test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

2,537 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

CHO > Sancho, Sterling, Hazard. 

If bayern offered us 140 m last year for CHO. I'll be surprised if we say no

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Looking at the two situations of CHO and Hazard, I know which one makes me the happiest.....

The best outcome is the one we are seeing.

Precisely! Hopefully, he is now properly past his injury and can get a run in the team. Only Hazard in 2012/13, when we first signed him, excited me as much as Callum currently does. There is just an air of unpredictable genius about him. 

Vesper likes this

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Sorry but this is nonsense. Raheem Sterling and Eden Hazard are both on another level completely to Callum and Jadon. Not even debatable. 

It was more comment made on future prediction. 

Vesper likes this

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Looking at the two situations of CHO and Hazard, I know which one makes me the happiest.....

Why do we want Hazard fail at Real? He  was our hero in this decade, Madrid was his dream move, he deserves it, I hope he will be succesful.

12 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Why do we want Hazard fail at Real? He  was our hero in this decade, Madrid was his dream move, he deserves it, I hope he will be succesful.

Who said anything about failing? The moment he left that was closure for me, no tears, we move on and we have done.

Whether he's a hero at Madrid or a failure I care little either way.

kellzfresh, Strike, Vesper and 1 other like this

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

The best outcome is the one we are seeing.

We haven't struggle with goals since we let hazard go I think alot of us fear we would we are no long hazard FC no more if we can iron out our silly defence errors we will finished in the top 4 this season 

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

It was more comment made on future prediction. 

Dont see how its obvious to see because for me it definitely isnt. He is going to be a top player but if he reaches the level of Sterling or Eden he will be a huge player regardless. Just need to let these kids play and develop st their own rate without putting outrageous assumptions or demands on them. I mean not many players will be as good as Eden or Raheem Sterling. Its the harsh reality.

9 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Who said anything about failing? The moment he left that was closure for me, no tears, we move on and we have done.

Whether he's a hero at Madrid or a failure I care little either way.

" Looking at the two situations of CHO and Hazard, I know which one makes me the happiest..... "

I don't understand what you mean by Hazard's situation then.

https://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/lampard-hudson-odoi-needs-to-learn-from-sterling-and/getwt5osv5061caog0rzrn0qq

"The minute I took the job I made contact with Callum because I knew his contract situation and I felt it was a big sign to him that he should stay, absolutely the right decision for him and the club, and the club were trying to make it happen so, as the manager, I got involved there," Lampard told reporters at Cobham Training Centre.

"Since he has come back on the pitch, I’ve been saying, sometimes speaking to the outside world, that he can do better because I feel like he is a player who will react well to those because I only want the best for him.

"I don’t like to mention other players but I think Raheem Sterling is such a good role model for a young English player in roughly the same position to see the development and for me that is hard work behind the scenes that Raheem has brought into his game in all senses.

"And I want that from Callum and that starts with what he does day-in, day-out in every bit of training cannot be lost on him. He has to get every ounce out of it and listen to me and listen to the staff. And his teammates because that will drive him as well.

"Jorginho plays like that, so it is all good at the minute and I hope his development keeps going at the rate it is. I don’t want to sound like I’m being ultra-firm with him day-in, day-out. I was the first to congratulate him against Newcastle, particularly when he ran back to tackle their full back in the corner with a recovery run.

"But there are moments with all the younger players when they need to hear the cruel reality of football because it is only being on edge consistently will bring them the big celebratory moments they will get when things all go well."

Stats, OneMoSalah, Strike and 1 other like this

He needs to play as a left winger or he should be on the bench. No point playing him in a position where he does not perform. Only quality he has as a right winger are his crossing abilities. Thats it.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Bosnian Blue likes this

8 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I'm so tempted to put up a video by Public Enemy called Don't believe the hype. Yes he's young and is coming back from a bad injury but everytime I see him I'm just not that impressed. I'm not expecting Messi like performances but for someone who virtually put a gun to the clubs head regarding his future he's been average at best.

Exactly. Suprisingly quiet thread since the Newcastle game.

Although if it was Willian who played as beyond avergely as he did last night or v Burnley and Ajax, it would be a different story. 120,000 bangers a week or if you believe some other reports 180,000. He needs to do a lot lot more. I know Alonso played bad but even then when he plays good or does okay,  his thread still gets absolutely topped til the rims with continous slaggings too. Cant hold one player to different standards as everyone else.

Some people need to take the whole academy player so he can get off with it shit out of the equation at times. He basically had a gun to the clubs head as youve said for a huge new contract after playing maybe 20 games last season, to the likes of which Mount, Ruben, Andreas and Tammy didnt as theirs were earned and given more as a reward through hard work at other clubs in lower leagues/lesser teams.

Not saying CHO hasnt worked hard to get in here, he obviously has but the hard work cannot stop and the whole contract and transfer request still leaves a bit of a sour taste personally. Performances in the last 3 games havent been anywhere near good enough from him,  he looked half the player he was last season at times. Regardless of long term injury or not hes been back fit since September, his fitness isnt in question, he has played well v Newcastle but again doing it in one game in 4 isnt enough.

Vybz Kartel and Iggy Doonican like this

Can do better, but...have to remember he's only 18. Not every player is like Messi or Mbappe. Him being paid 6 figures a week (which is probably due to difficulty in negotiations), won't change that.

killer1257 likes this