Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Looking at the two situations of CHO and Hazard, I know which one makes me the happiest.....

Why do we want Hazard fail at Real? He  was our hero in this decade, Madrid was his dream move, he deserves it, I hope he will be succesful.

12 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Why do we want Hazard fail at Real? He  was our hero in this decade, Madrid was his dream move, he deserves it, I hope he will be succesful.

Who said anything about failing? The moment he left that was closure for me, no tears, we move on and we have done.

Whether he's a hero at Madrid or a failure I care little either way.

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Looking at the two situations of CHO and Hazard, I know which one makes me the happiest.....

The best outcome is the one we are seeing.

We haven't struggle with goals since we let hazard go I think alot of us fear we would we are no long hazard FC no more if we can iron out our silly defence errors we will finished in the top 4 this season 

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

It was more comment made on future prediction. 

Dont see how its obvious to see because for me it definitely isnt. He is going to be a top player but if he reaches the level of Sterling or Eden he will be a huge player regardless. Just need to let these kids play and develop st their own rate without putting outrageous assumptions or demands on them. I mean not many players will be as good as Eden or Raheem Sterling. Its the harsh reality.

9 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Who said anything about failing? The moment he left that was closure for me, no tears, we move on and we have done.

Whether he's a hero at Madrid or a failure I care little either way.

" Looking at the two situations of CHO and Hazard, I know which one makes me the happiest..... "

I don't understand what you mean by Hazard's situation then.

https://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/lampard-hudson-odoi-needs-to-learn-from-sterling-and/getwt5osv5061caog0rzrn0qq

"The minute I took the job I made contact with Callum because I knew his contract situation and I felt it was a big sign to him that he should stay, absolutely the right decision for him and the club, and the club were trying to make it happen so, as the manager, I got involved there," Lampard told reporters at Cobham Training Centre.

"Since he has come back on the pitch, I’ve been saying, sometimes speaking to the outside world, that he can do better because I feel like he is a player who will react well to those because I only want the best for him.

"I don’t like to mention other players but I think Raheem Sterling is such a good role model for a young English player in roughly the same position to see the development and for me that is hard work behind the scenes that Raheem has brought into his game in all senses.

"And I want that from Callum and that starts with what he does day-in, day-out in every bit of training cannot be lost on him. He has to get every ounce out of it and listen to me and listen to the staff. And his teammates because that will drive him as well.

"Jorginho plays like that, so it is all good at the minute and I hope his development keeps going at the rate it is. I don’t want to sound like I’m being ultra-firm with him day-in, day-out. I was the first to congratulate him against Newcastle, particularly when he ran back to tackle their full back in the corner with a recovery run.

"But there are moments with all the younger players when they need to hear the cruel reality of football because it is only being on edge consistently will bring them the big celebratory moments they will get when things all go well."

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

so far Lamps is sounding and acting like a superb manager

I am so impressed

8 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I'm so tempted to put up a video by Public Enemy called Don't believe the hype. Yes he's young and is coming back from a bad injury but everytime I see him I'm just not that impressed. I'm not expecting Messi like performances but for someone who virtually put a gun to the clubs head regarding his future he's been average at best.

Exactly. Suprisingly quiet thread since the Newcastle game.

Although if it was Willian who played as beyond avergely as he did last night or v Burnley and Ajax, it would be a different story. 120,000 bangers a week or if you believe some other reports 180,000. He needs to do a lot lot more. I know Alonso played bad but even then when he plays good or does okay,  his thread still gets absolutely topped til the rims with continous slaggings too. Cant hold one player to different standards as everyone else.

Some people need to take the whole academy player so he can get off with it shit out of the equation at times. He basically had a gun to the clubs head as youve said for a huge new contract after playing maybe 20 games last season, to the likes of which Mount, Ruben, Andreas and Tammy didnt as theirs were earned and given more as a reward through hard work at other clubs in lower leagues/lesser teams.

Not saying CHO hasnt worked hard to get in here, he obviously has but the hard work cannot stop and the whole contract and transfer request still leaves a bit of a sour taste personally. Performances in the last 3 games havent been anywhere near good enough from him,  he looked half the player he was last season at times. Regardless of long term injury or not hes been back fit since September, his fitness isnt in question, he has played well v Newcastle but again doing it in one game in 4 isnt enough.

He needs to be not tagged with the academy/youth shit now, he's a big boy and can walk on his own....His performances must reflect how he wants to be seen.

No hiding place now, he can do this.

18 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I'm so tempted to put up a video by Public Enemy called Don't believe the hype. Yes he's young and is coming back from a bad injury but everytime I see him I'm just not that impressed. I'm not expecting Messi like performances but for someone who virtually put a gun to the clubs head regarding his future he's been average at best.

Yes, I'm afraid I have to agree with this. I'm sold on Reece and I believe in Fik, but the rest of the graduates have much to prove.

Can do better, but...have to remember he's only 18. Not every player is like Messi or Mbappe. Him being paid 6 figures a week (which is probably due to difficulty in negotiations), won't change that.

It might not for you, but plenty of others are expecting him to finally do his talking where it matters.

He will do fine as a left winger. As a right winger, he is just not good enough. People need to understand that he is a very one dimensional player when he plays as a right winger.

Also do not forget that he has got a lot of assists since he came back. He will do fine as a left winger or as a second striker.

What I do not like about our fans is that they always criticise him for the money he is earning. Sarri just fucked up. CHO was destroying it in pre season. Sarri did not rate him and CHO got frustrated by his lack of game time. Then he wanted to leave. If Sarri actually Integrated him better into the Team, he would have signed a new contract with way less money. The Bayern interest came later. Just a Sarri fuck up.
Live with that.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

12 hours ago, LAM09 said:

It might not for you, but plenty of others are expecting him to finally do his talking where it matters.

Maybe you have a very high estimation of him.

I haven't seen anything special from him when we played big teams, and this goes back to last season when we played at Anfield, when he disappeared in attack.

But, I'm attributing this to the fact that hes still not fully developed as player and has still a few years ago, considering his age.

I haven't seen anything special from him when we played big teams, and this goes back to last season when we played at Anfield, when he disappeared in attack.
But, I'm attributing this to the fact that hes still not fully developed as player and has still a few years ago, considering his age.
Nope. The club backed him with little to nothing to shout about, so he needs to deliver.

I couldn't care less if he was 5 or 105, he's getting judged like a "big boy". [emoji16]

At Anfield, he was playing as a right Winger and this is a Position where he plays very one dimensional. He is just not good enough in that Position.

Also, do not forget that he played with Azpi and Azpi did not go forward once in that game. CHO is not good enough as a right winger in the first place and it did not help him that Azpi was not helping him in the offensive phase.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk