Edin Dzeko

the wes

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Now this is more like it. Dzeko on a short term deal as a rotational option would be fantastic if he'd actually agree to it. 

Agree 100% but even as a starter he'd be a good option.

Should have signed him instead of Torres years ago. Was a perfect player for us back then. 

Yeah I'd take this all day long given who we have been linked with recently.

He's never had pace so won't lose it as he gets older, and if anything has got even better at Roma. He would take huge pressure off of Morata at the moment and give us two strikers both good enough to start (and a proper dual striking threat in a 3-5-2).

And I could see Roma giving Bats good game time at a high level if he moves the other way on loan. 

27 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Agree 100% but even as a starter he'd be a good option.

Should have signed him instead of Torres years ago. Was a perfect player for us back then. 

I really really wanted him instead of Torres back then. The way our team was set up he'd have been a great heir to Drogba.

Roma fans imagine he could be going in the summer, and something like a 3rd of them would like him gone. One of their best goalscorers in a decade, but offers nothing in terms of 'creating his own chances' which there was a lot of debate about when Costa was here. I don't see at all how he works with Morata.

5 minutes ago, Leif said:

Roma fans imagine he could be going in the summer, and something like a 3rd of them would like him gone. One of their best goalscorers in a decade, but offers nothing in terms of 'creating his own chances' which there was a lot of debate about when Costa was here. I don't see at all how he works with Morata.

Maybe he could tell him where the goal is

15 minutes ago, Leif said:

I just think he's the sort of striker that we wouldn't need to worry about our overall level and goal threat dropping off a cliff with him starting games. That's what we need. We looked like a blunt butter knife when Batshuayi played. Dzeko is a huge threat in the air and with his feet and is a physical handful as well.

Basically what i'm saying is I wouldn't be shitting myself or nervous about Morata being injured/suspended if Dzeko is the one filling in. Only downside to bringing him in is the fact he's cup tied in the CL. He'd cause Barca trouble coming on late in the games.

I just think he's the sort of striker that we wouldn't need to worry about our overall level and goal threat dropping off a cliff with him starting games. That's what we need. We looked like a blunt butter knife when Batshuayi played. Dzeko is a huge threat in the air and with his feet and is a physical handful as well.
Basically what i'm saying is I wouldn't be shitting myself or nervous about Morata being injured/suspended if Dzeko is the one filling in. Only downside to bringing him in is the fact he's cup tied in the CL. He'd cause Barca trouble coming on late in the games.
I'd see him starting ahead of Morata

This guy's hold up play is probably one of the craziest things I've seen this season. He's like a magnet to the ball, the amount of times against us he brought it down for himself or perfectly for another player was very high. Great finisher too, I'd absolutely love to have him here.

Are we rummaging Roma? :D Rüdiger, now Dzeko and Palmieri reported by reliable sources. But I don't understand how is it that we go from Andy Carroll to Dzeko... shouldn't it be the other way around? Going from better to worse, not from worse to better. But whatever, if it means we end up getting Dzeko instead of the other clowns we are linked with, I will be a happy camper.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You