test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

18. Olivier Giroud

Started by Jason,

211 posts in this topic

Best supersub in the world isn't he but I agree with others that he should be actually starting these types of games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lad had a great day. HAS to be the starter now.

Thought he had twisted his testimonials when he did his splits assist!

Great partnnership with Eden and amazing comment to get from him. 

"He's a targetman, maybe the best in the world. I think so. When he gets the ball, he can hold it and we can go with him.

"For us, he's a player to play with. When Alvaro was playing it is completely different, he's a different player with different qualities, and it's good to have two good strikers in the team."

 

 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/09/2018 at 4:54 PM, lucio said:

needs to be a starter

I agree with Giroud hold up play I can see Hazard score alot of goals from his hold up play 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giroud could well indirectly sort the problem of us not having a player to score the bulk of our goals to challenge this season. It doesn't need to be the striker, if Hazard can get 20-25 league goals this season that will be fine as we have a number of players who can chip in 5,10,15 goals a season each to help spread the rest of the goal scoring.

Unionjack and kellzfresh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morata should get used to Thursday nights and League Cup matches. Giroud is a total different kind of animal, brings so much to the game even if he does not score, a la Benzema. 

Benzema's goal scoring record is nowhere near worth of a centre forward playing for Madrid, yet it's how many years since he's the undisputed centre forward there? 8? 9? I can name at least 10 other strikers with a better record than Benzema that Madrid could have easily bought. But they did not. I feel Giroud adds the same dimension to the game and could create a terrific partnership with Eden, a la Cristiano and Benzema. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Morata should get used to Thursday nights and League Cup matches. Giroud is a total different kind of animal, brings so much to the game even if he does not score, a la Benzema. 

Benzema's goal scoring record is nowhere near worth of a centre forward playing for Madrid, yet it's how many years since he's the undisputed centre forward there? 8? 9? I can name at least 10 other strikers with a better record than Benzema that Madrid could have easily bought. But they did not. I feel Giroud adds the same dimension to the game and could create a terrific partnership with Eden, a la Cristiano and Benzema. 

You must not have watched Benzema so far this year, now that he is back as a pure point man. His role was also different much of the time in the past couple of seasons with RM, and he had a nine year run (including with Real up until 2016-17) where he averaged almost 25 goals a year and 14 assists, including 2 seasons over 30 goals.

Vastly superior player compared to Morata.

Blusan Alamb and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Giroud could well indirectly sort the problem of us not having a player to score the bulk of our goals to challenge this season. It doesn't need to be the striker, if Hazard can get 20-25 league goals this season that will be fine as we have a number of players who can chip in 5,10,15 goals a season each to help spread the rest of the goal scoring.

Now if we could finally get a proper balance to Eden on the RW thats when a goal scoring striker wouldm't seem so important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Now if we could finally get a proper balance to Eden on the RW thats when a goal scoring striker wouldm't seem so important.

Pedro isnt world class obviously, but so far he was amazing. If he keeps up for this season, RW wont be a problem this season.

And IMO proper striker is always required, unless you have some 30+goal a season freak individual (Ronaldo, Salah, Messi). 

Striker still adds that clinical finish, and more importantly is always in right spot. Lw and Rw can be good finishers, but they are not exactly waiting infront of goal to finish off the chances.

eemanyooel, Unionjack and 11Drogba like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Pedro isnt world class obviously, but so far he was amazing. If he keeps up for this season, RW wont be a problem this season.

And IMO proper striker is always required, unless you have some 30+goal a season freak individual (Ronaldo, Salah, Messi). 

Striker still adds that clinical finish, and more importantly is always in right spot. Lw and Rw can be good finishers, but they are not exactly waiting infront of goal to finish off the chances.

Sounds like our strikers eh Of course in a perfect world we would have at least 1 striker we could count on to give us goals but IF we could get ourselves a good balance for Eden - something we have needed and have tried MANY in that position to find one - then at least it wouldn't be so imperative to find a top striker and to talk him into joining us.

I'm not skagging Pedro off as I do prefer his more direct approach over Willians fussy style. And I wouldn't mind at all us keeping him as supersub IF we could sign someone like Bailey.

11Drogba likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Vesper said:

You must not have watched Benzema so far this year, now that he is back as a pure point man. His role was also different much of the time in the past couple of seasons with RM, and he had a nine year run (including with Real up until 2016-17) where he averaged almost 25 goals a year and 14 assists, including 2 seasons over 30 goals.

Vastly superior player compared to Morata.

I am not saying he is rubbish mate, exactly the opposite, just that he is not the first name you'd expect to see on the scoresheet when Madrid score, although his impact is still big. Similar to Busquets when Guardiola promoted him, nobody understood his role, did not score, did not assists, but his role was vital in Guardiola's philosophy of controlling games from the middle of the park. Years went by and people used to say that you recognise why players like Busquets are so important only when they do not play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giroud is mister unlucky.
Could have scored twice early on in the game against Cardiff, back in 2016 lost the european cup because the ball wanted to bounce away from the Portuguese goalmouth.
But the man eats every blade of grass,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Giroud is mister unlucky.
Could have scored twice early on in the game against Cardiff, back in 2016 lost the european cup because the ball wanted to bounce away from the Portuguese goalmouth.
But the man eats every blade of grass,

 

We are plagued by those players lol

Just look at the chances Pedro Mercury had. If he could put those chances away he would def be our top scorer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We are plagued by those players lol

Just look at the chances Pedro Mercury had. If he could put those chances away he would def be our top scorer.

We had better ones, Lamps-Didier.
Pedro was in Barca's first squad - got replaced by the biteman.
Δει δη χρημάτων ω άνδρες Αθηναίοι, if you want a new Didier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Δει δη χρημάτων ω άνδρες Αθηναίοι

Thats easy for you to say! f258bf24ba0510ea3cad990d50a7b0e8.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.