test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

2,343 posts in this topic
8 hours ago, Robchels said:

That’s one risky move :) 

Some employers have a policy as to not hold people who at some point wanted to leave. It’s a policy around commitment and whatnot. Glad it paid off.

CHOs hard stance looks like a risky move as well. Say he would reinjury his Achilles in the first 6 months into the last year of his deal... not a good place to be.

Calculated risk, i work in the company's shop where most others including the main boses don't want to be.

Robchels likes this

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

You mentioned what the point would be and I've stated why. We needed Hazard massively whilst that couldn't be further from the case in regard to CHO.
He had something to gain from not sulking, one way or another.

But he still performed and we reaped the benefits, no? Like I alluded to in the initial reply, we practically only have 4 wingers at the moment, including CHO. If we don't play him just because he doesn't want to sign a new contract, then we're practically 1 injury away from flogging the other 2 to death. Unless he starts to stink up the place, I don't see what's the point of dropping him...unless of course, you want to see the likes of Piazon, Kenedy in the XI week in week out!

Anyway, I really don't get this constant paranoia on CHO's contract situation. Like, we don't even know the exact situation regarding it and people are jumping on him just because he hasn't signed one. If he's going to sign it, then he'll sign it eventually, whenever that may be. If he doesn't, then kinda like what Tomo said, whatever. We deal with it and move on.

Superblue_1986 likes this

But he still performed and we reaped the benefits, no? Like I alluded to in the initial reply, we practically only have 4 wingers at the moment, including CHO. If we don't play him just because he doesn't want to sign a new contract, then we're practically 1 injury away from flogging the other 2 to death. Unless he starts to stink up the place, I don't see what's the point of dropping him...unless of course, you want to see the likes of Piazon, Kenedy in the XI week in week out!
Anyway, I really don't get this constant paranoia on CHO's contract situation. Like, we don't even know the exact situation regarding it and people are jumping on him just because he hasn't signed one. If he's going to sign it, then he'll sign it eventually, whenever that may be. If he doesn't, then kinda like what Tomo said, whatever. We deal with it and move on.

I'd honestly prefer Kenedy to take his place, if he is hell-bent on leaving.

Couldn't care less if he signs or not at this point. I just can't stand players (youngsters especially) that expect the earth because of some interest rather than on merit.

Do your talking on the pitch and the rest will follow.

Just now, LAM09 said:

I'd honestly prefer Kenedy to take his place, if he is hell-bent on leaving.

Couldn't care less if he signs or not at this point. I just can't stand players (youngsters especially) that expect the earth because of some interest rather than on merit.

Do your talking on the pitch and the rest will follow.

tumblr_n4y6naJKke1smcbm7o1_400.gif

Vesper likes this

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Unless CHO shows bad attitude etc, I don't see what's the point of this, especially when our squad isn't greatly filled with wingers at the moment. He still performed every time he played last season, after the Bayern interest came in and even after we reportedly turned down his transfer request. Similarly to Hazard's case last year, he wasn't going to sign a new contract (hell, he dragged the situation on for ages before his final decision was confirmed) but he didn't "check out", did he? 

hazard is a world class player and not playing him would be suicidal when we were competing in pl and europa legue. cho is not near at that level and losing him would not cost as much. especially when we wont get top4 anyways.

no point of developing a player who will leave. rather give time to another player who wants to be here and will be here in the future.

2 hours ago, whats happening said:

hazard is a world class player and not playing him would be suicidal when we were competing in pl and europa legue. cho is not near at that level and losing him would not cost as much. especially when we wont get top4 anyways.

no point of developing a player who will leave. rather give time to another player who wants to be here and will be here in the future.

If we have great options out wide, then by all means, send CHO to the reserves to rot etc. But we don't and he's still better than the alternatives like Kenedy, Piazon etc.

16 hours ago, Jason said:

If we have great options out wide, then by all means, send CHO to the reserves to rot etc. But we don't and he's still better than the alternatives like Kenedy, Piazon etc.

True and Kenedy can’t play football.

however, even with adequate insurance, cho will be coming back from a serious injury and worries about his contract will be in his mind.

6mo in he can sign a deal (w any club) and then play with more confidence, but I’d not count on him unless he’s signed.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/16/frank-lampard-updates-on-callum-hudson-odoi-s-future-and-possibl

'With Callum of course I want him to sign and stay here. He’s a player who's come through the Academy; he’s a player who can be a big player for Chelsea and England. We as a club as a whole want him to stay, for sure.

'I think he knows he has a manager here who wants to work with him to improve, and that takes hard work. Nothing is given, especially when you’re 18 years of age, but with all the attributes Callum has we want him to come through at Chelsea and be a big player for us now and in the future.

‘There a few younger players now, some have signed, some I think will sign in the next month or in the early part of the season, and it’s important we move forward on that. I know as a club we are doing our best from top to bottom.’

Bayern Munich have resigned to the fact that Chelsea will not sell Callum Hudson-Odoi under any circumstances this summer and are now actively pursuing alternative transfer targets.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-news-callum-hudson-odoi-bayern-munich-contract-latest-a9008276.html

Fernando, Robchels and Vesper like this

This Cho saga needs to come to an end I don't want this dragging on the way hazard saga went :middlefinger: it's not good having a player with this attitude if you don't play me I'm leaving 

Vesper likes this

'There's two things, there's the football side which I'm completely involved in - and then making sure the contract is signed, which I'm not,' Lampard told Sky Sports News.

'So to say I'm confident would mean I know every side, I don't, I leave that to the club. What I do know is that the club want Callum to sign.

'Callum knows how I feel, I've spoken to him. I think he can be absolutely central to this team.

'We all care for the players at this club, particularly the young players - it's important I show that. Then the decision will be his and the club's together.'

Fernando and Vesper like this