• Hazard
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain to me what is the board/Conte vision here?

They complain we dont have depth. We need depth so we can rely on other players and rest first choices. 

BUT, correct me if Im wrong, Conte still plays same players week in week out. Why? Because we dont have reliable players on the bench FFS. 

The whole point of having depth is so we can rotate and keep the quality on similar level, but now we actualy do have the depth, those players are absolutely shite. 

I cant believe our board is buying the depth just so we can have players on bench. But these players are terrible, no wonder Conte keeps playing starters over and over. Because when we play our "depth", we play incredibly shit. 

Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Cahill, Zappacosta,...they are all here to add good bench options when we need to rotate, but they are terrible players. No wonder Conte doesnt want to rotate. 

And now we added Barkley, Emerson and Giroud to the mix, I dont have any good feeling about either to be honest. Barkley doesnt fit the formation, Giroud is Giroud and Emerson had awful injury, who knows when will he bit fit physicaly and mentaly to start for us and become important member. 

We should be signing grade A players, who would bench the likes of Alonso, Bakayoko, Pedro; instead we are buying lesser! players for bench and still play underperforming players. 

We splashed shitload of cash for absolutely average players. 

When we needed to score today, or in any other game this season, you can see how useless our players are. They cant do shit, cant dribble, cant pass, cant keep possesion, cant press, cant put pressure to score the goal...apart from two or three players who do their job. 

Then you have our might depth on bench, with zero quality again. City has better bench than we have starting 11 for fuck sake, yet the board doesnt change anything. 

Even if we are out of league and have slim chances in CL, we still need to finish strong in PL and we need to reinforce team anyway for next season. We should be in for world class striker, winger or wingback this january and yet the board did jackshit. 

There should be huge changes in summer, but there probably wont be. 

The day Barkley, Emerson or Giroud perform brilliantly I will eat my words, but until then we can easily say this was another underpeforming window and we bought bunch of average or injured players again. 

And people are actualy happy with Giroud haha. Its nice to joke he will score the winner against Barcelona, but then comes the harsh reality. 

We fell so far. If Eden leaves in summer, we are fucked. 

Agree with a lot of posts here, basically a lacklustre performance by by some, and a reflection of under investment with other squad members.

Apart from that another vital ingredient is missing - theres no galvaniser, no shouter and motivator when required. That's where JT and Lampard mattered

Even though he hadn't been in good form, Morata's injury and absence has really hurt us. He just makes us harder to defend against and gives opponents something else to think about. Good as Hazard is and he played well today, you know Bournemouth had been preparing thoroughly for a week expecting Hazard as striker and they defended well.

We really need him back or for Giroud to settle in quickly.

Also, the thing that would make us a better team and take us up to a whole other level is better wingbacks. Been said to death, but Alonso and Zappa are just so flawed. Absolute liabilities defensively and very streaky going forward. Top class wingbacks would totally change us. Hopefully Emerson's superior pace and skill on the ball can be exploited this season.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Even though he hadn't been in good form, Morata's injury and absence has really hurt us. He just makes us harder to defend against and gives opponents something else to think about. Good as Hazard is and he played well today, you know Bournemouth had been preparing thoroughly for a week expecting Hazard as striker and they defended well.

We really need him back or for Giroud to settle in quickly.

Also, the thing that would make us a better team and take us up to a whole other level is better wingbacks. Been said to death, but Alonso and Zappa are just so flawed. Absolute liabilities defensively and very streaky going forward. Top class wingbacks would totally change us. Hopefully Emerson's superior pace and skill on the ball can be exploited this season.

I will be happy if he is regular and important player by mid of the next season. 

Its often difficult for players to catch PL rhytm on its own, nevermind Emerson had injury AND played bad since the return.

29 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Can someone explain to me what is the board/Conte vision here?

They complain we dont have depth. We need depth so we can rely on other players and rest first choices. 

BUT, correct me if Im wrong, Conte still plays same players week in week out. Why? Because we dont have reliable players on the bench FFS. 

Tbf, while you can justifyably point to the lack of star quality in the last two transfers, one thing it has done is given us decent depth and options. The problem is we have squad players on the pitch aswell as the bench. Zappacosta and Moses the main examples, what would be two solid squad players swapping the starters berth.

This is what you get when you field 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders ;) We have MUCH better team than Bournemouth and poor transfer window shouldn't be an excuse to lose 3-0 against them without proper chance to even score ... 

Bakayoko is being criticized a lot but are we really expecting him to be a creative force? His role in this formation is wrong on so many levels tbh :) 

We are playing really poor football for whole month now and something like this was expected sooner rather than later. We were lucky to knockout Norwich, should have lost against Leicester if they didn't get the red card and got eliminated by poor Arsenal side ... not to mention below average performance against Newcastle where we got lucky with two counter attacks and everyone though that we are back on track :) 

With this said I expect same 343 formation against Watford ...<_<

Thing is we cant even play with to strikers, we have just loaned are 3rd one out. Think we need a 4231 or even a 433 just something diff. teams have figured this out now it doesn't work any more!!! And as for playing with no striker again is a fu king joke.

Does this board no anything about the 6 P's

46 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Tbf, while you can justifyably point to the lack of star quality in the last two transfers, one thing it has done is given us decent depth and options. The problem is we have squad players on the pitch aswell as the bench. Zappacosta and Moses the main examples, what would be two solid squad players swapping the starters berth.

I do think the vision of the board is the biggest problem. I actually have no problem with the board having such an influence in transfers if done correctly because in today's climate managers rarely last longer than a couple of seasons and as a result it keeps a continuity there. The problem is that lack of continuity currently because the board don't stick to a plan.

We were buying lots of technical players for a while and then brought Mourinho back to the club, so that core group of very talented young players was broken up for a more robust set up. When Mourinho went, we moved for Conte who's preference is a back 3 when we clearly didn't have the players for it. Don't be surprised to see us replace Conte in the summer with someone looking to play a completely different formation that suddenly renders the likes of Alonso, Zappacosta and Moses either surplus to requirements or sub standard in the new formation because they don't fit properly.

In my opinion a football brain on the board that can plan the long term strategy and transfer planning of the club is just as important as our next manager for getting things right for the long term success of the club.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

We have no midfield (I'm including wing-backs here) and this game proves it. This is probably why Conte wanted a target man, so we can bypass our midfield altogether.

Nah, Conte system need a target man as point of reference. Something feel off when we don't play with a no 9

I remember years ago there would be a lot more shock at results like this now , well since 2015 we seem to be more humble to these results.

The main issue I have as many have pointed out is what is the vision it just feels like a mess at the moment... no squad balance no idea who will be manager next year and is Hazard and Tibo off ? 

I just hope we get Top 4 and that's mainly for the money and to attract better names if big players leave.

I was saying to a friend that I'm glad I was old enough to appreciate our earlier teams 04/05 , 05/06 etc. As I feel for people expecting much nowadays with the squad we are assembling.

wow just wow, did not see this coming at all, losing 3-0 at home to fucking Bournemouth? wtf happened to this team? im lost for words atm, we are in shambles, this result just sums up this season for me. this team has become a joke, unnaceptable from this group of players :middlefinger::fainthv9:

Conte, I love you. It must be really hard for you to work under this conditions. Stay strong, we believe in you.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Lol?

We can't lose 0-3 to fucking Bournemouth at home, even if we are playing with 10 Bakayoko's...

Yes, it's difficult to play without a striker, but cammon, that's embarrassing...

Conte's fault here too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk