test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

2,451 posts in this topic

Can't believe people are genuinely concerned whether CHO is worth the £180k a week. He is worth every penny in today's game. I'm soo fucking pumped to see him tearing up that LW spot. It's going to be monumental.

Can't believe people are genuinely concerned whether CHO is worth the £180k a week. He is worth every penny in today's game. I'm soo fucking pumped to see him tearing up that LW spot. It's going to be monumental.

He's done the least out of our all youngsters & is set to become second highest paid teen in the world. People have the right to have their doubts about us kneeling to his demands (still yet to sign btw). 

Shocker, I know.

manpe and Atomiswave like this

33 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He's done the least out of our all youngsters & is set to become second highest paid teen in the world. People have the right to have their doubts about us kneeling to his demands (still yet to sign btw). 

Shocker, I know.

Football is funny because if CHO delivers, no one, not you, me or anyone else will give a shit if he was paid this much at such young age.

Football is funny because if CHO delivers, no one, not you, me or anyone else will give a shit if he was paid this much at such young age.
Money really isn't an issue for me. It's the way he's gone about his business and effectively has nothing to back it up.

How I miss the days of players earning their wage.
Atomiswave and Vesper like this

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Money really isn't an issue for me. It's the way he's gone about his business and effectively has nothing to back it up.

How I miss the days of players earning their wage.

I understand you, Im not happy about all of this either, but thats just the way football is nowdays.

We can always say no and he becomes next "Mbappe or Sancho" in Bayern, Liverpool etc.

I understand you, Im not happy about all of this either, but thats just the way football is nowdays.
We can always say no and he becomes next "Mbappe or Sancho" in Bayern, Liverpool etc.
Or another Solanke...

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
16 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Or another Solanke...

Its upto the coaches to identify which then.

Robchels likes this

Its upto the coaches to identify which then.
Which what?

Solanke would have still been at the club had he not set demands. Club had a no nonsense policy not so long ago, so it has nothing to be with "identifying".

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Which what?

Solanke would have still been at the club had he not set demands. Club had a no nonsense policy not so long ago, so it has nothing to be with "identifying".

Nothing to do with no nonsense, the reason why the club took a "no nonsense" stance on Solanke was the fact he wasn't good enough nor had the potential to be, Odoi by comparison is arguably our best winger currently and has elite potential.

Robchels and 1905didierblue like this

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Nothing to do with no nonsense, the reason why the club took a "no nonsense" stance on Solanke was the fact he wasn't good enough nor had the potential to be, Odoi by comparison is arguably our best winger currently and has elite potential.

Agreed, caveat injury.

The injury does make the delay in signing the contract a bit more suspicious as in, why isn’t the player rushing to sign given he’s only now returning to full fitness ? What if he re injuries his Achilles?

Tomo likes this

The bar is at such a standard.

I've yet to see anything "elite" about him. Kudos to those that have seen his immense talent, though.

He played today as a LW where he is at its best. Played a very good first half. He started his second half slow and made some bad passes. After 5 , he got back to his rhythm and played made some good passes and crosses. In second half, he had a pretty free role. He was often seen in the middle of the pitch, but also on the right side of the pitch.

The most important thing was that he is still very fast. That was my only concern. He played 60 minutes and then beast Anjorin came

Atomiswave and kellzfresh like this

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

The bar is at such a standard. emoji849.png

I've yet to see anything "elite" about him. Kudos to those that have seen his immense talent, though.

Speaking for myself of course, but I usually look for quickness in general. How quickly a player gains control of the football (first touch) and then, assuming he has good technique, how quickly he can make use of his good technique. That shows how natural he is with the ball at his feet.

The final pass and/or finishing is the tricky part because even the talented youngsters may not have that well-developed yet. Power, positioning, decisions, and concentration, are typically things they will have to develop still.

So, for me Cho’s quick feet and good technique make him a very good prospect, even if there is risk in betting so much on him. There is always a risk.

12 hours ago, LAM09 said:
12 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Or another Solanke...

Bro, Solanke should not be mentioned in the same discussion as Odoi. Callum is light years ahead of average. 

1905didierblue likes this

Bro, Solanke should not be mentioned in the same discussion as Odoi. Callum is light years ahead of average. 
They both wanted more money. I'll continue to compare