test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

3,137 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Jason said:

At least Loftus-Cheek has the "excuse" of being injured for a year and he just came back recently. This season is practically gone for him anyway. Lampard already said the focus for him is pretty much for next season. That is different from CHO, who while had his injury problems this season, hasn't done much on a whole. There were around 2 good performances in January or but that's it otherwise. And also CHO also didn't help himself when he had that incident with a girl during lockdown. 

Tbh, I was basing it on watching RLC since he first appeared in the first team, rather than since he has come back from this injury. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Am I being harsh if even the manager is basically asking him to buck up his ideas? 

Like I said, I know he has had some injury problems this season but he came back from the more serious one in September (IIRC), much earlier than Loftus-Cheek, and he hasn't done much overall in his appearances apart from some games in January. He hasn't shown any consistency to build on last season and this season feels like a wasted opportunity already. Moreover, given all the hoo-ha caused by the contract situation last summer, you can't blame others for expecting a little more from CHO this season. As Lampard said, he needs to start doing more because next season, there's gonna be fierce competition for places.

What he was said was barely any different to what he said about Pulisic in September, now really sure what the fuss is about.

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

What he was said was barely any different to what he said about Pulisic in September, now really sure what the fuss is about.

You will disagree but unlike Pulisic and I have said this many times, CHO brought the "fuss" upon himself with his contract situation year summer. So, pardon me and others for expecting a little more than what CHO has shown whenever he has played this season. Moreover, there was the incident with the girl during the lockdown. While thankfully nothing came off it, he could have been easily been on a long drawn investigation by the police or worse if something shit had really happened. Am sure Lampard had that in mind when he was saying that yesterday. He already mentioned it once previously. 

You will disagree but unlike Pulisic and I have said this many times, CHO brought the "fuss" upon himself with his contract situation year summer. So, pardon me and others for expecting a little more than what CHO has shown whenever he has played this season. Moreover, there was the incident with the girl during the lockdown. While thankfully nothing came off it, he could have been easily been on a long drawn investigation by the police or worse if something shit had really happened. Am sure Lampard had that in mind when he was saying that yesterday. He already mentioned it once previously. 

The "fuss" was brought by Sarri. If he just gave CHO a fair chance after his great pre season and after his performance against City in the cup final, in which he was our best offensive player, he would have signed a new contract with less money. But because Sarri did not give him a fair chance, it is normal for players to look at what other options there are. Lamptey did not sign a new contract because he knew he will not be given a fair chance and he left us. Lamptey knows that Azpi will be a starter for at least one more season and after that RJ is next in line because he was our captain at youth level. Boga was the same. Boga played two great pre seasons and never got a chance under Mou and Conte gave him his debut and our former Captain, Leader, Legend Cahill got a red card after couple of minutes and Boga was subbed off. He never got a chance after that again. It is normal that you want to look for other options when you are not given a fair chance.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Puliiszola likes this

9 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

The "fuss" was brought by Sarri. If he just gave CHO a fair chance after his great pre season and after his performance against City in the cup final, in which he was our best offensive player, he would have signed a new contract with less money. But because Sarri did not give him a fair chance, it is normal for players to look at what other options there are. Lamptey did not sign a new contract because he knew he will not be given a fair chance and he left us. Lamptey knows that Azpi will be a starter for at least one more season and after that RJ is next in line because he was our captain at youth level. Boga was the same. Boga played two great pre seasons and never got a chance under Mou and Conte gave him his debut and our former Captain, Leader, Legend Cahill got a red card after couple of minutes and Boga was subbed off. He never got a chance after that again. It is normal that you want to look for other options when you are not given a fair chance.

50634dcd25ed57c203d1e7fa8a6a66a4.gif

Blue Colored Sky and Johnnyeye like this

6 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Your forgetting Boga only got a chance due to injuries/suspensions in that game and the club was always looking to move him on regardless. He was never ever going to be a member of the squad because Conte had wanted Kyle Walker who he didnt get and ended up getting Zappacosta eventually to give him options at RWB. Plus if that red card never happened Andreas would probably never have gotten the opportunity to play as soon, where he eventually ended up cementing himself as a first team regular for the first half of the season putting in very good performances.

Also anyone who expected Sarri to play CHO regularly at the start had to be out of their minds. He was only playing so much in pre season because Eden and Willian both weren't there as they were at the WC then got an extended break. He even used Piazon and Moses in pre season as we were short of wide options.

Johnnyeye and killer1257 like this

Don't do something so stupid like today against Bayern at Allianz Arena when we are 0:3...

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Callum Hudson-Odoi may consider offers to leave Chelsea in the summer transfer window over a lack of playing time. - Independent

If true, LOL...

I predicted similar days ago, he wants to be starting at especially next season there is no guarantee at all, there is going to be serious competition and TBH I just cannot see him staying, whether it's sold or loaned.

On 19/07/2020 at 10:54 PM, Puliiszola said:

Really good outing (sans the penalty obviously). 

Really good is a bit stronger than I'd go, but it was pleasing to see some positive glimpses from Callum on Sunday.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Really good is a bit stronger than I'd go, but it was pleasing to see some positive glimpses from Callum on Sunday.

I know. But he looked like he wanted to prove a point. Defensively and Offensively. Point being, if that shot had gone in, we would be saying "really good". 

But do agree, it was pleasing to see the effort and some of the play.

killer1257 likes this

46 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

But he looked like he wanted to prove a point.

This is an issue for CHO I think. I'm reading comments here about his passing not being good and/or that he's edgy and a bit too inclined to go for glory. These are symptoms of a lack of confidence. In development games, where it was clear to everyone, Callum included, that he was a standout, his passing was a big positive and his decision making was calm and cool eyed. He didn't need to prove that he belonged at that level and, as a result, he proved it all of the time.

Look, for example, at his pass for Tino's goal in the 2018 Youth Cup Final. I was behind the goal at the far end that night, but you could see from the moment Callum picked up the ball that he already knew the pass he was going to play 30 metres later. When the pass came, its timing, weight and angle were absolute perfection. Look too at his performance in the U17 World Cup Final earlier that season. Phil Foden scored twice and picked up man of the match, but it was Callum who produced the game's deciding performance.

46 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

if that shot had gone in, we would be saying "really good".

That was one of the moments I liked from him. He was decisive, sharp and the shot was well struck, just misdirected. It could be argued that he should have squared the ball, but going for goal was a perfectly reasonable option. The chance was there and he can't be blamed for taking a pop. It would have been spectacular if it had gone in.

Puliiszola likes this