Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

20 hours ago, Jason said:

Read the full article earlier and saw this bit...

The Southampton game is not the first time Hudson-Odoi has been subject of criticism on social media this season. Sources have told The Athletic he has become aware of the abuse and has been speaking to team-mates about it, seeking some reassurance.

It wasn’t supposed to be this way. Next month marks the one-year anniversary of Hudson-Odoi handing in a transfer request to try to force through a move to Bayern Munich. While the Bundesliga club were unable to agree a fee with Chelsea, The Athletic understands personal terms with the winger had practically been agreed over a summer transfer instead.

Indeed, it is believed that an interview set up through his boot sponsors Adidas was put back with the summer in mind so the England international could explain the reasons for his move to the Bundesliga champions.

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think he'll come good in a couple of years like Sarri said. Here or somewhere else I don't know. 

that all assumes one giant thing, my chief worry by far

his Achilles rupture impact on a possibly permanent basis

if he doesn't recover his explosive burst over the next year to 18 months, he is going to be a shell of the potential player he was tracking to pre-injury

he has lost the ability atm to blow past opponents

some of it is surely mental, as he doesn't want to re-rupture, this is a subconscious manifestation partially

I see this every time he plays

Looked better than lately. He needs confidance. 
What I don't like is his concentration. Everything looks fine to me but sometimes he dribbles past some people and then plays some stupid pass to the opponent.
Also, I think he cuts way too much inside. I remember in the Youth, he sometimes used to cut inside, some other time he did not and went the other way and was very unpredictable.
But he will get better over time.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Stats said:

Really impressive when he came on. Changed the game with his directness and long range passing to the other flank. Has anyone noticed his long rang passing is really good. Pulls it off quite often.

Agree. But there are still aspects of his game that he needs to work on so diligently.

First is not to lose the ball when he comes deep. Did that against soton and we conceded. And now same thing yesterday. This is one aspect that I feel he should learn from willy.

I feel like he relies too much on his talent at this moment. Yesterday we got away atleast twice because he lost the ball at a crucial part of the field. The fact we didn't concede from it doesn't make it any less of a fault ofcourse. He misses some football intelligence in my opinion. Alright, he's only 19 but there will come a time in which he can't hide behind his age and talent. 

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

No.

Apart from winning one header against Arsenal, in his last half dozen matches, what has he done that is positive?

Surrenders position, can't/won't cross the ball, runs towards players rather than into space... 

Bayern, are you still interested? Would get rid in a heartbeat. 

1 minute ago, BlueLion. said:

Apart from winning one header against Arsenal, in his last half dozen matches, what has he done that is positive?

Surrenders position, can't/won't cross the ball, runs towards players rather than into space... 

Relax. I said from the getco that coming back physically from a serious injury is one thing, but to come back mentally is a whole other game. 

First half of the season is a write off. Let's see how he progresses this 2nd half. 

2 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

He's 19 years old coming back from a serious injury, Loftus Cheek is probably going to be underwhelming to shit for a while after returning aswell.

This time last year people were comparing Bakayoko favroubly against Kovacic.

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Relax. I said from the getco that coming back physically from a serious injury is one thing, but to come back mentally is a whole other game. 

First half of the season is a write off. Let's see how he progresses this 2nd half. 

Pulisic is undeniably a better player and there is a reason Frank would rather play Mount as a wide midfielder. 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

He's 19 years old coming back from a serious injury, Loftus Cheek is probably going to be underwhelming to shit for a while after returning aswell.

This time last year people were comparing Bakayoko favroubly against Kovacic.

Speaking of RLC, I honestly don't know where he will fit in. The only player I can see him replacing is Kante, but would you trust this team without Kante there to rescue us time and time again?