test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

33. Emerson Palmieri

Started by Jason,

563 posts in this topic

here are my debbie-downer prognostications

we are going to get absolutely split from mouth to cunt on

Emerson
Alonso 
Jorginho
Bats
Bakayoko
Barkley
AC
Zappacosta
Danny Drinkwater
Abdul Rahman Baba
Victor Moses    
Kenedy  

was should be (and this is my COVID-19 reduced fair sale price total) getting around £240-250m for those 12 (don't even get me started on the offers we have turned down for some)

we will end up being around £150-160m MAX or so, £170m if we are super lucky

The total cost for those 12 in just transfer fees and add-ons (NOT counting wasted massive salaries that we have paid out/subsidised) was around £300m

the only two we will make a profit on will be Barkley (hopefully, if not then you can whack another £10-15m off my final intake tally) and AC

the rest will be massive write-offs

 

 

 

blu35_army and bigbluewillie like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Going to need to start loaning our players at this rate. Or just lower the price
Was any other club even interested?
Only saw Inter links for couple of months

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Was any other club even interested?
Only saw Inter links for couple of months

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk
 

Juve, napoli

killer1257 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy much like Luis just didnt work out here.

But IMO he will turn serie a upside down if he ends there. And maybe even ends up better LB than Chilwell. Not for us, but in general.

ja1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

This guy much like Luis just didnt work out here.

But IMO he will turn serie a upside down if he ends there. And maybe even ends up better LB than Chilwell. Not for us, but in general.

Another factor in the club going for Ben over Reguillon, Tagliafico

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Scenes if CHO gets loaned out and Emerson becomes our backup winger...

He played better than CHO imo

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will never be the goal threat Alonso is, but I trust him and feel more comfortable with him as an option than Marcos. Mainly because he can move about the pitch well and can actually get past a defender with his dribbling and pace.

 

Unionjack, ja1 and 0007 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he was gone. Out the door completely.

 

But he played pretty well today all over the pitch so who knows. I can't see us keeping 3 left backs though. But maybe he's now a right winger

 

bigbluewillie, ja1 and kellzfresh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/09/2020 at 10:17 PM, Hutcho said:

I thought he was gone. Out the door completely.

 

But he played pretty well today all over the pitch so who knows. I can't see us keeping 3 left backs though. But maybe he's now a right winger

 

The problem with Emerson is twofold. First, is that, like Alonso, he is best as a LWB and not great at LB. Second, is that he appeared to want to leave last season and looked liked he gave up. Alonso has a lot of critics but some of the performances Emerson put in last season where absolutely diabolical. 

As for his long term future, I think he is gone this window still. Most likely as a loan to buy with option as that is all we seem to do now. 

bigbluewillie likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



The problem with Emerson is twofold. First, is that, like Alonso, he is best as a LWB and not great at LB. Second, is that he appeared to want to leave last season and looked liked he gave up. Alonso has a lot of critics but some of the performances Emerson put in last season where absolutely diabolical. 
As for his long term future, I think he is gone this window still. Most likely as a loan to buy with option as that is all we seem to do now. 


That's all true but luckily this year its just a backup role and some rotation we need them for.

I'd rather keep alonso if I had to pick just 1 as he offers something different and we know he can be effective if we play 3 at the back.
bigbluewillie likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a defender hes a far better winger

Hes faster than Alonso yet doesnt seem to put the crosses in he CAN

Alonsos also that added extra with his headers and can take a good free kick.

I had to think a couple of times who he was the other day. Looks like a different player,

I really have no idea who our squad will end up being with so many to get rid of. The loan army numbers have gone down havent they.

Should just have a fire sale.

Tho I dont want us to get rid of Barkley. Hes a good squad player from bench and I do like him with Kova.

Cant let Gooners have Jorgi neither!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

As a defender hes a far better winger

Hes faster than Alonso yet doesnt seem to put the crosses in he CAN

Alonsos also that added extra with his headers and can take a good free kick.

I had to think a couple of times who he was the other day. Looks like a different player,

I really have no idea who our squad will end up being with so many to get rid of. The loan army numbers have gone down havent they.

Should just have a fire sale.

Tho I dont want us to get rid of Barkley. Hes a good squad player from bench and I do like him with Kova.

Cant let Gooners have Jorgi neither!

The crazy part for emerson is that he is actually a better fit for our system but he was so bad that alonso who actually not suited with our style outperformed him big time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.