Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

If this kid giving us problems signing a new deal at 18 I wonder what he's going to be like at 23 he'll probably want £500k a week 
I couldn't agree more.

Sign a 5 year deal and ship him for big bucks in 2/3 years.

If he fulfils his potential he'll be a top tier winger, but certainly replaceable with the money we'd get. He's not going to be robben/hazard/Neymar level.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, the wes said:

If this kid giving us problems signing a new deal at 18 I wonder what he's going to be like at 23 he'll probably want £500k a week 

Callum is getting a very harsh press on this one.

Player's will almost always use their cards to full effect in negotiations. Terry loves the club as much as anyone but in 2009 played chess with the board to get the best deal possible, Lampard manipulated the fanbase in 2013 to get an upper hand in negotiations, as did Terry in 2016. Don't blame any of them. If the club held all the cards and were able to stick Callum on modest wage (like they did with Mount) they would have done so without thinking twice, however Callum has us over a barrel even with his injury and he's pounced, fair play to him.

I would be very happy if their genuine discussions on whether he gets 500k a week when he's 22, why? Because that will mean we have a truly world class player on our books.

Just now, manpe said:

They were entitled to it. CHO hasn't shown anything to justify wages of a world class/legendary player, like JT and FL were. Worst case he flops and we are stuck with another dud on huge wages that nobody wants to afford (I'm still not sold on CHO being the messiah he is made out to be by our fans).

That's not really the point i'm trying to make, it's a completely different discussion entirely.

Any one that says in Callum's position they would take a 'modest wage' when there's a genuine chance of taking home treble that is either lying or thinking too romantically, he had strong cards and played them.

I’ll give him the benefit of doubt. He’s still young and hopefully he knuckles down and keeps working hard at his game without thinking that he’s made it already.

But it is worrying based on what we read in the press...his alleged wages, the demand for the 10 jersey...

To be frank, he hasn’t shown anything so far to justify any of that. True he is a talent, and he’s shown glimpses of that in the few games he’s played, but it’s too early to gauge whether he has the potential to even be the next Sterling what more the next Hazard.

We’ve seen too many instances of young players letting fame get to their head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Leveraging your position to a club you allegedly love. 

This contract alone sets his family up for generations, i love the club but in the same situation i would do exactly the same thing.

Taking £70,000 a week when you could earn nearly triple would be insanity.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

This contract alone sets his family up for generations, i love the club but in the same situation i would do exactly the same thing.

Taking £70,000 a week when you could earn nearly triple would be insanity.

He is essentially setting himself up to be the villain should his performances dip or if he doesn’t live up to expectations. 

200kpw. Wow

21 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He is essentially setting himself up to be the villain should his performances dip or if he doesn’t live up to expectations. 

200kpw. Wow

Yup, we would be right to scrutinize him like every other player who earns that much. No more Mr. Potential.

7 minutes ago, manpe said:

Yup, we would be right to scrutinize him like every other player who earns that much. No more Mr. Potential.

Another reason is that this is his own doing. Can’t blame the agent pushing for higher wages. 

Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Leveraging your position to a club you allegedly love. 
He doesn't.

Like James does from how he talks. RLC seems to hover. Pulisic (it's early ofcourse) doesn't have any connection yet whatsoever. Hopefully he does after a whole season

1 minute ago, Supermonkey92 said:

He doesn't.

Like James does from how he talks. RLC seems to hover. Pulisic (it's early ofcourse) doesn't have any connection yet whatsoever. Hopefully he does after a whole season

You’d think given he’s been with us since an early age, from ball boy to first team, there’d be a deep affection.