Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

18 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If we dont plan to use him then sell him. Buy Chilwell.

But dont be surprised if he soon blows out in juve or wherever he goes. He is nowhere near as bad as our management pictures him tob be.

He will probably get even less game time at Juve than he does here.

12 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Exclusive: Juve have their eyes on Emerson Palmieri as Chelsea ask for Rogerio

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/exclusive-juve-have-their-eyes-on-emerson-palmieri-as-chelsea-as-10084

Who the fuck is Rogerio? Would he be good enough to bench Alonso and improve our starting XI?

36 minutes ago, manpe said:

Who the fuck is Rogerio? Would he be good enough to bench Alonso and improve our starting XI?

LOL I know bud. Its like they smell blood in the water and are coming snapping players up on the cheap!

1 hour ago, manpe said:

From what I have seen I woukd say no. He is a part time starter at Sassuolo, hardly a powerhouse club, but he is only 21 (turned 21 3 days ago). I hope he isn't an Emerson clone. 

I have no idea why we just don't buy a true quality LB like Chilwell, Firpo, or Alex Telles. All 3 of those (or the ultimate buy, Lucas Hernandez) would (well should,  as you never know with Sarri) instantly bench Alonso.

I guess we shall see with Rogerio. Maybe I an underestimating him, but he was barely ever in my evaluations (quite extensive) for LB targets. 

If he is so good, why are Juve letting him go? Especially as they must rate EMERSON as better. Not looking so good to me.

Good performance from him tonight. He is quite raw and occasionally sloppy at times but you can’t tell me he doesn’t have potential, that he’s any worse than Alonso (as other people have said on this forum on the Alonso thread) or that he doesn’t provide a clear difference to him. 

He should be given a run of games. There’s every chance he improved further with game tome. In fact give a run till end of the season. There’s a very slight possibility we may not need a new LB with Emerson and I’m keen to see how he does.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It's sooooooooooooooooooooooo refreshing to see a full back charging up and down the flank with pace and causing danger in the opposition box. Emerson wasn't afraid to take on players and attack the box and the others were confident in playing the ball into space, knowing he has the pace to get onto it, unlike Alonso, who must always receive the ball at his feet. 

But knowing Sarri, he'll probably drop Emerson back to the bench for Alonso when the league returns next week...

Nah I believe Emerson starts from now on.

Sarri can be stubborn but he's not stupid. He can now see Emerson is twice the player that Alonslow is.