ould be best for him AND US too have a 2 year loan like AC/Mount. We dont want him sitting round thinking about playing every week and getting itchy feet do we.

Just have to make sure we get it into his head hes in our futire.

If we had done that with RLC/Happy they would maybe be in our 1st team by now. I know Happy is away mainly thru his injury but you get my point.

manpe likes this