Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

1 hour ago, 1905didierblue said:

Did i miss something!?

Would it be the phantom bad attitude because he doesn't regularly grin like a Cheshire Cat and maximized an opportunity to get the best deal for him and his family.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:28 AM, SUNZ said:

I don't know if it's just me but ever since returning from injury I keep thinking CHO doesn't look as fluid/mobile as he was before the injury. He just moves...differently, I guess.

Does anybody else see what I'm saying?

he clearly is not recovered fully, he doesn't have that burst he did before

it may be mental, as he might not be going full out due to inner fear of re-tearing his Achilles

I will give him until mid-season next year before calling it definitively

the one I truly worry about is RLC, as his tear was even worse

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Great article.

I can sort of see where some get the impression regarding CHO's 'attitude' but this article offers an honest and refreshing assessment over last season and how committed he is to the club moving forward.

He seems very driven to become as good as he can be and I believe under Lampard he has the perfect manager to get the most out of him.

7 hours ago, Mana said:

....can you point to me where he showed bad attitude? Having some swagger isn't bad attitude.

Why do you think he requested a transfer to Bayern? He thought he deserved more playing time and was worried about not getting minutes at Chelsea, so he decided to bail on his boyhood club and take the easy route instead of being patient, working his arse off and proving his worth. Minutes aren’t given, they are earned. It took Sarri to leave, months of contract stalling/negotiations, a denied transfer request, holding the club at ransom, assurances from Lampard over playing time and a ridiculously pricey contract for a largely unproven teenager to finally commit to us. He was either poorly advised or has an extreme sense of entitlement. KdB and Lukaku were lambasted by Chelsea fans for also exploring options when they weren’t guaranteed starters, so I don’t see how CHO is any different. If CHO got his way straight up he would be in Germany right now.

The other thing that really highlighted his poor attitude is after we finally secured his signature, he stated he’s not ready to leave Chelsea... “yet”. Firstly, he lied. He was ready to piss off in January. Secondly, if you read between the lines, it’s like he is one day expecting to outgrow this club. He just comes across as incredibly ungrateful, especially when you compare him to Hazard, who could’ve forced a move to Madrid, but instead rejected a lot of elite clubs and gave us years of incredible service throughout the majority (potentially all) of his peak years. CHO wanted to pack up and go at the first offer after never having even scored a PL goal for us. Imagine when (if) he actually develops into a quality forward and more of the big boys come knocking. He will be handing in transfer requests daily. Chelsea means literally nothing to him.

You can say he deserves to go to a club that will give him minutes but I highly doubt he would be a regular starter at Bayern and anyone with a brain could’ve figured out he will get plenty of time this season with Hazard going, Willian and Pedro slowing down, Sarri most likely out the door and a transfer ban looming. I also think Bayern cooled their interest after CHO got injured, so it wouldn’t surprise me if that had something to do with him “recommitting”. 

But anyway, I hope he does well, but if he does do well I don’t expect him to stick around for long. 

41 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Why do you think he requested a transfer to Bayern? He thought he deserved more playing time and was worried about not getting minutes at Chelsea, so he decided to bail on his boyhood club and take the easy route instead of being patient, working his arse off and proving his worth. Minutes aren’t given, they are earned. It took Sarri to leave, months of contract stalling/negotiations, a denied transfer request, holding the club at ransom, assurances from Lampard over playing time and a ridiculously pricey contract for a largely unproven teenager to finally commit to us. He was either poorly advised or has an extreme sense of entitlement. KdB and Lukaku were lambasted by Chelsea fans for also exploring options when they weren’t guaranteed starters, so I don’t see how CHO is any different. If CHO got his way straight up he would be in Germany right now.

The other thing that really highlighted his poor attitude is after we finally secured his signature, he stated he’s not ready to leave Chelsea... “yet”. Firstly, he lied. He was ready to piss off in January. Secondly, if you read between the lines, it’s like he is one day expecting to outgrow this club. He just comes across as incredibly ungrateful, especially when you compare him to Hazard, who could’ve forced a move to Madrid, but instead rejected a lot of elite clubs and gave us years of incredible service throughout the majority (potentially all) of his peak years. CHO wanted to pack up and go at the first offer after never having even scored a PL goal for us. Imagine when (if) he actually develops into a quality forward and more of the big boys come knocking. He will be handing in transfer requests daily. Chelsea means literally nothing to him.

You can say he deserves to go to a club that will give him minutes but I highly doubt he would be a regular starter at Bayern and anyone with a brain could’ve figured out he will get plenty of time this season with Hazard going, Willian and Pedro slowing down, Sarri most likely out the door and a transfer ban looming. I also think Bayern cooled their interest after CHO got injured, so it wouldn’t surprise me if that had something to do with him “recommitting”. 

But anyway, I hope he does well, but if he does do well I don’t expect him to stick around for long. 

This is football, loyalty works both ways, we have ruthlessly released many player's that would have sold their arses to get as much as one minute playing for Chelsea (most famous example Declan Rice) so we can't exactly moan when the boots on the other foot.

The only way i would have criticised Callum during the saga is if he was phoning it in on the pitch and becoming distructive off it, which clearly wasn't the case (a day after his transfer request he put in his best display so far for us and was always in good spirits with other squad members). As for the "yet" bit, if he see's himself playing abroad at some point then good luck to him, player's have short careers, i'll just revert back to my previous point that aslong as his future desires (if that's what they are) don't spill onto the pitch then he shouldn't be criticised for them. Also to furtheradd, if he does want to go to an elite club for his peak years that means he will have to perform here at a world class level, so even that scenario carries a somewhat good result for us.

14 hours ago, Jason said:

One meeting but it took him about 10 weeks to sign the actual contract. I smell bullshit because there is no way we are that bad at dealing with setting up new contracts. No way in hell. 

One meeting but it took him about 10 weeks to sign the actual contract. I smell bullshit because there is no way we are that bad at dealing with setting up new contracts. No way in hell. 

The article said that he wanted to stay due to Frank. Obviously after that comes the negotiations regarding his salary and that could take some weeks

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, killer1257 said:

He just came from a hamstring injury. Keep calm

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Calm as a cucumber here after a loss to the Pikeys.

Either he's fit or not. Reminds me a bit of Sturridge, ie a legend in his own mind before reality.