Ross Barkley

milllz

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The 15m fee for Barkley may be good but is this a Conte signing? Or if not, is he at least happy with it? From Matt Law's news report last night, it seems we want Barkley because he's English and we don't want to let one of Emenalo's recommendation go elsewhere. If Conte doesn't approve this one bit, then it will only make things worse between him and the board.

When have the board ever worried about upsetting a manager ? ^_^

Just now, Strike said:

Okay. Forget the fee. Do we need him?

I'd say no and haven't got much expectations for him, but I hope he proves me wrong if/when he does join.

Anyway I can see why the club are so adamant on making this deal. Even though Barkley's development has stalled in last couple of years the potential is still there as the player is just 24 years old, so at £15M it's a no-brainer because it's still easy profit to sell him on if he fails to live up to the standards of Chelsea.

Just now, Jype said:

I'd say no and haven't got much expectations for him, but I hope he proves me wrong if/when he does join.

Anyway I can see why the club are so adamant on making this deal. Even though Barkley's development has stalled in last couple of years the potential is still there as the player is just 24 years old, so at £15M it's a no-brainer because it's still easy profit to sell him on if he fails to live up to the standards of Chelsea.

and he is English. 

Where would he play in this team though? We have an Oscar problem with him

1 hour ago, Georgy said:

I see it's that moment when were about to sign a bang average player and we try to hype him into oblivion. I can't believe what I'm reading in the last page. Worst midfield we have inside the Top 6 easily, will be scary going forward if those are our only midfield options.

Nope. Disagree. Let’s compare.

City have: KDB, Silva, Gundogan, Toure, Fernandinho, Delph. 

Utd have: Pogba, Matic, Fellaini, Herrera, Carrick, McTominay.

Arsenal have: Xhaka, Ramsey, Wilshere, Coquelin, El Neny, AMN. 

Spurs have: Dembele, Winks, Wanyama, Sissoko, Dier. 

At Chelsea we’ve now basically got Kanté, Fabregas, Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinkwater as our CM core. 

I’m personally only definitely taking City’s CM core over ours. The rest are all worse/debatable. We arguably have the 2nd best CM core in the league. 

7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

At Chelsea we’ve now basically got Kanté, Fabregas, Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinkwater as our CM core. 

I’m personally only definitely taking City’s CM core over ours. The rest are all worse/debatable. We arguably have the 2nd best CM core in the league. 

Toure not counting as solution haha 

28 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Forget all the oyhers collectively, outside of City i'd only want Pogba and Dembele, the rest we either don't need (Waynama, Wilshere) or ain't good enough (the rest).

21 minutes ago, El P. said:

Still twice the player Bakayoko is.

Hahah   No. Was very good against arsenal .    The same you said (all Chelsea fans ) about Salah and he becomes one of the best . The same said. About KDB ,cuadrado etc .  

I am seeing that all Chelsea fans don’t have patience. You want end products.  You want bakayoko to be the best cdm in the worl at 22years  fucking logic . This why we haven’t a good team  because we haven’t football brain as a team . 😭😭😭😭😭

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley underwent a medical at Chelsea’s training ground in Cobham on Thursday night and his move to the Premier League champions could be confirmed later today, SSN understands.

We understand the player and his representatives are at Stamford Bridge at present, finalising a deal.