test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

33. Emerson Palmieri

Started by Jason,

507 posts in this topic
11 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

What the fuck is on with him. He looked like a good enough player and has suddenly turned into bakayoko playing the full back position.

He wants to return to Italy. There is no other explanation. 

Think he wants out and/or knows he is off.   I dont mind him but lately he has been so poor.  I am not a huge Alonso fan either and think LB is crying out for strengthening.  And no, not Ian Maatsen

OhForAGreavsie likes this

On 11/30/2019 at 9:53 PM, Vesper said:

Benjamin Mendy is SHIT in every game I seem him play this year, he was poor against us too

that is BAD news

that means Pep is so going to make a play for Chilwell :(

Was the best left back in the world when he came from Monaco. I watched him his debut for city, pep pretty much designed his left side to cater to Mendy. He was a monster. 

He had too many long injuries in short time.

killer1257 likes this

4 minutes ago, communicate said:

Was the best left back in the world when he came from Monaco. I watched him his debut for city, pep pretty much designed his left side to cater to Mendy. He was a monster. 

He had too many long injuries in short time.

no no

he was NOT even close to the best LB in the world at Monaco

I am very well versed on Monaco, my father has a flat there (in La Condamine if you know Monaco), He is a season ticket holder for ages, I have been to a fair share of their games, including a few in their last title year

I have posted on them multiple times here

and Mendy was good, but nowhere near Alaba, Jordi Alba, Marcelo, Alex Sandro,etc etc level

OneMoSalah and OhForAGreavsie like this

On 27/12/2019 at 6:55 PM, Tomo said:

I said this at the time, people were so desperate to see Alonso dropped they turned Emerson into something he's not, just like they did with Baba Rahman when Ivanovic was declining.

Say what you like about Marcos and god knows he's frustrating as fuck, but atleast he has an upside of some substance even if we only see it about 20% of the time. Emerson may aswell change his name to John Doe while on the pitch, plain and ordinary is an understatement.

So many weaknesses but, for me, the worst is how closed he is when receiving an out ball. With such body shape there is only one way the ball is going next; back in the direction it came from.

Superblue_1986, Vesper and Tomo like this

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Excellent tweet. Either a man of sense or a communications department that's really on the ball. If the latter then I don't care if that communication department works at CFC or with his agent. It would just be nice to know that at least one of our players is getting that kind of quality support.

killer1257 likes this

7 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

What the fuck is on with him. He looked like a good enough player and has suddenly turned into bakayoko playing the full back position.

My feeling is that it's your opinion which has changed, not Emerson's contribution.

Vesper likes this

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

That's what coaching staff are for.

Even the greatest manager ever (Fergie) more than likely had his bacon saved by McLaren, Querioz and Phelan on occasions.

Yep, having the sense to listen to advice, and the judgement to know when to do it, is a leadership quality. When your job is to make decisions, it's not unreasonable to get the credit for making good ones, even if the idea was not yours.

Tomo likes this

25 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

My feeling is that it's your opinion which has changed, not Emerson's contribution.

To be very fair to emerson, he started the season well. 

killer1257 likes this

7 hours ago, DDA said:

He wants to return to Italy. There is no other explanation. 

Great. So hopefully we buy 2 lbs in the window. 

4 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

To be very fair to emerson, he started the season well. 

Maybe my judgement has been a bit affected by confirmation bias then because I've never believed in him and don't feel I saw what you saw early in this season. Although, like all players, Emerson has better days and less good days, I see him as an ordinary player and players' performances seldom move too far out of their talent group.

Vesper likes this

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

:(

It's crucial we get one top left back ASAP. Who is the second option is not that much important at the moment. We have far bigger issues. 

killer1257 likes this

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

:(

Possibly a negotiation tactic to; improve his prospects of a pay-off, improve his prospects of getting the move he wants by forcing Chelsea show that it's them, not the player, who is driving the sale and therefore weakening their position in regard to the fee, or both.

Vesper likes this