Ross Barkley

milllz

We paid 40M for Bakayoko last summer, he's struggled to control the ball, pass the ball and even look like a footballer, yet people are writing off Barkley and asking us to be patient with Bakayoko.

Barkley will surprise a few because he can do all of the above and is a low risk signing.

The 15m fee for Barkley may be good but is this a Conte signing? Or if not, is he at least happy with it? From Matt Law's news report last night, it seems we want Barkley because he's English and we don't want to let one of Emenalo's recommendation go elsewhere. If Conte doesn't approve this one bit, then it will only make things worse between him and the board.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

The 15m fee for Barkley may be good but is this a Conte signing? Or if not, is he at least happy with it? From Matt Law's news report last night, it seems we want Barkley because he's English and we don't want to let one of Emenalo's recommendation go elsewhere. If Conte doesn't approve this one bit, then it will only make things worse between him and the board.

We will know depending on how much game time he will get.

7 minutes ago, manpe said:

We will know depending on how much game time he will get.

Irrespective of the game time...if he keeps bakayoko out there despite been embarrassingly piss poor for a while now and refuse to try Barkley...then he should stop moaning about transfer targets the board refuse to sign...

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

conte was supposed to be super keen on drinkwater, but still prefers to play bakayoko who has looked a lot worse

I see it's that moment when were about to sign a bang average player and we try to hype him into oblivion. I can't believe what I'm reading in the last page. Worst midfield we have inside the Top 6 easily, will be scary going forward if those are our only midfield options.

43 minutes ago, the wes said:

see no point keeping RLC with Barkley coming in now 

Can see Conte tweaking the system akin to the way Juventus played and needing more box to box midfielders during the whole of next season so Rlc will do fine , I'm a fan of Ruben and he has done well on loan but 1 goal and 3 assists even at a struggling team dos'nt scream he is ready for a starting 11 position at CFC ,so it will depend on him again on how much game time he gets at Cfc next season and how much he improves .

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Reading this a lot that the 15m fee is good, low-risk

Barkley is out of contract at the end of the season. Is it really necessary to spend 15 million on him now?

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

Reading this a lot that the 15m fee is good, low-risk

Barkley is out of contract at the end of the season. Is it really necessary to spend 15 million on him now?

To have a much better chance of getting him, yes it is. In the summer I'm sure Arsenal and Tottenham would be all over it so he'd have more options to choose from and he could well end up elsewhere.

And players moving on free transfers generally receive bigger signing bonuses and higher wages because no transfer fee needs to be paid, so there's that too. In the end I'd guess there's not much difference in the total cost package including transfer fee, wages and bonuses when signing him now as compared to next summer. And if he can help the team even a little bit in the second half of this season and also be a lot more accustomed to the club by next season, it's easily worth it. 

1 minute ago, Jype said:

To have a much better chance of getting him, yes it is. In the summer I'm sure Arsenal and Tottenham would be all over it so he'd have more options to choose from and he could well end up elsewhere.

And players moving on free transfers generally receive bigger signing bonuses and higher wages because no transfer fee needs to be paid, so there's that too. In the end I'd guess there's not much difference in the total cost package including transfer fee, wages and bonuses when signing him now as compared to next summer. And if he can help the team even a little bit in the second half of this season and also be a lot more accustomed to the club by next season, it's easily worth it. 

Okay. Forget the fee. Do we need him?