Ross Barkley

milllz

Bags of skill,untapped potential,English (every team should have players from the country the club plays in regardless of HG quota but it helps that too) he hasn`t been a Kante/Ramires grass covering machine. but he will cover more grass than Fabregas and he obviously has become disheartened with being at a club where finishing 7th is classed as a good season. Conte likes players to "put in a shift" but he`s not Jose kind of maniac about that. he can be shaped into what we want and when Cesc is not playing atleast have some creativity from CM/AM..not yet a passer on Cesc`s level,may never be but can still offer a lot  creatively and score himself.

As with Renato Sanches, I think the club would gladly take him but I'm not sure either player would agree to join us because they'd be in rotational roles. Barkley in particular can just stay at Everton and play the majority of their games. He'd probably be competing directly with Cesc for his spot here.

we should concern ourselves on what our club wants/needs not the welfare of players who haven`t joined us yet really. but very few players are guaranteed to be regular starters at the biggest clubs.plenty still join them willing to put up a fight for a place in the starting 11 as much as often at a club that challenges on all fronts instead of staying at clubs who at best can offer with realistic ambition a runners up medal in a domestic cup. there is going to a lot more rotation this season than last and for future seasons aswell.  it`s a toss up who would play the fewest games Barkley or Costa if they stayed at their current clubs so I`d say no he won`t play more there..:)

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

As with Renato Sanches, I think the club would gladly take him but I'm not sure either player would agree to join us because they'd be in rotational roles. Barkley in particular can just stay at Everton and play the majority of their games. He'd probably be competing directly with Cesc for his spot here.

Not if they sign Sigurdsson

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Not if they sign Sigurdsson

I hope that happens, then. I think Barkley would be a good signing assuming he settles in and actually plays. 

Same with The Ox.

STILL NO BARKLEY OFFERS

As it stands, there have been no offers for Everton midfielder Ross Barkley this summer.

We are told there is interest from Tottenham and Chelsea but this could go all the way to Deadline Day. Barkley has a year left on his contract and boss Ronald Koeman says he WILL be sold this summer.

2 hours ago, the wes said:

If we play 3-5-2 we could put him just front of Bakayoko and Kante in a three men midfield 

We need 2 or 3 more midfielders if we want to pull 352 formation :) Willian, Pedro, Musonda and even Hazard (could play second striker but not his prefered position) are not suited for that formation and we would need at least 5 or 6 midfielders for rotation ... 

2 hours ago, the wes said:

If we play 3-5-2 we could put him just front of Bakayoko and Kante in a three men midfield 

In that formation Fabregas would be a definite starter though. Bakayoko and Kante would be bossing the middle, allowing Cesc to work his magic without any defensive responsibilities so his lack of pace and other flaws wouldn't get exposed as much as they do in the current 3-4-3.

That being said, the 3-5-2 is a formation I've been campaigning for all summer. The idea of Morata-Hazard up front and Bakayoko-Cesc-Kante in midfield sounds really exciting to me. Maybe not a formation to play every game with because players like Willian&Pedro would be rendered obsolete and there's not enough depth in midfield to use it all the time but for some games, maybe against the top teams, it could work. 

But yeah, Barkley could play the Fabregas role in that formation too if he were signed.